[Script] URComments-Enhanced (URC-E)

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] URComments-Enhanced (URC-E)

Postby russblau » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:13 pm

Feature request: (Previously requested by someone else for URC but never implemented...)

It would be great if there were an option to append a selected text to the current message in the dialog box instead of replacing it.
russblau
State Manager
State Manager

Postby russblau » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:40 pm

jm6087 wrote:
dBsooner wrote:
russblau wrote:Feature request: (Previously requested by someone else for URC but never implemented...)

It would be great if there were an option to append a selected text to the current message in the dialog box instead of replacing it.

How would you denote which comments to insert the additional text to? With the comments being controlled and reloaded from the google sheet every WME reload, there wouldn’t be a way to locally denote which get it and which don’t. Without some advanced coding (which I could do... like add a checkbox next to a comment). But even with a checkbox, there isn’t anything to key on except the title itself or order in the list, and those could change at any time by the comment list owner. So really, the only option would be to have a setting box to allow you to type in your own response to append to EVERY message, then you’d have to delete it if you don’t want it there. But that could wreak havoc on the double click option. It would either A) append automatically or B) I say do not append the extra text on double clicks.

Thoughts?

Maybe a toggle or something that locks what is already been entered into the comment box and places the next item selected from the list at the end.

Good idea. (A checkbox next to the comment box that toggles between "replace" and "append" modes.) And it certainly shouldn't append on a double-click.
russblau
State Manager
State Manager

Postby RussPA » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:41 pm

It would be nice to be able to use a state's standard comment list and be able to also have a second list of our own personal custom comments (things I might have added just to save time that wouldn't apply to anyone else). That way the state list can still be updated automatically. So it would merge the state Google sheet with our own local personal custom sheet when it displays the entire comment list. Is that even possible?
RussPA
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby RussPA » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:49 pm

I converted my old URC custom sheet to a Google sheet, and it seems to be working fine, but is there a way to get to that G sheet easily, or do I have to go to my Drive and find it myself? Something like an "Edit Custom" button would be nice.

Also, this is probably an obvious question, but we have to manually disable all URO+ UR related settings (meaning URC-E doesn't disable them)? I noticed duplicate pop ups at first until I disabled that URO+ function.
RussPA
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby RussPA » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:56 pm

dBsooner wrote:I don’t think it would be fair for me to disable their settings or vice Versa. The only thing I would be willing to add would be a check if theirs is enabled and disable URC-Es. But I don’t think that’s a desired result as URC-E adds some stuff. Thoughts?

Those settings seem to me to be more appropriate in URC-E, but not everyone may be running both scripts, so I just wanted to confirm that there was no interaction between URC-E and URO. I've disabled the URO settings, so problem solved, for me, as long as there aren't any hidden interactions going on.
RussPA
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby RussPA » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:17 pm

Alpha_VA wrote:I have one issue, since today, a UR doesn't open anymore automatically when I click on the center icon, the url shown does not contain the UR id. Anything I need to reconfigure?

New WME version today broke a lot of scripts. They'll get fixed soon enough.
RussPA
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby RussPA » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:21 pm

mdswbkq wrote:I have not been getting any effect from "Auto zoom in on new UR" recently, and I have never gotten any effect from "Auto zoom out after comment". Both are checked.

The latest WME update affected some script functions, particularly the zoom functions, so that is likely the cause.
RussPA
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby samighaffari » Mon May 06, 2019 8:41 am

I write a script with google speardsheet .
But when your script is on use your session and make an error with my script .
what can we do for this problem ?
samighaffari

Postby sh-oded » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:45 am

URC-E is not loaded for me in WME-beta
sh-oded
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby tcalvert317 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:40 am

I do like the new filter too. I'm not sure what happened to mine when it updated, but I had to reinstall it for it to work. It's working great now.

I appreciate all of the effort you have placed into making this script work.

Thanks,

Ted
tcalvert317

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts