[Script] URComments-Enhanced (URC-E)

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, JustinS83, Glodenox

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] URComments-Enhanced (URC-E)

Postby age4670 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:00 am

Would it be possible to extend the pop up to all segments, places, etc.? That is the only reason I have URO+. I like the extra information in URC-E.
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
AM Southern Queensland

Join us on the Waze Australia Discord Server.
age4670
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby dBsooner » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:50 pm

RussPA wrote:
dBsooner wrote:I don’t think it would be fair for me to disable their settings or vice Versa. The only thing I would be willing to add would be a check if theirs is enabled and disable URC-Es. But I don’t think that’s a desired result as URC-E adds some stuff. Thoughts?

Those settings seem to me to be more appropriate in URC-E, but not everyone may be running both scripts, so I just wanted to confirm that there was no interaction between URC-E and URO. I've disabled the URO settings, so problem solved, for me, as long as there aren't any hidden interactions going on.

Nope, no hidden interactions. It's a general rule-of-thumb that scripts are completely independent of each other. Unless the script is strictly labeled as an "addon" for another. That way you don't end up with this scenario you described of one script affecting another or vice versa.
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
• AM: Eastern Oklahoma, DFW, Southern Florida
• Wiki: WME | Editing Manual | Best Practices | FAQ | Places
• AT&T | iPhone XS Max | iOS 12 | Waze Latest Beta
dBsooner
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5

Postby dBsooner » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:00 pm

age4670 wrote:Would it be possible to extend the pop up to all segments, places, etc.? That is the only reason I have URO+. I like the extra information in URC-E.

I have contemplated this in the past. I go back and forth on it. URO+ is an awesome script and really was/is a pioneer in Waze scripting.

My goal as a script author, and I am fairly certain the rest of the WazeDev team feels this way (though I won't speak for them), is to produce scripts that make editor life easier / more productive without taking away from the current active developed scripts. The primary reason I forked URC into URC-E was because URC was lacking regular update and support. Secondarily, though not by much, I knew I could rewrite it from the ground up with newer ECMAScript abilities that would make it much more efficient, while extending it's capabilities and making it easier to use (creating comment lists).

The only reason I included some of the URO+ features within URC-E was I felt they fit quite nicely into an "all-inclusive" UR script, which is what URO was originally. I mostly took URO+'s ideas for URs and wrote them in my own way. A couple functions (and the marker images) I took exactly and gave credit within the codebase.

TL;DR: I like the idea of splitting out the popups into another script, but don't want to take away from URO+. If I were to embark on that project, I would want to have full support of Twister-UK and possibly make it a joint project. I don't know his project roadmap for URO+ and don't know if he would even be interested in splitting some of it's functionality out. Until he and I can discuss this, I stand on the side I have been on so far: Not going to do it for now.

Great idea though!
dBsooner
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5

Postby rickzabel » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:18 am

RussPA wrote:Also, this is probably an obvious question, but we have to manually disable all URO+ UR related settings (meaning URC-E doesn't disable them)? I noticed duplicate pop ups at first until I disabled that URO+ function.

G_W1Z wrote:I get the duplicate pop-up, too, and wondered the same thing.

dBsooner wrote:This is an unfortunate side effect of two scripts doing the same / similar things. URC-E does a little more to the popup and fixes some alignment issues.

I don’t think it would be fair for me to disable their settings or vice Versa. The only thing I would be willing to add would be a check if theirs is enabled and disable URC-Es. But I don’t think that’s a desired result as URC-E adds some stuff. Thoughts?

I just found out about URC-E and wanted to start with a thank you for taking over the (re)development of URC. I haven't had time to edit or script for a while now and was only posting updates and fixes as others would present them to me.

As for URO's UR filtering being enabled; the agreement I had with Twister was that if someone had filters enabled in URO I would disable URC's filters. I approached this as his script was around first so URC would self-disable and alert the user as to why. Also, Twister had added a flag that could be checked to see if URO has active UR-filtering. The reason we went that was I was trying to parse his whole tab and when he added more to URO, URC would then cause conflicts. The flag for active URO UR-filters is sessionStorage.UROverview_hasActiveURFilters which will return True or False. If you need to know if other groups of items are enabled I would suggest messaging him and see if he is willing to add more “active” flags.

Thanks,
Rick Zabel
[ img ]
Chicago Illinois Suburbs , Main areas Downers Grove, Naperville, and Auroa
https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/User:Rickzabel
rickzabel
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3

Postby dBsooner » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:14 pm

2019.04.30.01 is out!!

Code: Select all
2019.04.30.01: NEW: Filter by closed by (comma separated list of usernames).
               NEW: Link to Custom Google Spreadsheet on settings tab.
               CHANGE: Filter by keyword is now regex compatible.
               REMOVED: Filter by type Waze automatic (deprecated).
               BUGFIX: Check restrictions and load comment list failed to run during mode
                       change.
               BUGFIX: Re-initialization of background tasks failed to run when returning from
                       events mode.
               BUGFIX: Alignment of "Use URC-E Master Settings setting" in different locales.
               BUGFIX: Zoom out links did not work.
               BUGFIX: Switching comment lists could result in incorrect default comments.
dBsooner
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5

Postby GabiruX_ » Wed May 01, 2019 4:01 am

How can I help you about translations to portuguese (Brazil)? I was working on other similar script. If needed just tell me :)
GabiruX_
State Manager
State Manager

Postby dBsooner » Sat May 04, 2019 11:45 am

GabiruX_ wrote:How can I help you about translations to portuguese (Brazil)? I was working on other similar script. If needed just tell me :)

I'll send you a PM.
dBsooner
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5

Postby dBsooner » Sat May 04, 2019 11:46 am

2019.05.04.01 is out!!

Code: Select all
2019.05.04.01: CHANGE: Using WazeWrap alert system.
               BUGFIX: Restrictions not updating correctly on map move in certain situations.
               BUGFIX: Need translation message box not displayed correctly.
               BUGFIX: Last comment more than days old filter.
dBsooner
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5

Postby mrsmith66 » Sat May 04, 2019 3:43 pm

Not loading on Chrome on mac.

UPDATE: I disabled WME Magic and it loaded correctly.
mrsmith66
State Manager
State Manager

Postby jonv-uk » Sat May 04, 2019 8:54 pm

Untitled.png
(28.51 KiB) Downloaded 68 times

Keep getting this when I use the script.
Can en-GB be added please?

Thanks
Jon
Jon
AM Aire Valley, West Yorkshire
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
jonv-uk

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts