Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by JustinS83
voludu2 wrote:Two suggestions for enhancement:
1) support marker=true in, just as it is supported when the URL is pasted into the browser address bar
I don't believe there is a mechanism that can be triggered to display the marker - I believe it is only checked/displayed when the page is loaded, but I will check.

voludu2 wrote: 2) support for the wmebr showpur / endshow to to open PURs. https://www.waze.com/en-US/editor?zoom= ... 07&endshow
Use case: loading WME + scripts takes too long, so I use WMEBR with a click, ctrl-C, ctrl-W, and paste
into the enhanced search window.
No, I won't support this. WMEBR's showpur/endshow is utilizing/relying on URO+'s implementation to display the PUR (URO+ is what adds and reads the showpur/endshow) and I do not like this implementation as it needlessly modifies the URL and adds extra parsing. WME Place Interface Enhancements as the "Automatically open PUR" option which works on normal WME URLs and can/should be used instead.
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
voludu2 wrote:Thanks for the info. I do like WMEBR for finding high-locked PURs in a state.
I had transitioned from URO+/ URcomments to URC-e, and would need to re-install URO+ in order to use WMEBR effectively for this purpose.
Or enable the aforementioned option in PIE and it will work.
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
juliansean wrote:I am having an issue (and maybe I'm misunderstanding the script) where when a new editor asks for a downlock, and I copy their PL, enhanced search isn't just selecting the segment(s) but also allowing changes to my WME setup. In the past, ES would essentially strip &s=1234567890& from the pl, and it isn't doing that any more.

Thank you.

Example... https://www.waze.com/en-US/editor/?env= ... ,518202004 the $s=1630928343& from the editor's PL is no longer stripped in Enhanced Search
ES doesn't even parse that part of the URL, sonit doesn't matter that it isn't stripped - ES won't mess with the layers except to turn on the segment or places layers if they aren't enabled and segments or places is found in the url
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
Update released - 2020.03.27.01

Fixes the issue with the layers disabling when following a PL
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
YanisKyr wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:53 pm Would it be possible to support short Google Maps links as well as short Waze links? For example:

https://goo.gl/maps/8kdvwJmuBifYdLWT6

https://waze.com/ul/hgc6vc3se3

No
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by MapOMatic
:tears_of_joy_emoji:

(Edit: when will be able to customize the highlight color? I know you said something like "when hell freezes over", but I think that leaves a lot of room for interpretation.)
MapOMatic
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by sketch
Enhancement request: can you have it enable the places layer group when a PL with a venue ID is pasted/otherwise sent into the hole?
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by sketch
JustinS83 wrote:
juliansean wrote:I am having an issue (and maybe I'm misunderstanding the script) where when a new editor asks for a downlock, and I copy their PL, enhanced search isn't just selecting the segment(s) but also allowing changes to my WME setup. In the past, ES would essentially strip &s=1234567890& from the pl, and it isn't doing that any more.

Thank you.

Example... https://www.waze.com/en-US/editor/?env= ... ,518202004 the $s=1630928343& from the editor's PL is no longer stripped in Enhanced Search
ES doesn't even parse that part of the URL, sonit doesn't matter that it isn't stripped - ES won't mess with the layers except to turn on the segment or places layers if they aren't enabled and segments or places is found in the url
At any rate, mine isn't handling segment selections anymore either.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by tonestertm
Thanks for making this happen, Justin!

Now, my obligatory Feature Request: can there be a history of pasted/searched items? Oftentimes, while studying something on the map, I'll want to jump back and forth between two (rarely, three) spots, but I don't necessarily need to have a more permanent bookmark. It would even be fine if the history disappeared with the tab.
tonestertm
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message
https://dl.dropbox.com/s/y7f2gsiomkpxbe6/CA_SM_Rocket_Shear_Alpha_50.png?dl=0
ARC for SW Region, USA
Global Champ, US Local Champ
The best editors Read the Wiki and read it often. Learn the proper way to handle URs. Don't draw another Place until you read this!