Switch to full style
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Forum rules

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post a reply

Re: [Script] WME Enhanced Search

Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:55 pm

I love this script. I would like to know if there is a way to find a specific location between two crossing segments (+ intersection). Like "XXX Ave & YYY Road" and it would take me directly were these two segments cross each other.

Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:38 pm

JustinS83 wrote:
ancho85 wrote:I love this script. I would like to know if there is a way to find a specific location between two crossing segments (+ intersection). Like "XXX Ave & YYY Road" and it would take me directly were these two segments cross each other.

You can already do that - it is supported through the google search.
Search with an & between the two road names:

1st St & Main St

:o I really didn't know that! I'm guessing that since it opens the result in google maps I just need to find a script to open the WME from that location. Thanks JustinS83!

Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:59 pm

I'm learning now that I can do that. You are a life saviour. Thanks again.

Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:44 am

I'll echo that - many thanks, and turning the script back ON!

Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:43 pm

It's working fine for me as well.

Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:58 am

jm6087 wrote:When I paste a PL into Enhanced Search, I get transported to the new location but my segment layers get turned off.

This is happening for me as well.

Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:48 pm

JustinS83 wrote:Update released - 2020.03.27.01

Fixes the issue with the layers disabling when following a PL

Working for me now. Thanks, Justin.

Mon May 20, 2019 2:24 pm

This is an amazing tool! Just learned about REs and the algorithms used to develop them :) (NFAs).

Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:08 am

How about creating a script for the forum that automatically clicks the "thanks" button when I open one of your script topics to find you've released yet another update? All that clicking on a little icon is hard work. :lol:

Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:05 pm

This script seems to be working after the latest WME update (one of the few!).

However, it is throwing an error on the Chrome console:
Code:
Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: W.map.zoomTo is not a function
    at jump4326 (userscript.html?id=f8b8ae08-75e3-465f-932e-76c60923e55a:518)
    at parsePaste (userscript.html?id=f8b8ae08-75e3-465f-932e-76c60923e55a:290)
    at HTMLInputElement.readPaste (userscript.html?id=f8b8ae08-75e3-465f-932e-76c60923e55a:277)

That's when pasting a permalink into the Search box. Pasting a segment ID works fine. I haven't tried any other search types, so I'm not sure if any of them might be broken.

As long as it's still working, I won't worry too much, but you might want to look at it at some point. ;)
Post a reply