Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

[Script] WME Layer Saver

Post by HBiede
Ever have WME forget your preferred layer settings? Ever flip back and forth between different combinations of layers for different purposes? This is the script for you.

Download: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/38338 ... ayer-saver

Usage:
  • Select the scripts you wish to use together regularly
  • Go to the LSaver tab
  • Select “Save New Group” and give it a name
  • Select the desired group and press load to load the proper layers
HBiede
State Manager
State Manager

POSTER_ID:17543588

Send a message

Post by fjsawicki
Excellent script.

I would be nice to way to a default profile loadable by a single click. This would make it easy to change the layers for special requirements but then go back to ones standard profile.

This could be done by allowing us to pick one of our profiles as the default profile then have that one loaded as the default in the dropdown box. Then we could just click load to get back to normal. An alternative would be to have a separate button to load the default profile

Thanks
fjsawicki
Send a message

Post by gutrixio
Just what I was looking for days ago, thank you.
gutrixio
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message

Post by HBiede
tenetienne wrote:Since this is to save our layers, should this be loaded last to be sure everything has loaded when we login to WME?
This script does nothing on startup. It only changes the layers when prompted to. So long as you don’t attempt to run it in the first few milliseconds of loading WME, it will work fine.
HBiede
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message
Last edited by HBiede on Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by HBiede
fjsawicki wrote:It would be nice to way to a default profile loadable by a single click. This would make it easy to change the layers for special requirements but then go back to ones standard profile
Sorry that I didn't see this before today. I have implemented this idea in v2019.08.11.001!
HBiede
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by HBiede
wxw777 wrote:I was just about to write something like this script and found yours. Thanks. I was wondering if it would be possible to have a checkbox that sets it to load the default setting upon startup (refresh). I sometimes forget to turn things back on (like MCs) when editing.
You’re certainly welcome, and I could try to work through that idea at some point; however, getting through college without debt involves quite a bit of working.
HBiede
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by HBiede
Yodeima wrote:I have not tried much, but it looks good, just ask where is the file saved when it is exported? , is to have it controlled and safely.

Sorry for my bad English. Thank you.
It just copies the settings to your clipboard
HBiede
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by HBiede
YanisKyr wrote:Scripts that appear under the Display section (Magic/Client tile borders etc.) are captured and toggled when loading Groups. But the Scripts section is not captured by LSaver - would it be possible to include?

While I could add a second case for this, the best solution would be to ask developers using old checkbox styles to update to the new WME styling/ID'ing
HBiede
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by tenetienne
Since this is to save our layers, should this be loaded last to be sure everything has loaded when we login to WME?
tenetienne  
Area Manager
Area Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message