Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

[Script] WME-Locksmith

Post by SkiDooGuy
Greetings all!

I'd like to introduce everyone to a new script known as Locksmith! This script is a highlight and lock script based loosely off relock which some of you have used. Locksmith pulls it's per State locking standards from a spreadsheet which can be updated with changing community standards as needed, so the script will always be using the correct standards without needing to rewrite any of the code! It also accounts for polygon or city name based variations in the standard.
2020-10-15_11h11_50.jpg
(680.7 KiB) Downloaded 961 times
2020-10-15_11h12_03.jpg
(31.21 KiB) Downloaded 701 times

Locksmith will initially load with the current state (and will update the state when appropriate) and display the locking standards for that state, which can be overridden manually by changing the drop-downs if desired. The custom lock dropdown will only show values up to the editors rank, they will need to hit "reset" to get the higher standards back.

If multiple states are available then a popup will be displayed on screen which will prompt you to select the "Manual State Select" in the options menu and then select the correct State. This pop-up can be disabled in the options menu
2020-10-15_11h16_54.jpg
(10.02 KiB) Downloaded 719 times
  • Reset will clear the UI, any highlights on the map, and return any custom lock overrides to the state standards.
  • Scan will perform a on-time scan of the current map and, depending on the options set, update the UI and highlights appropriately.
  • Lock All will simply lock any segments the editor is able to edit to the correct standard without setting highlights or updating the UI.
Clicking on the "Other Segment Types" text will switch the UI to display the standards for alternative segment types.
2020-10-15_11h12_23.jpg
(32.13 KiB) Downloaded 693 times
The options menu provides several ways to customize how the script functions and what displays.
2020-10-15_11h12_38.jpg
(34.03 KiB) Downloaded 694 times
  • Active Scan is what it sounds like, as you pan around the map with this enabled the script will run and update the UI with the results as it goes
  • Enable Highlights will result in the relevant segments on the map being highlighted with red for segments locked below standards and blue for those locked above standards
  • Detect Segs Above my Rank will let the script update the UI and highlights to include segments which you either are unable to lock to the standard (think R4 SM with freeways) as well as segments locked above your rank
  • Save Scan Settings will cause the following settings to persist between refreshes: Active Scan, Enable Highlights, Detect Segs Above my Rank, and Include Overlocked Segs. Locksmith is set up to use both local storage and if the editor desires, WazeWraps cross browser settings storage
  • Manual State Select allows the state to be manually set and will not update while panning
  • Disable States Popup will prevent the warning about multiple states being available while panning with active scan enabled
  • Include Overlocked Segs allows segments locked over the standard to be highlighted and included in the UI results
At the bottom there are several Additional Attributes that are colored (enabled) based on entires in the spreadsheet. These include when segments have a one-way, unpaved, HOV, or toll standard different from the regular state standard, as well as when a state has a polygon (WKT) or city name based standard. These settings (when available) can be toggled enabled/disabled by clicking on them.
2020-10-15_11h20_36.jpg
(7 KiB) Downloaded 725 times
Currently the locking functions are only available to R3+ editors, R1/2 editors can still utilize the scripts highlighting and custom override functions, but the locking functions are disabled. Currently this is not configurable by country, but I may include that or remove this requirement all together if it is just causing issues.

This script is also built to allow localization, so if the script doesn't load in your WME set language please feel free to contact me and we can change that!

Also - if there is currently no standards for your country/state please contact me and I can get those in very quickly.

Greasyfork Link
SkiDooGuy
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 1

POSTER_ID:16831039

Send a message
Last edited by SkiDooGuy on Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Assistant Regional Coordinator: Great Lakes Region
Local Champ: Canada, USA
Country Manager: Canada, USA, Palau
Rank 6 editor

https://i.ibb.co/ZNbYyt5/RIPIain.png

Post by jm6087
For Bruce

jm6087
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by Majid-Alyafeai
whatismoss wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:52 am Hey, looks like a good script
However, it might be broken :|
Screenshot_265.png
I know this script is a bit old but it is still useful :)
Also i can provide French translations and locks if you're interested ;)
I am still having the same thing, No details showing to select:
Screenshot 2022-09-22 095207.jpg
(44.69 KiB) Downloaded 178 times
Majid-Alyafeai
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Thank You
Majid Alyafeai

CM | United Arab Emirates
Edt | Since 2014
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

Post by Mikepedia
Just discovered this script and I'm already loving it! I have a question about the highlights for segments underlocked from standards while I'm an R3. As an example, in SCR, freeways are locked to L5. Currently a freeway segment locked to L1 and L4 both have a red highlight. Let's say I'm working on changes to the freeway and it's locked at 2. When I find these, I usually increase them to 3 while I'm working, and then request an up-lock when I'm done.

Would it be possible for the script to have a different color highlight for segments under-locked that I can raise compared to segments that I can't? For example, a freeway segment at 2 would highlight red because it's under-locked and I can do something about it, and a freeway segment at 4 would highlight a different color because while it's under-locked, I can't do anything about it. And in the count of under-locked segments the number could be 5/2 where 5 segments are underlocked, 2 of which I can raise myself?

Does that make sense? I totally understand if that's not something you want to implement, but as a R3 I stumble across segments that should be locked higher and I can do something about it while waiting for an R5 to come along and finish the up-lock.
Mikepedia
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message

Post by Mikepedia
Again, thank you so much for this script, SkiDooGuy! Even as a L3 I find it extremely useful! I do have another feature request...

Right now when I scan an area with segments that are above my lock abilities (4 and up) I have the option to click any of the buttons that uplock certain segments, but of course I can't actually lock them higher. In these cases, when clicking the uplock button, instead of displaying the alert that no segments are out of standards or simply doing nothing and removing the count in the display pane, could it select the segments needing to be locked to that level and create a PL? Or simply select the segments so I can manually create a PL?

This would make this script very useful to lower level editors that are trying to make sure their work gets locked up afterwards, and would be especially useful for separating out segments that need different lock levels to be posted for others to lock them back up (mobile or not).
Mikepedia
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message

Post by Mikepedia
RichardPyne wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 2:30 pm Locksmith is not recognizing which state you are editing, regardless of zoom level.

I am having the same issue. When WME rolled back I was at least able to manually select the state, but now when I attempt this I get a dropdown with three options, all saying "undefined" and selecting them doesn't allow me to run the script.
Mikepedia
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message

Post by SkiDooGuy
Sorry I missed this initially.

In the latest version I'll release in the next few days this is hopefully addressed a bit. It just comes down to loading times, and if there is high usage as the script loads and it can't grab all the spreadsheet values before other parts of the script start firing off then these errors occur.

I've increased some time limits in minor places that shouldn't be noticeable to users, but should increase the loading reliability a lot. (fingers crossed)
SkiDooGuy
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Rank 6 editor

Post by SkiDooGuy
New version released. Beta testers have indicated increased reliability. Please let me know if anyone still has consistent issues and we'll look at your circumstances and go from there.

Thanks!
SkiDooGuy
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Rank 6 editor

Post by SkiDooGuy
jm6087 wrote:
turnertr wrote:Noticed when I get in areas near a state border, it gets awful pushy about making sure I have a state selected. I can have up to 4 instances of the error window on my screen at a time. Any movement will cause more of the error to appear.
If you want, you can disable this pop up in the options - "disable states popups"
Correct, this was a tricky feature to handle so I simply added the ability to suppress the popup. In the original post it's listed in the explanation of the options menu:
  • Disable States Popup will prevent the warning about multiple states being available while panning with active scan enabled
SkiDooGuy
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Rank 6 editor