[Script] WME Auto Reload

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

[Script] WME Auto Reload

Postby Twister-UK » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:20 am

WAR, what is it good for, absolutely nothing...

...unless by WAR, you're referring to WME Auto Reload, in which case it provides a partial workaround for the somewhat annoying "oops, I seem to have forgotten the street name data" bug which can be triggered by panning/zooming the map under certain conditions.

I'm hoping this will be the shortest lived script I've ever released, and that an official bugfix will be released s...ometime in the near future ;) But until then, workarounds will have to suffice.

I call WAR a partial workaround because it'll only keep the street name data present if the map is panned/zoomed when no map objects are selected - the data is maintained by performing a call to W.controller.reload() to refresh the data for all objects currently in view, but this would also deselect any objects which isn't ideal. So the call is inhibited whenever objects are selected during a pan/zoom, which unfortunately allows a window of opportunity for the bug to surface, but as this was just a quick hack to provide some level of respite from the bug, rather than something I have any intention of putting real effort into, it'll do for now.

https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/38970 ... uto-reload
Chris (not to be confused with Chris or Chris...)
AM SE England & Shetland Islands, UK Local Champ, WME Beta Tester & ScriptMangler
WME/Livemap enhancement scripts @ GreasyFork and Chrome Web Store

[ img ][ img ][ img ]
Twister-UK
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Re: [Script] WME Auto Reload

Postby G_W1Z » Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:24 pm

Thank you so much for this!
G_W1Z
Pennsylvania LAM (USA:NOR)
Waze Etiquette | Pennsylvania Editing
A Phoenix out of the ashes...
iPhone XS | Apple Car Play
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
G_W1Z
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Twister-UK » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:56 pm

Just pushed a minor update which stops the reload call if there are unsaved edits...
Chris (not to be confused with Chris or Chris...)
AM SE England & Shetland Islands, UK Local Champ, WME Beta Tester & ScriptMangler
WME/Livemap enhancement scripts @ GreasyFork and Chrome Web Store

[ img ][ img ][ img ]
Twister-UK
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby SkiDooGuy » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:44 pm

Ah! This is great, but woulda been so much more helpful about a week ago when I built similar functionality into one of my scripts because of this error.

Yours does it much more eloquently though, so thanks for that!
Assistant Regional Coordinator: Great Lakes Region
Local Champ: Canada, USA
Country Manager: Canada, USA, Palau
SkiDooGuy
Coordinators
Coordinators

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts