[Script] UROverview Plus v3.176 (20200116)

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.176 (20200116)

Postby ardan74 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:47 am

I'm getting no Feed, or very little feed. When I hit refresh on the feed, it flutters (I see the URC-E working - processing UR flickers) but nothing shows up after load. https://outklip.com/v/-M0LNAqqG2g3OQpUvel4

I have disabled all scripts except for URC-E (which I thought was the problem first) then when I had all the feed available, I added URO+ on and recreated the same issue.
ardan74
State Manager
State Manager

Postby ardan74 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:38 pm

jm6087 wrote:Did you check the filters to make sure nothing is checked that could be causing the lack of feed?

Yeppers, pretty much nothing is checked :)
ardan74
State Manager
State Manager

Postby ardan74 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:39 pm

Leorenaud wrote:There is a bug that new URs are not going into the feed.
Staff is aware of this issue.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

It's just not new URs, it's not even filtering/showing older URs.
ardan74
State Manager
State Manager

Postby ardan74 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:50 am

Twister,

Thanks for the reply! I believe this is what I need to do:

"the server simply isn't returning anything in the first few batches of feed entries which meet your personal filtering preferences and you'd therefore need to keep on manually loading in additional entries beyond the point at which URO+ would give up trying for itself".

I had assumed/thought that URO would filter the whole feed. Now thinking about it, to do sou would probably be resource-intensive and would make it as slow as URMP.

Sorry for the false alarm and thank you for the explanations!
ardan74
State Manager
State Manager

Postby jm6087 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:17 am

Did you check the filters to make sure nothing is checked that could be causing the lack of feed?
Thanks,
John
US Local Champ
SCR Wiki
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
jm6087
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby Leorenaud » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:38 am

There is a bug that new URs are not going into the feed.
Staff is aware of this issue.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
ImageImageImageImageImage
Global Champ
Country Manager Benelux
Regio Manager: Gelderland
Benelux wiki - Waze Nederland Slack invite
Leorenaud
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Twister-UK » Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:48 pm

It's not entirely clear what's going on in the video, but it looks as if the feed is displaying the expected content until you turn on the "UR (with comments)" filter, at which point it then starts doing the repeated load/blank behaviour.

If this is the case, then it's probably working correctly. When URO+ applies filters to the feed, it then checks to see how many entries remain visible. If there's less than 5 visible entries, it then requests more entries from the server (by auto-clicking on the "Load More" button at the bottom of the feed list), filters those new entries and checks again to see how many are now visible. If there's still less than 5 visible, it repeats this a few more times before giving up.

If therefore your feed filter settings cause every entry to be hidden initially, and if these repeated "Load More" attempts then don't cause the server to return any additional entries that would be visible after filtering, you'll end up with an empty feed. This doesn't necessarily mean your feed contains no entries which haven't matched the filter settings, it only means there aren't any in the subset of entries that WME has currently received from the server.

This emphasised point is important in understanding how the client-side filtering performed by URO+ interacts with the native feed behaviour - in the absence of any scripts, the feed entries shown by WME have already been pre-filtered by the server based on whatever criteria it uses to decide which entries you should be shown, and there's nothing we can do on the client side to change that criteria.

If however I've misunderstood the problem, then please can you first of all try disabling *all* scripts and seeing what entries are present in your feed in native WME. If it doesn't contain anything that you'd expect to see if URO+ was enabled, please then try clicking the "Load More" button up to 4 times, each time seeing if any of the new feed entries that are added are ones you'd expect to see with URO+.

If this test shows that your feed contains no entries that ought to be visible when URO+ filtering is active, then the problem is as described above - the server simply isn't returning anything in the first few batches of feed entries which meet your personal filtering preferences and you'd therefore need to keep on manually loading in additional entries beyond the point at which URO+ would give up trying for itself.

OTOH, if this test shows your feed does contain entries that ought to still be visible after URO+ filtering, please then re-enable *only* URO+ and see whether or not those entries show up.
Chris (not to be confused with Chris or Chris...)
AM SE England & Shetland Islands, UK Local Champ, WME Beta Tester & ScriptMangler
WME/Livemap enhancement scripts @ GreasyFork and Chrome Web Store

ImageImageImage
Twister-UK
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts