Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by taco909
tonestertm wrote:
Taco909 wrote:... because there are a LOT of base-import gas stations remaining that are set to type "point" and only the small box... frequently half a block away from the actual station.
How can they be set to Point and show a small box? :)
Many editors don't ever bother with the Places layer, and, as you've noticed, a lot of those gas station imports never got set up properly. Don't forget to add the address.
Saved as a point, but when you change it to area, it's the original unedited box.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
SuperDave1426 wrote:
Taco909 wrote:Saved as a point, but when you change it to area, it's the original unedited box.
So, drag the geometry nodes on the area to make it the shape you want and then save. :-)

Remember, gas stations are supposed to be saved as areas, not points.

https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Places#When_ ... a_or_Point
Correct.
That's what I was referring to.
I'm constantly finding gas stations that were improperly saved on the import.
They appear as a point, but as an area they are a box.
Frequently, they are half a block away from the station... and sometimes the station has already been created by an editor.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
sketch wrote:
Taco909 wrote: Correct.
That's what I was referring to.
I'm constantly finding gas stations that were improperly saved on the import.
They appear as a point, but as an area they are a box.
Frequently, they are half a block away from the station... and sometimes the station has already been created by an editor.
That's just how they were imported. The data from the import was just GPS coordinates, and when it was imported all we had were areas (Landmarks). Any gas station you see like that is like that because it has been untouched by an editor (or, if it has been touched by an editor, it hasn't been done properly).
I know that.
I was simply answering Tony's question on how it could be a point and a small square at the same time.
It wasn't... it was the default import that had never been corrected.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
"Hide URs less than x days" is not working properly.
If I check the box starting at "1" and arrow up to increase, when I transition from "7" to "8" the map is cleared. I'm looking for some specific URs that are over 90 days old.

Likewise, "Hide URs more than x days" fully populates the map at 8 days.

This is on the Chrome version.
Firefox is better (but not usable for editing ATM).

Edit: Seems to vary by zoom level. Zooming in allows for using higher numbers.

Edit 2: Confirmed on Chrome as well... Once I get to zoom 4 I can go to 90 days and higher, but that is a very small area for what I am looking for.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
Ya...
On Zoom level 2, I can see nothing older than 19 days, On Zoom level 1, I can see nothing older than 9 days, Zoom 3 opens up to 30+
I had never noticed this progressive loading of older URs and I'm sure I've seen "red" tags at wider zoom levels before. Maybe this was a part of the latest WME changes?
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
Strange.

I'll check it out again and try to confirm.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
Very, very strange.

I disabled all scripts and started panning around on Zoom=0

Down in Orange County, I could view all URs including those over 30 days.
As I moved northwest into Los Angeles, I'd see some drop every now and then, until Whittier appeared at the corner of the screen. Around that area, moving closer to LA would cause ALL of them (even those displayed at the right of the map) to go blank.
Moving back into Orange County, they would come back slowly (not all at once)...
When I move to Los Angeles and move southeast, there is nothing on the map until I clear LA and then they start popping on.

Perhaps this is a limit of the Waze server to only display a maximum number of URs and to self-filter older reports when that number is exceeded? It certainly makes sense given the apparent progression.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
People still try to drive in NYC?
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
I thought there was an option for the pop-up to appear to the side/corner of the screen... no?
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
Idea for an option...

We have the ability to select and invert some of the selections, but to help track down and resolve actual map issues that are not repaired due to new editors closing URs, would it be possible to add the "Open" checkbox option under the "Closed/Solved/Unresolved" options?

Basically an inversion of closed, with the other filter options available (comments, age, etc....)
It would make it easier to find closed reports on a map as cluttered as Los Angeles.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich