Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by doctorkb
I believe JNF makes them visible at a wider zoom (not the widest, but only one step in)
doctorkb
Answers: 4
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Has anyone officially requested Places category filtering from URO+ yet? I think it's the best "fit" of the existing extensions to add this feature. I doubt Waze will get to it soon, but as Places will soon be even more common across the map, I think having filtering will be absolutely necessary. Some way to multi-select will be superb. Perhaps expanding lists with the ability to select sub-items as well as parent.
Quite a while ago, I had suggested the list type view for Toolbox (similar to the street list). It was being considered, but clearly Oyyo hasn't gotten to it.
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
pumrum wrote:
PesachZ wrote:Pressing enter also works to close the pop-up BTW
believe it or not, this is actually ergonomically worse (for my setup, anyway). when I'm closing out stale URs, my left hand is on the CTRL-V on the left side of the keyboard to paste in the final "closing // no response", and my right hand is on the mouse to select the text box, click send, select not identified, and then click off to the next UR. pressing enter would require moving one hand or the other away from its "home" position for this task. perhaps I can get a foot pedal that will press my enter key for me ;)

failing that, i will continue in my search of ways to nix that popup. with greasemonkey, there is always a way...
How close is your mouse to your keyboard? If they're on the same level, you may be able to reach the enter key on the numeric keypad with the right (mouse) hand thumb...
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
I'm going to let Twister take a look at this -- I can't think of anything that TB does to the URs, let alone something that would affect this.
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
This has been identified and Twister has responded in the Toolbox thread.

There are some clear problems with the new pop-up suppression code, but due to a family emergency, Twister won't be able to address them immediately.
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
Does TB's calling of uroWazeBits() make sense? Should we remove that from TB to avoid future issues?
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
This is what TB has to say about it, including comments:

Code: Select all

// URO+ gets layer indexes, and if for any reason we change this order, 
// it makes errors. So let's reload it.
if (typeof uroWazeBits !== "undefined"){
	console.log("WME Toolbox: URO+ detected. Reloading it to avoid layer issues.");
	uroWazeBits();
}
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
voludu2 wrote:Is it possible for the script writers to agree on some resources they use in common, and set some flag or property to indicate successful loading of these bits? Every script can then check whether these bits have been loaded already, and only load them if it is necessary.
Unfortunately, not really. Because just because it hasn't loaded YET doesn't mean it isn't already queued to load.

The only way to really resolve this is to merge the projects -- if Twister wants to do that, I'd be game.

JS actually really sucks for this whole system... And the fact that we are all hacking an undocumented API, it all becomes that much more challenging.

That said, my offer for Twister to have access to the TB code for both reading and contribution stands, regardless of merging the projects or not. :)
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by DownPeriscope
I've just found out by trial and error that URO+ seems to disagree quite heavily with today's new editor version.

My advice would be to turn it off for the time being and join me in silent meditation. It might help... Complaining and nagging, on the other hand, will likely only have an adverse effect. :-)

DownPeriscope
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message
Kind regards,

DownPeriscope

https://imgur.com/iEXamh4.png

SM Rhineland-Palatinate
AM Westl. Sauerland, Märkischer Kreis, Pfalz & Rheinhessen.

Edits mainly in the Netherlands and Germany.
Messages may contain humour, including but not limited to irony and sarcasm. Readers who take everything seriously are advised to cover their eyes. ;-)

Post by driving79
Same here, just vanished.
driving79
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Global Champ
Tier 1
Beta Leader
Southeast Wazeo - https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/USA/USA/Southeast