Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by taco909
+1... and the issue that triggered the initial complaint remains.
Preventing fast popup switching is the issue.
Example, two URs that are nearly on top of each other.
Scan to the one on the upper left, you can't get to "open in new window" without the one on the lower right "stealing" the popup.

What would fix this would be either a slight general delay in the popup appearing, or delay/inhibit the popup while another popup is open (not the actual UR comments screen).
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
Twister-UK wrote:Something isn't right with your setup here, because with the last adjustment I made to the popup positioning relative to its marker, on my test systems the only way for the mouse pointer to "fall out" of the capture region created by the marker and its popup is to take a circuitous route from one to the other - if you move in a straight line from marker to popup any adjacent marker shouldn't be able to capture the pointer and generate a fresh popup of its own.

Also, problem scenarios where same-type markers are this close to one another is exactly what marker unstacking was developed to resolve - if you're not using that then I'd be interested to know why.
I'm not seeing them unstack when the popup is open... but I'm not so much talking about URs that are on top of each other within the "unstack" area, but where one is very close to the original on the right. I'll double check and make sure my script updated, but I got the last two updates where the popup had the long "hang time" and then when it was rolled back.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
CBenson wrote:I'm having a problem that I'm not sure whether is user error or not. When I enable URO+ all my cameras disappear. I have nothing checked on the camera tab. I can't find a setting that displays the cameras for me. Am I missing some setting somewhere?
You have *nothing* checked on the cameras tab?
UROCams.jpg
(59.18 KiB) Downloaded 814 times
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
Ditto.
This has become so frustrating that I just turned popups off for Places.
I never used the links in the boxes, and Place Names shows what it is.
The main usefulness of the popup for me is identifying pvt/residential vs "normal"
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
crayzee wrote:
bz2012 wrote:Enhancement suggestion: a key that 'instantly hides' the pop-up box. (perhaps shift?)

Reason: when trying to click on a point place or end node that is within an area place, the pop-up often 'gets in the way'. This is especially problematic when attempting to drag an end node as the node gets 'dropped' as soon as it encounters the pop-up box.

A key that would suppress the pop-up would make these tasks much easier. Currently I sometimes must 'disable' display of places in order to work on something embedded within a place.

Thanks for a wonderful tool!!!!
+1
May I also suggest that the popup box will appear under the mouse pointer.
Having the popup appear under the mouse would solve a few problems. One would be the issue that we were attempting to correct with the "window close" time delay, but I think an opening delay would also be good....

But a very nice operation could be had if the popup opens under the mouse, then the popup automatically closes as soon as the mouse is moved off of it.
For Area places, at that point, locking out so it does not reopen until the map is panned or zoom changed.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
bz2012 wrote:Having it open under the mouse solves one problem, the one of getting the mouse pointer to the link in the popup.
Having it open under the mouse creates a problem as it gets in the way when we are trying to click on something (like a point place) covered by an area place.

Adding the feature of having shift close the popup, keeping it shut as long as shift is held would solve many problems, as far as I can tell.
Also expand the granularity to allow for an inhibit on popup on Area Places but allow Point Places.

It's always Area Places that "get in the way"
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
Simply add the following text (in brackets) to any UR. It can be in any of the comments to generate the special icon:

[ROADWORKS]
[CONSTRUCTION]
[CLOSURE]
[EVENT]
[NOTE]

Here's how they appear.
Ignore the grey "pill" showing the name, that is from Rzabel's URC
UROTypes.jpg
(40.13 KiB) Downloaded 864 times
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
mudge42 wrote:
voludu2 wrote:I have a persistent problem -- I will see a popup for a place that is not even visible in the window,
and it won't go away. Every time I try to do something, it is in the way.
I hate to say "ditto", but... same here. I've disabled Place popups for now.
Yup.
It was annoying before, but shutting off the Places layer would clear it.
NOW, it seems that the backfill logic has spilled into Places.
Even if I have the Places layer shut off, the popup appears over any area place in a part of the map where I had the Places layer open during that session.

Constantly in the way.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
Yellow arrows, closures, places, segment restrictions...

It seems the change in positioning was the result of a search for a solution to the issue of not being able to get the cursor into the popup box to select "Open in new tab".

The original problem wasn't so much one of the proximity of the box, but rather if there were two closely spaced URs, but not close enough to unstack, and one of the URs happened to be between the selected UR and the window, URO+ would quickly close the first window and open one for the 2nd UR as the cursor panned across it.

This problem was never really solved.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
voludu2 wrote:Sounds like a tricky problem.
It always surprises me how many features URO+ has.
It really is the best thing for filtering URs.

The place, segment, and turn pop-ups are just a bonus.
Yup.
It's one of our most valuable tools.
Combined with URC, it really improves "productivity" in densely populated areas such as Los Angeles.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich