Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by taco909
Twister-UK wrote:There's already an option to filter by keyword in the UR description or comments, which would at least let you find those URs quickly even without them having a custom marker. Would that suffice, or do you still think it'd be better to have a custom marker option as well?
I like the idea of a custom marker.

I work a LOT of URs where people are reporting that the little speed "flags" indicating traffic speed are incorrect.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
ottonomy wrote:I think the point of incorporating something like this into URO+ Would be to get it into a script that EVERYone is using, so that it actively calls attention to problem clusters. A smoke detector doesn't work if you don't have it installed.
Or if you remove the battery (shut off the script) because of false alarms.

Agreed on it being incorporated into TB or URO+... or even WME itself.
I have (or had) URMPT installed, and it was useful, but it would "bounce" around too much for my taste (like WME did until they revised the pan/zoom on open routine).
I like to work within a specific area and cross the map in a grid.
URMPT would end up sending me halfway across the county after working only a couple of URs.

For the most part URO+ and URC have covered most everything that I found useful on URMPT, particularly considering that in our area we claim no "ownership" of URs and thus have no need to track "our" reports.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
HandOfMadness wrote:
PesachZ wrote:Not sure if I missed a report on this, but the disable auto centering for URs (map move when select) is also not working in beta.
Or production when at high zoom.
Ditto. Zoom 3 or closer and it's fine, but when previewing to find "easy" reports it bounces around and really slows things down with the map reload times.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
Fredo-p wrote:I'm not sure if this was fixed or not (haven't tested) but auto-centering works for me. When I click on a UR/MP/PUR, WME now centers over that report. If I click to zoom in, it zooms in over the report.
URO+ is working properly.
The problem is WME.

If we just click a UR, WME still pans the map to center the UR.
URO+ was quickly patched (as well as TB) to provide a disable for this, and within a couple of days, WME was modified and it stopped working. I can't even find the option in URO+ or Toolbox now.

WME no longer auto-zooms... this was disabled by staff at the request of the editors, but when they removed the zoom, it "broke" the scripts' disable.
WME simply pans to center the UR (if at zoom 0-1-2). At 3 and higher, WME acts like it used to.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
Fredo-p wrote:
taco909 wrote:WME no longer auto-zooms... this was disabled by staff at the request of the editors, but when they removed the zoom, it "broke" the scripts' disable.
I just tried. Clicking on a UR centered the UR itself on the screen. When clicking the button at the top right when you click a UR, it auto-zooms right over the UR. The way it was suppose to.
Correct.

It is the auto-centering that we would like to have disabled.
Many of us will open the map to a specific area and preview URs by opening them from zoom-0 before opening in a new window to look more closely.

The problem with the auto-center is this "specific area" keeps moving, and in my case, if I'm working just east of downtown LA, I'm going to keep the huge cluster of URs off-screen unless I'm at zoom 4 or tighter due to the loading times (and timeouts).
With auto-center, I can't open a UR anywhere west of the 605 at Zoom-0 without getting the LA cluster pulled into the screen.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
Twister-UK wrote:* Zoom all the way *out* (i.e. the zoom slider is at the bottom of the scale)
* Pan the map so that you've got a UR marker located near the edge of the window.
* Click the marker.

Does WME recentre the map? Does WME alter the zoom level?
Yes to recentre - No to zoom change
* Click the crosshairs in the corner of the UR details panel.

Yes - Yes
* Close the UR details panel
* Zoom all the way *in* (i.e. the zoom slider is at the top of the scale)
* Pan the map so that you've got a UR marker located near the edge of the window.
* Click the marker.

No - No
Previously determined that the WME auto-center is disabled when zoomed at 3 or higher.
* Click the crosshairs in the corner of the UR details panel.

Yes to recentre, yes to zoom (zooms out to Zoom-5)

This is with Chrome.
I won't be able to check Firefox until I get home.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
aBshield wrote:Apologies for the dumb question.
The only dumb question is the one that hasn't been asked... or has already been answered ;)
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
Twister-UK wrote:Clicking the clone icon then opens up the native "Add a closure" UI with all of the details copied over from the existing closure whos closure icon you just clicked. All you have to do now is make whatever changes are required for this new closure - typically just changing the start/finish dates - and click Save. Job done :D
I owe you a Guinness!
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
Any chance on getting back "Disable map move when selecting:" and working?
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
Twister-UK wrote:3.69 marks the return of auto-centre disabling for MP and PUR markers. As with the revised implementation for UR markers introduced a few versions ago,
This is extremely inconsistent, failing more often than not... at least for URs.

I'm going to have to go find some PURs that IGN hasn't auto-approved to see if it works there.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich