Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by taco909
Twister-UK wrote:URs or PURs?

Due to the way UR markers are handled, if you click on one that's been displayed whilst WME is still messing around loading the page, URO+ might not have had a chance to perform its autocentre disabling magic and so WME will behave as "normal". Then again, doing anything in WME when it's still in that intermediate state stands a good chance of not working as expected, so it's always best to wait until you're certain WME isn't still trying to finalise the page load.
I'm getting it somewhat randomly. Not always the first UR selected after loading a page, frequently when selecting a 2nd one after commenting on the previous without hitting "done"

At one point, it seemed that it might have been related to the report's proximity to the edge of the screen, but like I said, I need to take time to run it with everything else disabled to confirm the source.

I was seeing the same behaviour this morning with Chrome, so it's not just a Firefox issue. Seemed a BIT more stable (but I've got a gigabit connection here so loading is faster), and it was not recentering on the first selection, but it did recenter on subsequent selections.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
Twister-UK wrote:If you've got UR popups enabled, do the URs recentre only if you've clicked before the popup appears, or does it also happen after? After having thought through the codeflow process whilst writing the previous reply, I can now reliably defeat the auto-centre disabling feature simply by clicking *as soon* as my mouse pointer passes over the marker, but haven't seen it happen at all if I click at my slightly more leisurely normal pace.
I do have popups enabled... I'll check when I get home to see if the pop-up is "ready" and see if it does the same.

I do have backfill on, but I do frequently get URC timeouts even when only a few URs are on the screen at zoom-5 or tighter.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
kkesley wrote:How to disable the auto center? There UROplus option? hugs
It works, inconsistently.

The problem is that the routine is one of the last to load, and the way WME has been running lately (how many times do you get timeouts on URO+?) if we click the UR too soon it will recenter.

The code is working, it's just not always getting a chance to load before we launch.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
I know we don't want to get 100 custom icons, but one that I think might be helpful would be one for [BOG] for "Boots on the Ground" where an editor desires a visual verification of something reported, but perhaps it is not convenient for them to check.

The tag could serve to other local editors that an issue is being worked, but verification is needed, and if they happen to be in the area perhaps they could offer input to verify what conditions really exist.

We get this a LOT in Los Angeles with the numerous construction projects and new housing developments.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
turbomkt wrote:
KuniaKid wrote:Popup info windows are generated directly under cursor not allowing selection of item.
This. It would be nice for pop ups to be offset in some way. Not sure if a corner (Places?) or slightly offset from cursor location so things aren't obscured. Otherwise, I leave pop ups off for segments at the least.
Ditto.

I would be okay with the popup near the cursor, but offset by far enough that it would not get in the way of a click.
Place points are the worst when mousing in from the left.
I'd be happy with an offset of "an inch" above the cursor.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
qwaletee wrote:
ShadowMasterCM wrote:I really dont want to read 127 pages of comments ... so I will be that guy and ask here

Is there an instruction page some where that I can point new editors to so they dont have to learn this using trial and error methods?
Oh, you're offering to write it?
And rewrite it every 3 months :lol:
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
I think I pinned down more what is happening.

Though it may seem to be popping up too closely, it may be an issue of it covering an adjacent segment, and if it is short, the popup covers it and does not clear until I mouse away. I can easily duplicate that here at work on Chrome.

Just thinking that maybe an offset at a 45 degree angle up and right, rather than in the same horizontal or vertical plane. Of course, some segments run lower left to upper right, but a lot more run left to right ;)
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
Has any additional thought been given to adding custom tags for:
[DIFFICULT] = Perhaps an icon for the international "No Left Turn" to support the new "Reduce difficult turns" that has been rolled out in Los Angeles (but editors still have no direct ability to set the flag)
[BOG] = Boots on the Ground, perhaps an icon of a pair of binoculars or an eyeball indicating need for visual verification of a condition.

Both of these would be very useful.

On the [DIFFICULT] tag it would be helpful for the logic to suppress any other tags contained in the thread. We are currently tagging them [NOTE], as well as adding a [DIFFICULT] tag for reference, but if we get a custom icon, it would be nice for the Note tag to be ignored.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
subs5 wrote:Is BOG commonplace? I am more used to BOTG? or should both do the same tag?

Thanks for the other fixes.
No reason both couldn't use the same tag.

I just brought up BOG because it's what we've been using locally since the 2014 mapraid.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
Machete808 wrote:I'm sorry, I'm missing something undoubtedly obvious about this. I hover over the RPP, see the pop-up, click the "clone" link, click the spot on the map and.... nothing. Have tried selecting the RPP after hitting the "clone" link, THEN clicking the map. If I select the RPP first, I don't get the popup.

Any idea what I've got wrong?
Same here. Click Clone and nothing happens when I click the map.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich