Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by bz2012
Enhancement suggestion: a key that 'instantly hides' the pop-up box. (perhaps shift?)

Reason: when trying to click on a point place or end node that is within an area place, the pop-up often 'gets in the way'. This is especially problematic when attempting to drag an end node as the node gets 'dropped' as soon as it encounters the pop-up box.

A key that would suppress the pop-up would make these tasks much easier. Currently I sometimes must 'disable' display of places in order to work on something embedded within a place.

Thanks for a wonderful tool!!!!
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
Having it open under the mouse solves one problem, the one of getting the mouse pointer to the link in the popup.
Having it open under the mouse creates a problem as it gets in the way when we are trying to click on something (like a point place) covered by an area place.

Adding the feature of having shift close the popup, keeping it shut as long as shift is held would solve many problems, as far as I can tell.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
problems noticed with the new version:
(some of which may be due to whatever Waze is currently doing with the databases/servers as there have been no routing server updates for several days and as WME has been glacially slow almost all the time for a couple of days, so I suspect they are doing something!)

In order to set the time delay (and have it passed along to a spawned tab) I had to set and "back up" the settings. Before I did that, the open in new tab window took the old 'default' time setting, not the newer setting.

To start the timeout clock 'ticking' for the pop up, the mouse must be completely stationary.
It is NOT sufficient that it be held in the same area, I must take my hand off the mouse and be careful not to disturb it.
Sometimes this seems to be insufficient. I have had to reload the window to get ANYTHING to pop up, sometimes.

I am not sure WHAT 'centers' places on the screen when they are selected but I want to disable that centering as I scan my edit area for places in a grid and it loses my place when the an item centers itself on the screen. I am able to disable the centering of URs and MRs but not places. It may be some other extension that is doing this.

Hope this helps.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
I thought that No on these:

If last comment made by me?
If last comment made by UR reporter?
used to override this one
Last comment less than x days ago
and others. Apparently the No's no longer override suppression due to other conditions.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
If the 'no' doesn't override other choices, why have it?

Doesn't leaving the 'yes' unchecked serve the same purpose?
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
Thank you for explaining and for a very useful extension. It helps make WME 'tolerable'. :)
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
voludu2 wrote:Thanks for all these updates. I have a question about the area place popups.
I have a persistent problem -- I will see a popup for a place that is not even visible in the window,
and it won't go away. ....
Thanks.
I intermittently experience the same problem.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
In this area https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... 386&zoom=5
I keep seeing this:
bad pop up.png
(44.18 KiB) Downloaded 982 times
The same pop up, no matter where I place my cursor in attempting to select individual places.

In fact, the box pops up whenever I stop moving my cursor for the timeout setting, where ever the cursor is currently located.

When I reloaded the window, it worked normally.

The rural life museum 'place' is the area in the upper right corner of the image.
In similar cases, the 'persistent place' is often not showing up on screen at all.

EDIT:
In the same area now, the 'persistent place' is saying 'unnamed landmark sea/lake/pool' :(
That is after I fixed one place and went away for a few minutes, with wme just sitting there.
However, now IF my cursor is over a place, THAT place pops up in the window, it is only if my cursor is sitting away from any place that the 'unnamed landmark' pops up.

This may or may not be related to a 'memory leak' that seems to be occurring. I will occasionally notice that CHROME has one or more processes that are persistently demanding > 20% CPU time.
When this happens, WME is glacially slow. Killing the WME tab(s) and reopening them 'fixes' the high cpu usage.

Interesting.... I was moving the cursor around at random and letting it sit until the 'unnamed landmark' box popped up, found that it would do it even if the cursor was off of the map! Even did it when the cursor was on the folder tabs!

Suddenly, without any reason I can pin down, it STOPPED the strange pop ups and went back to 'normal'. No idea how long it will behave 'nicely'. I said normal, however, the pop up does not close on its own as long as the cursor is over the box. I though it was supposed to close after the timeout setting.

Chrome on Win7 with all updates for both.
pop up blocking save.png
pop up obscuring the save button. After this snapshot was taken, the pop-up disappeared.
(55.19 KiB) Downloaded 978 times
The pop up had nothing to do with the PUR I was saving.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message
Last edited by bz2012 on Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:00 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Post by bz2012
Twister-UK wrote:....
[*]The auto-centering when a UR is clicked on can now also be disabled[/list]

You can only begin to imagine how wide the smile on my face was when I got that second feature working :D
can you ALSO stop the auto centering for PURs PLEASE! (thanks for all you do!) :!:
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
whatnt wrote:
Twister-UK wrote:In the first screengrab you've got URO set to hide URs with no description, and the UR details dialog that's open shows this UR has a description - "wrong destination". Second screengrab shows the reverse scenario. So this behaviour is exactly as described above.
I'm not sure that I understand what you said. Do you mean that "Hide" but actually shows is the intended behavior?

BTW, it did not used to work this way.
I think you may be missing the "no" in the hide/show URs with no description.
So hide with no description should show only URs with descriptions, like the one in your screen shot. (the description is "Wrong destination")
and show with no description should show only URs that do not have descriptions, like the one in your second screen shot.
:)
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message