Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by taco909
Very, very strange.

I disabled all scripts and started panning around on Zoom=0

Down in Orange County, I could view all URs including those over 30 days.
As I moved northwest into Los Angeles, I'd see some drop every now and then, until Whittier appeared at the corner of the screen. Around that area, moving closer to LA would cause ALL of them (even those displayed at the right of the map) to go blank.
Moving back into Orange County, they would come back slowly (not all at once)...
When I move to Los Angeles and move southeast, there is nothing on the map until I clear LA and then they start popping on.

Perhaps this is a limit of the Waze server to only display a maximum number of URs and to self-filter older reports when that number is exceeded? It certainly makes sense given the apparent progression.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
People still try to drive in NYC?
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
I thought there was an option for the pop-up to appear to the side/corner of the screen... no?
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
Idea for an option...

We have the ability to select and invert some of the selections, but to help track down and resolve actual map issues that are not repaired due to new editors closing URs, would it be possible to add the "Open" checkbox option under the "Closed/Solved/Unresolved" options?

Basically an inversion of closed, with the other filter options available (comments, age, etc....)
It would make it easier to find closed reports on a map as cluttered as Los Angeles.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
elljay23 wrote:Sometimes, say one in five, I'm seeing the pop up appear in the bottom right of the screen rather than next to the pin. The bottom right of the pop up is about 10mm from the right edge and the bottom is about 10mm in too.
Ditto, except it was happening more frequently to me... nearly every time.
Box is too far to reach the "Open in new WME Window" tag
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
bz2012 wrote:
Olestas wrote:Wait.. drives history is now active only for 7 days??? My drives history is clickable only up to October, 8th.
I see other drive pages at the bottom of the list, when I scroll the list so I see the oldest drives on the list.
My drives are clickable back to September 29, but the listing is 71 pages long going back to May.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
tonestertm wrote:What he said ^^^ I was a little surprised when the feature was announced that I had to go in and enable them. I think we might get more widespread use of the technique if more editors were aware of this capability.
Call me a dummy, but how are some of these, such as [NOTE] left on the map? I don't see a way to do it in the app, WME, or livemap.

Can these, such as note, be configured (and I know this is a WME issue, not URO) so they can not be closed by a lower ranking editor? I don't think I've ever seen a UR tagged as a note.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
PesachZ wrote:Just make any UR, through livemap or the client, and start the description with the tag for example [NOTE].

EDIT like this one. Unfortunately you need edit privileges in an area to see the URs, so you may not be able to see this.
Ya, can't see it.

Interesting... what is the closure policy on [NOTE]?
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
PesachZ wrote:
Taco909 wrote:Interesting... what is the closure policy on [NOTE]?
Any special URs should be closed only after the conditions they describe expired, sometimes indefinitely. A [CLOSURE] or [EVENT] UR for example can safely be closed say a week after the closure expires, if there is no continuing conversation.
I should have been more specific.

I meant from the Waze side of things... is there anything to prevent an L1 on a "7 day rule" closing spree from closing them?
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
iainhouse wrote:When we finally got conversations on URs, I remember there were a lot of reports of them being closed by new editors who shouldn't have done so. I was ust thinking last night that the incidence of this is way down on what it used to be. Maybe they're learning? :roll:
Not in this area.
Red roads, closed URs, no response to PMs, etc...
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich