Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by taco909
Would there be a way to filter speed limit reports by the reported speed?
Example: In Los Angeles and the surrounding areas, the freeway speed limits are 55 and 65mph.
Outside of the metro areas, they increase to 70.

We have a TON of 70mph reports on freeway segments that are already set. It would be nice to be able to filter out, leaving only these reports that we know are invalid, so they may be quickly closed.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
turbomkt wrote:Hide URs not including 70?
Selectable on whatever specific speed we want to display.

Say we're looking for 70 anywhere in the valleys, or 45 in residential areas.
LOL... had a pair of 45s in what looked residential, but the segments were FC'd as Minor Highway.
Took a look on SV and I honestly don't see how that FC is correct. It's an unsigned 25, and you would not be able to pass a pair of Dually pickups with the cars parked on both sides.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
This is Waze... you are assuming that some kind of thought and consideration to the editors is going on.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
GeekDriverPeaceful wrote:Gosh! I wish the script writers could talk directly with the dev team! That would be amazing...collaboration = flawless WME.
Those on the beta teams can and do.

The problem is the lack of collaboration even though the communication is there.

There still seems to be a basic mindset among the devs that scripts are not needed, and are instead ways to "cheat" and "farm points", that we should be happy with what we have as it is sufficient for editing the map (maybe in a small city with 5,000 users and 20 editors).

The devs simply do not understand the challenges facing editors in London, New York, Los Angeles, etc....
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
turbomkt wrote:Give them a link to LA with backfill...
Do you want another mapraid? :lol: :shock:
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
G_W1Z wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 12:46 pm After today's WME production release I am not seeing segment details when hovering my mouse cursor over a segment.

I'm dead in the water.  URO appears to be non-functional.  I'm not getting any filtering of PUR, and I can't select any tab other than the default "UR" filter tab.

taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
Twister-UK wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 11:18 am Please have patience, this latest WME update (for various reasons) has been a particularly tricky one to deal with by the scripting community, and we are all doing our best to provide updates ASAP.  

For URO+ specifically, the bad news is that I haven't even started looking into fixing it, because what limited time I've been able to spend looking at script fixes so far this week has been focussed on the other scripts I maintain, so until I get around to looking at what the problems are here I can't even begin to give any sort of indication as to when a fix might become available.

Totally understand and appreciate all of your hard work.  WME updates can be frustrating for everyone, I certainly would not be able to keep up with the changes.
You have the patience of a saint

taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
Sounds good. Looking forward to a release.
The main functions that I rely on are PUR filtering, and the mouse-over pop-up and "open in new tab" link.
Thankfully, we had Los Angeles pretty clear of PURs other than EVCS at the time of the WME update.

Thank you for all of your work

taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
Once again, the WME update has broken URO+
I disabled all other scripts and reloaded, and when I navigate to the URO+ tab, I can check/uncheck the "Enabled" box, but regardless of the state, refreshing the screen restores "Enabled", and I am unable to select any of the URO sub-tabs to change to Places/MP's etc....

taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
I am having issues with PUR filtering.
I am attempting to filter the EVCS "clutter" on the map to work on the user submissions, but it seems that none of the PUR filtering options are functioning.
This is not limited to just the EVCS locations, if I filter "ones for new photos" and "ones with non-zero lock" and reload the browser, I am still seeing image update requests on L3 venues.

Is anyone else seeing similar?

taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich