[Script] UROverview Plus v3.134 (20180426)

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.99 (20170309)

Postby Twister-UK » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:53 pm

JustinS83 wrote:I have about 50 other scripts active right now

Ouch :shock: I'm amazed your browser hasn't gone into meltdown running so many addons...
Chris (not to be confused with Chris or Chris...)
L5 AM SE England & Shetland Islands / WME Beta Tester / Script Writer
WME/Livemap enhancement scripts @ GreasyFork and Chrome Web Store

ImageImageImage
Twister-UK
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby Twister-UK » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:48 pm

JustinS83 wrote:n = 4
name = "Roads"
uniqueName = "roads"
features object doesn't exist on this layer

Hmm... would it be safe to assume you're running at least one other script here? These results suggest that, inbetween URO detecting the map comments layer, and your manually requesting the names associated with that layer, another layer has been inserted near the top of the stack, pushing most of them down one position.

Assuming you are running other scripts, please try this test again after disabling them all except URO+, and then also continue on to use WME as normal for a bit and see if the console is still logging the same errors as before.

If you could also then try re-enabling the other scripts one at a time until you find out which one is triggering this problem, it'd be appreciated. If you don't have time to do that, if you could at least give me a list of the scripts you're using it'd be helpful.

Cheers,
Chris

ImageImageImage
Twister-UK
Beta tester
Beta tester

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.98 (20170309)

Postby Twister-UK » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:33 pm

sketch wrote:Here is the log... I reproduced it a couple times, look around 09:41:00 for one of them.

https://paste.ee/p/KlqkT

A lot of it looks like what Justin just posted, and yes, "flooded" is almost an understatement.

Well, that's also odd - in this case URO+ is tripping up whilst trying to determine if a camera icon is highlighted, but the entry in the camera layer _featureMap[] array doesn't have the renderIntent attribute that lists its highlight state...

I only started using _featureMap[] in 3.98 after discovering that features[] (which I'd been using prior to then) included not only the camera icons but also the alignment markers and positioning circles whenever a camera was selected. From the testing I did on _featureMap it appeared that it would only contain the actual camera markers, and they *should* all have a renderIntent attribute. So either it's possible for a camera marker to exist without this attribute, or (perhaps more likely) _featureMap[] may also contain things other than camera markers in certain situations.

Please can you go into the Misc tab within the URO+ UI and disable the cameras popup, then try to provoke the sticky popup problem again. This will stop the barrage of errors relating to the camera markers, and should then allow (assuming nothing else goes wrong) the function that deals with popup generation to complete successfully - I suspect that, having this function bomb out midway through, may be the reason why existing popups are remaining onscreen longer than they ought to...

As with Justin's error, I can add some defensive code to avoid these errors from occurring, but as with his error I'd love to know why you're seeing this one in the first place. Unfortunately, unlike his error, this one probably wouldn't be as easy to diagnose manually, so when I add the defensive code I'll also include some further diagnostics output to give me some clues as to why the code is being called into action. Expect another release at some point sooner rather than later.

ImageImageImage
Twister-UK
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby Twister-UK » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:13 pm

JustinS83 wrote:My console is getting flooded with this upon every mouse move.

Screenshot - 3_10_2017 , 9_03_15 AM.png

The offending line:
Screenshot - 3_10_2017 , 9_04_09 AM.png

Well, that's rather weird. Bombing out when trying to access the length attribute suggests the "features" parameter being accessed here isn't an array, which makes me wonder WTF it is... Your assistance with a spot of diagnostics is therefore requested.

Please can you open up the debug console, reload the WME session, then look for a line in the debug output somewhere near the start that says "URO+: MC layer at idx n".

If "n" is listed as anything other than a numerical value, let me know what it is and then stop here.

If "n" is listed as a number, make a note of it and then enter the following commands (one at a time, hitting return after each one) into the console command line, replacing "n" with the actual value given by URO+, and noting the response received to each command:

W.map.layers[n].name

W.map.layers[n].uniqueName

W.map.layers[n].features

Thanks,
Chris

ImageImageImage
Twister-UK
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby Twister-UK » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:14 am

SuperDave1426 wrote:I see mention of Map Comments popups here, but haven't had a chance to check - have you been able to do the custom marker based on things like [NOTE], etc.?

No, that's still a longer-term fix which is now somewhat tied into some behind the scenes changes I've started to roll out...

ImageImageImage
Twister-UK
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby Twister-UK » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:11 am

KuniaKid wrote:
sketch wrote:Hello, the Place pop-ups seem to overstay their welcome, at least in WME beta.

Found this to be true in Prod as well.

Hmm, can't replicate this here at the moment. Please can both of you (and anyone else seeing this same problem) disable all other scripts and see if the problem still occurs. If so, then with all other scripts still disabled, go to the URO+ tab and click on the version number to enable debug output - you should see (dbg) appear next to the version number. Now open up the browser debug console and start trying to provoke WME into generating this sticky popup problem again, then grab a copy of the console output and send it to me...

...and also let me know which browser you're using and on which WME server you're working.

ImageImageImage
Twister-UK
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby Twister-UK » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:05 am

3.99 enables the new map comments functionality to work when WME is running in a language other than English...

Firefox+Greasemonkey version: https://greasyfork.org/scripts/1952-uroverview-plus-uro
Chrome Web Store version: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... mjcdghdphi

ImageImageImage
Twister-UK
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby Twister-UK » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:47 pm

Ah, I see what the problem is, working on the fix right now...

ImageImageImage
Twister-UK
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby Twister-UK » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:57 pm

laurenthembprd wrote:Hello Twister,

In the console:

Do you have map comments turned off?

ImageImageImage
Twister-UK
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby Twister-UK » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:56 am

3.98 brings the following changes to the table...

• Segment popups behave correctly when segments are missing certain address details
  • Opening a non-UR panel doesn't cause various subtle breakages elsewhere in the code
  • Opening the map comments drop-down triggers the popup auto-hide
  • Speed limit validation is inhibited on private and parking segments
  • MP type filter list now generated automatically based on the types currently defined in WME
  • Popups now enabled for map comments

plus the usual slew of beta-specific tweaks, hacks and sleights-of-hand to persuade things to keep working as designed...

Firefox+Greasemonkey version: https://greasyfork.org/scripts/1952-uroverview-plus-uro
Chrome Web Store version: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... mjcdghdphi

ImageImageImage
Twister-UK
Beta tester
Beta tester

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts