[Script] UROverview Plus v3.127 (20180128)

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.97 (20170106)

Postby Twister-UK » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:43 pm

If you don't mind a bit of additional clicking around in the URO UI, then you can always use combinations of filter settings to make finding tagged URs easier even without the visual assistance of the custom markers... e.g. for your example of wanting to replace all [NOTE]s with map comments, you could temporarily filter out all URs except [NOTE]s.
Chris (not to be confused with Chris or Chris...)
L4 AM SE England & Shetland Islands / WME Beta Tester / Script Writer
WME/Livemap enhancement scripts @ GreasyFork and Chrome Web Store

ImageImageImage
Twister-UK
Beta tester
Beta tester

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.96 (20161120)

Postby Twister-UK » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:18 am

SuperDave1426 wrote:BTW, I've noticed that existing URs with [...] tags are not getting custom markers currently. I looked back a couple of pages but didn't see anything mentioning this. Is this something that you're aware of (and hopefully working on :D)?

It was broken by the big WME beta update back in October, and I disabled the custom marker code in the 3.95 release shortly after that update was rolled out to WME Production...

Given the push to replace custom-tagged URs with map comments (tagged or otherwise), I'm now even less inclined to restore the custom UR marker functionality than I was back when there was still a good reason for doing so. I do plan on experimenting with ways to customise map comment display based on any tags they contain, though given the rather different nature of native map comment rendering compared with URs I'm not yet sure what form this might take.

I'll definitely be looking into adding an equivalent set of map comment filters though, which will help in locating tagged comments inamongst the increasing number of otherwise identical looking dots and polygons.

I also still want to try restoring the custom markers for map problems, as I know there are some areas (including my home city, so something of a personal crusade to get this particular functionality fixed again) where the local transport authorities use tagged MPs to indicate roadworks etc. It's possible that the work I do on getting this up and running again may be of some use in re-enabling custom UR markers as well, but for now it's safest to assume this won't happen.

ImageImageImage
Twister-UK
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby Twister-UK » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:03 am

kodi75 wrote:If a Waze Place does not have an address entered on the General Tab, where is URO+ obtaining the address in the Place Popup?

Interestingly, loading your PL seems to have partially killed my copy of URO in Firefox, although in Chrome it appears to still be working just fine - I suspect something about this area of the map and/or the fact that it's well outside of my editable area may be the cause, so thanks for providing an inadvertent clue as to a potentially undiscovered bug ;)

As to your question, the answer is simply that the partial address shown in the popup is what's stored in the venue object, even if WME isn't exposing it via the place view/edit UI. In the case of Pizza City, this appears to be because its streetID attribute is 1443070, which doesn't exist in W.model.streets (at least not in this part of the map), and so WME seems to be assuming that the entire address for this place is invalid... Quite how the object has got into this state is another question for someone better versed in the intricacies of WME and its associated backend server to answer.

ImageImageImage
Twister-UK
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby Twister-UK » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:32 am

My WME coding abilities have finally crawled out from their extended period of hibernation to bring you a late Christmas present in the form of 3.97...

• RPP cloning works again
  • Segment restriction popup works again
  • TBR popup works again
  • Segment popup now includes county/city details
  • Place popup now includes address details
  • Closure cloning sets the end date again
  • No longer throws a bunch of console errors when a map comment is selected...

Firefox+Greasemonkey version: https://greasyfork.org/scripts/1952-uroverview-plus-uro
Chrome Web Store version: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... mjcdghdphi

ImageImageImage
Twister-UK
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby Twister-UK » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:25 pm

turbomkt wrote:
russblau wrote:RPP cloning is broken again by the latest WME changes. Now, if you clone a RPP, instead of creating a new Place it creates an empty Map Comment (point). Oddly, if you then Undo the edit that created the MC, and manually create a new Place point, it will be created as Residential and have the details of the cloned RPP inserted into it.

Same experience for me. I just hadn't gotten to posting about it :)

This was reported by nzahn1 last year (hey, it's only January 4th, it wasn't *that* long ago ;) ), when it appeared in the beta, and a fix is already in place. Somewhat frustratingly I didn't have as much coding time over the Christmas break as I was hoping for, so the next release is still some way away, but rest assured that it's in progress...

The reason RPP cloning still takes place if you manually create a place, is because the cloning process essentially runs through the same set of steps that a user would do to create a new RPP with the same properties as an existing one - it makes a note of the properties from the existing RPP, then tries to create a new point place, waits for the user to set it down on the map, converts it to a RPP and then copies the previously noted properties across.

What the recent beta/prod UI changes broke was the step where URO+ automatically creates the new point place for the user to set down. Because of the way the cloning process operates behind the scenes, the failure to automatically create this new place doesn't prevent the rest of the process from continuing to operate if one is created manually instead - the script doesn't know it was created by the user rather than by itself, so it just assumes that as it's the first one to have been created since the cloning process was initiated, it must be the one that it'd expected to create itself...

ImageImageImage
Twister-UK
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby Twister-UK » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:57 pm

Yes, it's definitely on my to-do list, and provided we continue using the same [...] tags in the map comment text somewhere then I'm hoping it'll be a moderately easy thing to achieve.

ImageImageImage
Twister-UK
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby Twister-UK » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:07 am

gertbroos wrote:Anyone who knows why this is?

Ooh, ooh, pick me pick me, I know!

As part of the transition from how the script used to work in the days of old-style WME to how it now needs to work in the brave new world of WME, the way it detects marker mouseovers underwent a fairly radical reworking to allow it to work at all.

What I haven't yet figured out is why it doesn't always work, I'm hoping that over the extended Christmas/New Year break I'll be able to spend some time getting back into proper script development as opposed to the maintenance level development I've only been able to do over the last few months.

ImageImageImage
Twister-UK
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby Twister-UK » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:08 am

3.96 modifies dummyd2's require() patch to prevent it being applied if URO+ is running on a version of WME that provides a native require() function again. At present this only applies to WME Beta, however the patch mod should also allow seamless continuity of operation once this most welcome native code change makes its way into production as well.

No other changes have been made, so the earlier comments regarding functionality known/unknown to still be broken following the other changes made in WME remain valid...

Firefox+Greasemonkey version: https://greasyfork.org/scripts/1952-uroverview-plus-uro
Chrome Web Store version: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... mjcdghdphi

ImageImageImage
Twister-UK
Beta tester
Beta tester

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.95 (20161116)

Postby Twister-UK » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:55 am

skippy10 wrote:Since new version it is impossible to select any POI.

Unable to reproduce this problem here, are you seeing this problem if all other scripts are disabled?

ImageImageImage
Twister-UK
Beta tester
Beta tester

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.95 (20161116)

Postby Twister-UK » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:49 pm

3.95 integrates dummyd2's require() patch, and also partially fixes the problems caused by the new UR/MP/PUR asset image - the native marker images are no longer hidden/corrupted, and marker popups/unstacking now work again.

NOTE: custom marker support is currently disabled - had I not bothered to optimise this code a while ago it'd probably still work just fine (albeit slowly and more resource hoggingly than the Windows version of iTunes), but the optimised version is entirely dependent on the asset image layout and it's a fair bit of work to change it around to match up with the current layout.

NOTE 2: barring custom markers, everything else I've checked out so far appears to be working as expected, however it's entirely likely that something else has been broken by the latest WME changes and it just hasn't been noticed yet. So please report any unusual/unexpected behaviour here.

ImageImageImage
Twister-UK
Beta tester
Beta tester

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts