[Script] UROverview Plus v3.126 (20180105)

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.79 (20160612)

Postby Twister-UK » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:34 pm

That's the answer I was after. Thanks, I'll try fixing this tonight.

Developers anecdote #47: the reason I can't replicate this bug here is due to an unexpected bit of WME behaviour (which I've now posted about in the beta forum). Although I have a combination of driven and AM areas on both the World and US/Canada servers, I *shouldn't* have either on the Israeli server. However, when I switch WME over to that server and check the Areas tab, it lists two driven areas, both of which are actually located in the UK... So despite having switched back and forth between the three servers countless times since the URO+ update that introduced this bug, these "ghost" areas on the Israeli server have prevented the bug from ever being triggered for me.
Chris (not to be confused with Chris or Chris...)
L4 AM SE England & Shetland Islands / WME Beta Tester / Script Writer
WME/Livemap enhancement scripts @ GreasyFork and Chrome Web Store

ImageImageImage
Twister-UK
Beta tester
Beta tester

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.77 (20160525)

Postby Twister-UK » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:58 pm

CBenson wrote:Sorry for the delay I was unable to reproduce the issue until today. Today it is back (only when I use the INTL server).

Ah... I think I know what the problem is now, and I think it's your visiting one of the "foreign" servers rather than using a malformed PL that's causing the issue. The debug console screengrab you provided was a big clue BTW, I really should start ignoring any bug reports that don't come with them :lol:

To confirm my suspicions, please can you disable all scripts and go onto the INTL server again, then click on the Areas tab and tell me if you've got anything listed there. I suspect the answer will be no...

ImageImageImage
Twister-UK
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby Twister-UK » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:36 pm

Olestas wrote:Keyword filter does not seem to work.. or I don't understand how to use it..

The only thing you ought to be aware of is that it uses case-sensitive matching, and the "Invert feed filter behaviour" setting also applies. Other than that, there really shouldn't be anything to it.

Do the other feed filters still work OK for you?

ImageImageImage
Twister-UK
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby Twister-UK » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:03 pm

Completely unrelated to URO+, but apologies for the below par nature of my spelling today - "seeming" and "worrying"??? My keyboard definitely is still capable of stringing together the letters l and y to form a -ly suffix, so how I managed to completely miss adding it in both of the previous posts is a mystery :?

ImageImageImage
Twister-UK
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby Twister-UK » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:18 pm

3.79 is another compatibility fix for beta users - the previous fix uncovered another subtle change in the underlying WME code (the livemap link now needs to be referenced by the element classname rather than the id...) which annoying I hadn't noticed until after 3.78 had already been published.

Firefox+Greasemonkey version: https://greasyfork.org/scripts/1952-uroverview-plus-uro
Chrome Web Store version: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... mjcdghdphi

ImageImageImage
Twister-UK
Beta tester
Beta tester

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.78 (20160612)

Postby Twister-UK » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:45 am

3.78 brings the following changes and new features to the table...

• All MP types now described correctly
  • User profile page exclusion works again in Chrome
  • Adlocked places can be filtered
  • Feed can be filtered by keyword/phrase
  • Residential point places (RPP) can be semi-automatically cloned

And for beta users, there's yet another fix to account for the devteam's ongoing desire to rename all of their native functions/properties for seeming no good reason...

A quick note on the RPP cloning feature. This is an extension to the place popup feature, which therefore has to be enabled. When a RPP is highlighted, the popup that appears now includes a "Clone place" option - clicking this initially triggers WME to create a new point place. URO waits for the user to click on the map to place the point, then manipulates the side panel to convert the place to residential and copy over the address details from the highlighted RPP. All that's left for the user to do is adjust the address details as required and click Apply...

Firefox+Greasemonkey version: https://greasyfork.org/scripts/1952-uroverview-plus-uro
Chrome Web Store version: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... mjcdghdphi

ImageImageImage
Twister-UK
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby Twister-UK » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:23 pm

I might be able to add in a simple text-matching filter that would at least allow showing/hiding of feed items that contain the country name within their descriptive text, but I can't see any way of getting the location of entries where the country name isn't present in the text, other than by generating a click event on each feed entry and then grabbing the location that WME ends up at as a result. As this would lead to a migraine-inducing set of rapid-fire map reloads in order to determine the location of each entry in the feed list, I think it's safe to assume I won't be implementing it...

ImageImageImage
Twister-UK
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby Twister-UK » Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:18 pm

Znoes wrote:Thank you for the wonderful script!

I suggest to have a feature where you can filter UR comments from a specific user :)

There's a "Without comments from user" filter - doesn't that do what you're after?

ImageImageImage
Twister-UK
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby Twister-UK » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:45 pm

I'm guessing you're a Chrome user? I could never get Chrome to respect the @excludes, so in 3.76 I also added a specific test for profile pages during the script initialisation, which worked a treat in Chrome. However, somewhat worryingly, I see this test has vanished from the 3.77 code... Kinda makes me wonder if anything else went missing :shock:

ImageImageImage
Twister-UK
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby Twister-UK » Thu May 26, 2016 10:04 pm

CBenson wrote:I'm having tab problems when I open this PL which has the gibberish in it. The link is on the ROW server on which I cannot edit.

URO+ROW.png

I can't reproduce this here. Please try again with all other scripts disabled to see if it's interaction between URO+ and something else that's causing the problem.

ImageImageImage
Twister-UK
Beta tester
Beta tester

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts