[Script] UROverview Plus v3.103 (20170605)

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.94 (20161006)

Postby turbomkt » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:51 pm

taco909 wrote:
turbomkt wrote:Give them a link to LA with backfill...

Do you want another mapraid? :lol: :shock:

Missed the last one, so...No. :mrgreen:
turbomkt
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Postby taco909 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:02 am

turbomkt wrote:Give them a link to LA with backfill...

Do you want another mapraid? :lol: :shock:
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Postby turbomkt » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:30 am

taco909 wrote:
GeekDriverPeaceful wrote:Gosh! I wish the script writers could talk directly with the dev team! That would be amazing...collaboration = flawless WME.

Those on the beta teams can and do.

The problem is the lack of collaboration even though the communication is there.

There still seems to be a basic mindset among the devs that scripts are not needed, and are instead ways to "cheat" and "farm points", that we should be happy with what we have as it is sufficient for editing the map (maybe in a small city with 5,000 users and 20 editors).

The devs simply do not understand the challenges facing editors in London, New York, Los Angeles, etc....

Give them a link to LA with backfill...
turbomkt
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Postby taco909 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:12 am

GeekDriverPeaceful wrote:Gosh! I wish the script writers could talk directly with the dev team! That would be amazing...collaboration = flawless WME.

Those on the beta teams can and do.

The problem is the lack of collaboration even though the communication is there.

There still seems to be a basic mindset among the devs that scripts are not needed, and are instead ways to "cheat" and "farm points", that we should be happy with what we have as it is sufficient for editing the map (maybe in a small city with 5,000 users and 20 editors).

The devs simply do not understand the challenges facing editors in London, New York, Los Angeles, etc....
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Postby GeekDriverPeaceful » Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:15 am

Gosh! I wish the script writers could talk directly with the dev team! That would be amazing...collaboration = flawless WME.
GeekDriverPeaceful
100K edits
100K edits

Postby Twister-UK » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:00 pm

Olestas wrote:Could you also add MPs filter for all the new different MP types that now have appeared? :D

Maybe, though as I'm feeling slightly pissed off with Waze right now I'm not in much of a mood to do anything script-related.

For however many years, UR and MP markers took their images from a fairly consistently arranged image strip, the most recent iteration of which looks like this:

[ img ]

All looks pretty easy to follow doesn't it, MP markers at the top, UR markers at the bottom, and both sets of markers arranged in the same pattern of colours. This consistency has made it pretty easy to implement the various custom markers that've been a part of URO+ for some time now.

So, when today I notice WME Beta failing to display any markers correctly, I start to wonder what's changed. And I find this:

[ img ]

Great isn't it. A seemingly completely random splatter of markers, which means that not only will I need to regenerate all of the custom marker images, but I'll also have to rewrite the code that works out when a UR or MP marker has been moused-over. Whilst also retaining the existing images and code for now to avoid breaking WME Production...

You know, I really, really want to believe that there's a perfectly sensible justification for the devteam tearing up years of design history here and coming up with a marker storage method which appears to defy all logical reason, that there's something so amazing and wonderful just around the corner that they simply HAD to randomly stuff the markers into this new image to make way for something new.

The problem is, each time the devteam make an apparently inexplicable change like this, it just furthers my belief that they really don't care about the efforts of the scripting community and that from time to time they will deliberately go out of their way to fuck things up for us. This is one of those times.

Seriously, I can't think of any good reason for reorganising the markers like this - the lack of any discernable pattern means WME itself will be working harder than before to pick the correct marker within the overall image, and it sure as hell will make my life harder to support this new layout.

Not at all impressed with the devteam right now, not one bit. Sorry to any WME beta users, but you might as well disable URO+ for the forseeable future, because it won't work properly until I fix this, and I'm in no rush to waste my precious time and energy doing so right now.
Twister-UK
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby Olestas » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:45 pm

Could you also add MPs filter for all the new different MP types that now have appeared? :D
Olestas
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby Olestas » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:39 am

Wow, autoreload is so much better :D And filters too. Thanks!
Olestas
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby Twister-UK » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:58 pm

3.94 adds PUR feed filters and an auto-reload feature to try keeping the feed list populated with at least 5 entries after the current filter settings have been applied.

To avoid the risk of the auto-reload feature going off into an endless loop, it will stop reloading the feed list after 5 consecutive attempts to find new unfiltered entries. Once this happens, a new refresh button will appear just below the normal "Load More" button at the bottom of the feed list - clicking the refresh button will then force URO+ to perform another auto-refresh cycle.

Firefox+Greasemonkey version: https://greasyfork.org/scripts/1952-uroverview-plus-uro
Chrome Web Store version: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... mjcdghdphi
Twister-UK
Beta tester
Beta tester

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.93 (20160928)

Postby crazycaveman » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:23 pm

Twister-UK wrote:If anyone else notices WME opening the details for a different UR to the one being clicked on, I'd appreciate it if you could make a note of whether or not the UR that you clicked on is one that WME should be displaying based on its current Show/Hide toggle setting - if it isn't, then please try changing this setting - without moving/zooming the map or making any other changes that might cause WME to reload the UR data - and then clicking on that UR again to see whether or not the correct details are now loaded.

I had this happen to me just now, but from following a link from an email that I got a response to a UR. At first, the correct details were opened, but when I clicked on the UR bubble itself, it opened the details of a different UR that I had commented on that also had a reporter response (not sure if that has any correlation). Refreshing the map and page didn't have any effect, nor did zooming or toggling the show/hide closed. Disabling URO+ via the checkbox fixed the issue. Once I reenabled URO+, the error returned.

In case it helps:

Note: I had not panned over or opened the UR whose details were being shown in several days (can't say for sure when I last opened it, might have been around the time the reporter responded).
crazycaveman
Country Manager
Country Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts