[Script] UROverview Plus v3.96 (20161120)

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: Houston, we have a problem

Postby dbraughlr » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:06 am

htxu wrote:... the speed limit signs ...

:?: Surely this is not on topic.
dbraughlr

Re: Houston, we have a problem

Postby bz2012 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:23 am

dbraughlr wrote:
htxu wrote:... the speed limit signs ...

:?: Surely this is not on topic.

The topic was in this thread a few day earlier.
State Manager, Louisiana
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.6 (20140202)

Postby BellHouse » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:37 am

SuperDave1426 wrote:I've noticed that it doesn't seem to do "live" updates of a UR comment count. I.E., if a comment gets added to a UR, it won't bump the number up unless I refresh the screen either via clicking the permalink button or just doing a flat out cntrl-R in the browser.

Scripts can only use the data that WME has available. And since WME doesn't live update the URs (and their comments), this script can't, either.
Global Champ / DACH Champ / CM Germany / Self-Management-Team Germany
BellHouse
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: UR: Missing landmark

Postby Twister-UK » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:11 am

dbraughlr wrote:If you go to https://www.waze.com/livemap/, you may make a missing landmark report at someplace that is suitable to you.

Thanks, I'd forgotten that was one of the UR types available from the livemap... I've now got the data I need, support for them in both URO+ and LMUR will be added *ahem* soon :D
L4 AM for London/Thames Valley and Shetland Islands
WME/Livemap enhancement scripts @ GreasyFork and Chrome Web Store
Twister-UK
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby SuperDave1426 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:02 pm

BellHouse wrote:
SuperDave1426 wrote:I've noticed that it doesn't seem to do "live" updates of a UR comment count. I.E., if a comment gets added to a UR, it won't bump the number up unless I refresh the screen either via clicking the permalink button or just doing a flat out cntrl-R in the browser.

Scripts can only use the data that WME has available. And since WME doesn't live update the URs (and their comments), this script can't, either.

Ah, ok. That explains it then. So the answer, per the rest of my question, is, "That's how it's supposed to work." :-)

Thanks.

However, it looks like the new WME is online and it seems to have broken URO+. When I refresh the start up the WME with the script enabled, it highlights one of the closed (but now displayed) URs and brings up a box with the usual information that you'd get from hovering over a UR. But there's no way to close that box and move on. I'm sure it's already being worked on, but since I didn't see a mention of it here, I figured I'd mention it now.
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby bz2012 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:06 pm

The latest WME seems to have broken some URO+ features.
The one I noticed first is that the
Hide solved/unidentified is no longer working. They are displayed regardless of check box status.

Also seeing a 'pop up box' that seems to be popped up for a random URO and doesn't want to go away unless I click on 'hide for this session'.
Mouse over various URs does NOT cause pop ups like it should do.
State Manager, Louisiana
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby qwaletee » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:08 pm

Twister-UK wrote:
qwaletee wrote:It mysteriously started working for me now.

I would like to see a simple option to temporarily disable all the options without having to reset them individually each time, if that's doable. Also, some of the Yes/No options are confusing, is there documentation on them? I may not have skimmed enough of the 34 pages in this thread :)

I think everything has been documented to some extent as and when that particular option/feature was introduced/revised, but there's no single point of reference for the script, no. Unfortunately, as the script has evolved/mutated/turned into something far removed from its humble beginnings a year and a half ago, I haven't been placing as much emphasis on consistency of operation as I perhaps ought to have.

When I get some time to mess around with the code again I'd like to work on tidying up the UI a bit, but that isn't likely to be for a while yet - the only coding I have time for right now is the stuff that pays the bills...

That's why I don't code anymore. It stopped paying the bills. Not that the network stuff I'm doing now entirely does, but at least it is more consistent.

Since the WME update though, URO+ is failing again. I tried it with all other Waze-related scripts disabled, but no go. Is there any way to debug this? As you can see above, several other users are experiencing this problem.

The symptoms are that when a map page initially loads, if there are any URs visible on the page (even if they are invisible for whatever reason), the "hover pop up" message appears right away, as if I had hovered over that UR. It sometimes appears near the UR, and sometimes in a random place on the screen. If there are multiple URs on screen, one gets chosen at seeming random. There is no way to get rid of the hover pop up, unless I simply pan it all the way off screen AND another UR appears. Turning off the UR layer does not help. Hovering over a different UR does not bring up the pop up for that other UR, the original stubbornly stays where it is.

It is exactly the same set of symptoms that occurred prior to it mysteriously starting to work.
US Champ / Country Manager | State Manager NY, NJ, PA, CT, MA, RI, VT, ME, NH | Northeast ARC | Mentor | Responding to Map Issues
qwaletee
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Location: NYC Metro - Active throughout NE^2 (Northeast & New England)

Postby qwaletee » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:17 pm

OK, I lied, slightly. If there are other URs on screen, I can get the pop-up to change to their info by hovering over SOME of them. Others are ignored by URO+. As soon as I move the mouse off any that URO+ does recognize, it reverts to the first one, as if I had hovered over it again.

Is the source code available? If I get really motivated, I could try adding some debug stuff in and seeing what it is really processing.

Oh, and I'm on Chrome, installed URO+ from the Chrome web store.
US Champ / Country Manager | State Manager NY, NJ, PA, CT, MA, RI, VT, ME, NH | Northeast ARC | Mentor | Responding to Map Issues
qwaletee
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Location: NYC Metro - Active throughout NE^2 (Northeast & New England)

Postby ctpoole » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:40 pm

bz2012 wrote:The latest WME seems to have broken some URO+ features.
The one I noticed first is that the
Hide solved/unidentified is no longer working. They are displayed regardless of check box status.

Also seeing a 'pop up box' that seems to be popped up for a random URO and doesn't want to go away unless I click on 'hide for this session'.
Mouse over various URs does NOT cause pop ups like it should do.

I am having exactly the same set of issues.
Area Manager: Metropolitan Austin, TX
ImageImage
ctpoole

Postby Twister-UK » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:56 pm

*sigh* it's either been a *lot* longer than I thought it's been since I was last in the beta editor, or there's been some pretty significant changes released with minimal time given to fully test them, because last time I checked URO+ was working just fine in the beta... Given the seriousness of this, I'll look into it ASAP - unlikely to be before the weekend though.
L4 AM for London/Thames Valley and Shetland Islands
WME/Livemap enhancement scripts @ GreasyFork and Chrome Web Store
Twister-UK
Area Manager
Area Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts