[Script] UROverview Plus v3.133 (20180412)

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.38 (20150205)

Postby Twister-UK » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:52 pm

Meh :|
Chris (not to be confused with Chris or Chris...)
L5 AM SE England & Shetland Islands / WME Beta Tester / Script Writer
WME/Livemap enhancement scripts @ GreasyFork and Chrome Web Store

ImageImageImage
Twister-UK
Beta tester
Beta tester

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.38 (20150205)

Postby Twister-UK » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:55 pm

3.38 now correctly locates the popups when the sidebar panel has a vertical scrollbar. UR popups now show the resolution type (solved or not identified) for closed URs. And last but not least, stacked UR markers can now be redrawn when moused-over to allow easier selection...

Unstacking is controlled by two new parameters in the Misc tab:

"Distance threshold" defines how close together (in pixels) the UR markers need to be in order to be considered stacked. "Disable below zoom" does exactly as it's name suggests, disabling the unstacking code if the map zoom level is below the stated value.

So, what does it actually do...

Here's a typical extract from the map, with a few UR markers on display. There are clearly a couple of overlapped markers down there in the lower-left, but look closely at the marker by the mouse pointer. Note how its shadow is ever so slightly darker and wider than normal. I suspect there's another marker hiding directly behind that one. Let's mouseover the marker and find out...

A-ha, I was right! On mousing-over the top marker, the marker hidden behind is now shuffled out of the way, making it visible (and more importantly, selectable). Note how, these two markers aside, all the other ones have been hidden. This acts both as extra visual feedback that we're viewing a UR stack, and also avoids the risk of causing a new stack if a relocated marker ended up on top of a marker nearby...

Moving the mouse off the marker or it's associated popup causes the stack to collapse again and the other markers to become visible.

Remember those two obviously stacked markers I mentioned earlier. Given the amount of overlap present on these two markers, mousing over one of those with the default unstacking settings will cause them to be fully unstacked in the same way as the previous example:

If we now lower the distance threshold setting and try mousing-over these markers again, WME behaves as it always has done

If you've got a steady mouse hand, you may want to keep the distance threshold to a minimum so that unstacking only kicks in when absolutely necessary.

As a final example of how useful unstacking could be, how many URs do you think are present here?

Now that we know what to look out for, it's clearly more than one - the darker shadow is a dead giveaway that there's at least 2 URs there. But could there be even more? Let's find out...

10 points to anyone who guessed at six :mrgreen: One final thing to point out is that, as you mouseover the other markers in the stack, the popup moves with you, and so long as your pointer remains over one of the stack markers or its associated popup, the stack will remain open.

Although this functionality could also be applied to MP/PUR markers, and possibly cameras too, this first release is restricted to UR markers until I get a feel for how well it works in practice.

Firefox+Greasemonkey version: https://greasyfork.org/scripts/1952-uroverview-plus-uro
Chrome Web Store version: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... mjcdghdphi

ImageImageImage
Twister-UK
Beta tester
Beta tester

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.37 (20150125)

Postby Twister-UK » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:08 pm

kodi75 wrote:Is there a way to save my desired URO+ settings somewhere so that It restarts with my default preferences? I see "backup" and "restore" in the Misc tab.

Those buttons will allow you to swap settings around manually - backup generates a text version of your settings and places it in the adjacent text box, so all you have to do is copy it from there and paste it somewhere else for safe keeping. Restore works in reverse - paste a previously saved settings text into the text box and click Restore to use those settings within URO.

Including new functionality to save and restore multiple configs within URO itself is something I've had down as a low priority update for a while - one of these days URO/WME will remain stable enough for long enough to give me the time to do stuff like this...

ImageImageImage
Twister-UK
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby Twister-UK » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:39 pm

Excellent... Whether it's because your sidebar is so heavily loaded with tabs that you've got 3 rows of them, or because your browser window just isn't tall enough to start with, you've ended up with a vertical scrollbar between the sidebar and map editing areas.

This is pushing the map editing area off to the right by the width of the scrollbar, but this offset isn't being picked up by the code used in URO to determine whereabouts to place the popup relative to the native WME elements, and so the popup is being placed where it would need to be if the scrollbar wasn't pushing the map off to the right...

I've been able to replicate this with 100% repeatability, so now I know what the problem is and can test the fix here before releasing it, I should be able to roll out an update sooner rather than later.

ImageImageImage
Twister-UK
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby Twister-UK » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:00 pm

Hadn't considered that, thanks for the suggestion

ImageImageImage
Twister-UK
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby Twister-UK » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:19 pm

Thanks for the screengrab. I've checked this place and the popup is being generated in the correct position on my system, so it's something specific to your WME setup causing this horizontal offset. Please could you post another screengrab showing the entire WME viewport (i.e. everything from the "waze" logo top-left to the permalink icon bottom-right, as there are a couple of things I suspect it could be...

ImageImageImage
Twister-UK
Beta tester
Beta tester

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.36 (20150105)

Postby Twister-UK » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:34 pm

bz2012 wrote:Further edit: I am not sure what is going on, even after an extended delay while I did other things, the 'left ear', with the response count is missing and I think it is still showing me many balloons that should be hidden.

Is this only happening if you've got backfilling enabled? I wasn't able to replicate this behaviour, and the fix I thought I'd be porting over from LMUR was already implemented, so that's not the answer...

ImageImageImage
Twister-UK
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby Twister-UK » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:31 pm

3.37 now searches for custom tags ([EVENT], [NOTE] etc) in the UR comments if no tag is found in the UR description. It also now recognises when the user has added a new comment within this WME session, allowing filtering by comment count to work correctly without needing to reload the session.

Firefox+Greasemonkey version: https://greasyfork.org/scripts/1952-uroverview-plus-uro
Chrome Web Store version: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... mjcdghdphi

ImageImageImage
Twister-UK
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby Twister-UK » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:30 pm

Yeah, the backfilling could have something to do with it - I'm ironing out a similar issue in LMUR (where every bit of data it uses is obtained via backfilling), so once I'm done with that I'll add the equivalent fix into URO+ too.

ImageImageImage
Twister-UK
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby Twister-UK » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:29 pm

Thanks. Still haven't had any success in replicating the problem here, which suggests it could be something a bit subtle or unique to your setup. Please could you post a screengrab so I can at least get a feel for how bad the popup overlap is.

You've listed several scripts which don't have native Chrome versions, implying that you're also using Tampermonkey to run those. For the other scripts where native Chrome versions *are* available, are you using the native versions for all of these, some of these or none of these?

Also, you've listed JNF seperately to Toolbox, does this mean you're using the standalone version rather than the version embedded in Toolbox?

ImageImageImage
Twister-UK
Beta tester
Beta tester

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts