[Script] UROverview Plus v3.42 (20150413)

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderator: Unholy

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.41 (20150320)

Postby qwaletee » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:29 pm

PesachZ wrote:
Olestas wrote:Do we now name roundabouts?

Not unless they have house numbers attached to them and its necessary for address search results. In most cases we use a round place area with the junction category to provide the name.

Sent using Tapatalk for Android 4.4.2

Excepting Washington, DC.
NYC Metro | Mentor | USA Country Manager | Responding to Map Issues
qwaletee
Map Raider
Map Raider

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.42 (20150413)

Postby qwaletee » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:11 am

So, easy fix (says the guy who doesn't have to code it). Make the default value match the current one, which is safe, but make the delay configurable so those in the know and without need for the lag are able to shorten it.
NYC Metro | Mentor | USA Country Manager | Responding to Map Issues
qwaletee
Map Raider
Map Raider

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.26 (20141012)

Postby randyboy » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:36 pm

Seems like my choices aren't saved...

When i refresh i have to tick my places options again. Every time.
I have also tried to reinstall the extension

Are there anyone else with this problem? Any tips to make my choices stick?
Regional Manager - Aust-Agder, Norway
International : Waze Wiki | Waze Forum
Norwegian : Waze Wiki - Norge | Waze Forum - Norge | Todo - Norge | Facebook | Google+
randyboy
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby randyboy » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:30 am

Twister-UK wrote:Thanks both of you for the PMs, plus the additional info about the use of Toolbox. Unfortunately I still can't see anything wrong - both of your settings files are OK, and I don't have any issues saving Places tab settings regardless of whether or not Toolbox is also running...

Kadyus, so that I'm clear on this - are you saying the problem only occurs for you when Toolbox is running, and that disabling Toolbox allows Places tab settings to be saved OK?

Randyboy, are you also running Toolbox? If so, does the problem go away when TB is disabled?

Both please also confirm which browsers you're using, and which other WME scripts you're running.

Thanks
Chris

I'm sorry for not comming back to you. Had to go away for work for a few days.
But i see you are on top of things and have it fixed allready!

Great job and thank you :)
Norwegian : Waze Wiki - Norge | Waze Forum - Norge | Todo - Norge | Facebook | Google+
randyboy
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby randyboy » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:42 pm

Twister-UK wrote:Issue now resolved in dev build... it's another problem with WMETB calling the uroWazeBits() function after URO+ itself has finished with it. Unlike the complete mess this caused previously in 3.20 however, this time around calling the function again merely results in the Places tab being deleted and redrawn, however the saved settings don't then get applied again to this new copy of the tab and so it appears that they were never applied at all.

To avoid any further problems with this, uroWazeBits() in the dev build now contains only those bits of code that WMETB actually does need to run a second time, with all the stuff it really shouldn't have been messing with now moved into a new function called only from within URO+ itself.

After the update this problem is back. When loading, everything is fine and the "Places"-layer is off in the checkbox of WME. But when i drag the map just a little bit the layer is getting turned back on...
randyboy
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.33 (20141228)

Postby rickzabel » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:24 am

SuperDave1426 wrote:
PesachZ wrote:You guys should look into [url=j.mp/UrComments]UrComments script[/url] which has presets and works with URO+ to hide certain URs, (once they are both repaired from the latest wme release)

Thanks for the mention of that. I've actually looked into the URO+ presets section of of UrComments. Unfortunately, that still doesn't do what I (and I suspect several others :) ) am looking for here. There is a preset option there which says, "URO+ New requests / UR replies", which has a tool-tip of that says that that it shows only new URs or ones that have replies from the requestor (which I assume is the driver/reporter using the app). Problem is, that doesn't provide for a restriction of the reporter being the last/most recent comment.

Editor comments, reporter replies, editor replies with further request, no further replies from reporter - that scenario will still trigger it as being visible using that particular UrComment URO+ preset. And in that situation, I don't want the UR reappearing until the time limit has run out and I now need to take whatever further action is warranted at that point.

Firstly I do not want to hijack Twisters URO's thread; we can start another thread about UrComments if needed. But in order to have answers with the questions I will answer these two questions / statements here.
Superdave there is a setting in URO that is named "If last comment made by UR reporter?" if you choose “no” under for that option it will only show URs where the last comment was from the driver (Reporter) or if there is zero comments. This is just as you describe in your request and Editor comments, editor replies with further request, no further replies from reporter should not show up. The preset "URO+ New requests / UR replies" clears all other URO UR filters and then enables only “If last comment made by UR reporter?"

Thortok2000 wrote:The comments script messed with my URO filters in a very confusing way and I didn't like it. I also couldn't figure out how to create custom comments as I didn't like the defaults. I ended up disabling it.

Thortok2000, Urcomments presets completely clear your uro settings before applying the preset. Each preset is designed to show you URs that currently need commenting on, need reminders (if your area does this), or closing as stale. I know at a glance the settings used are confusing but they are setup so they do not interfere with the functions of each other.
As for the default comments they all have been reviewed and rewritten, if you want help setting up a custom list please contact me.

Twister-UK wrote:Whilst trying to provoke my dev system into showing me the UR conversation bug that seems to have affected just about everyone *except* me,

Twister, I was also having the trouble with the spinning waiting icon when using URO 3.33 in the LA raid area. I ran through a combination of scripts/ plugins and determined URO was causing the issue. As further test I ended up commenting out code that adds names to the lists “Without comments from user” and “Not resolved by user”, afterwards the waiting icon issues went away.

Versions 3.34 In the LA area with the settings “Not resolved by user” and “Without comments from user” enabled there is a noticeable delay after the map reloads while these lists are populated, but the waiting icon issue is no longer happening.
Chicago Illinois Suburbs , Main areas Downers Grove, Naperville, and Auroa
https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/User:Rickzabel
rickzabel
Beta tester
Beta tester

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.33 (20141228)

Postby rickzabel » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:19 pm

Twister-UK wrote:
rickzabel wrote:Versions 3.34 In the LA area with the settings “Not resolved by user” and “Without comments from user” enabled there is a noticeable delay after the map reloads while these lists are populated, but the waiting icon issue is no longer happening.

Good to hear its no longer a showstopper issue for you, though I'm a bit puzzled as to the delay you mention - unless your entire system runs JavaScript slowly then there's no reason for the list population code to be noticeably slow, suggesting there's still some unexpected interaction with the native code. Any chance of a debug console grab to see if that sheds some light on the problem?

"Without comments from user" seems to work almost instantly on chrome, on firefox there is a small delay.
"Not resolved by user" seems to be the one that causes more lag.
overall WME is being super slow for me right now and I am not seeing anything in my console that shows an error while turning those on and off.

5VM354:127 ############# userview addded
VM313:2619 ur tab click
VM313:2645 filteritems
VM313:2061 filtering urs
66VM354:127 ############# userview addded
11VM354:127 ############# userview addded
VM313:2053 resolver checked
VM313:2057 build resolver list
506VM354:127 ############# userview addded
rickzabel
Beta tester
Beta tester

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.41 (20150320)

Postby rickzabel » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:02 pm

crayzee wrote:Still no yellow popups for me :(

tampermonkey had a recent update, where i was having all sort of random script issues, including no URO popups. i had disabled and reinstalled half of the scripts i run attempting to troubleshoot which one was causing the issue. one thing i noticed in tampermonkey is in the dashboard the sort column was missing. It wasn't until i disabled and reenabled tampermonkey that sort came back. i also have all of the URO popups back. i can not promise that this was the fix more of something to check / try.
rickzabel
Beta tester
Beta tester

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.7 (20140330)

Postby rivercitysyn » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:34 pm

Is there a reason permissions are set so that the extension has access to so much in Chrome?

Would it be possible to restrict them in the next release for peace of mind?
ImageImageImageImage
rivercitysyn

Re: [Script] UROverview v1.25 (20130411)

Postby rob7mgte » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:02 am

Twister_UK wrote:1.25 adds a "Delete Camera" link to the camera popup, making it a bit easier to clean up areas of the map infested with all of those randomly placed cameras from world_* and usa_* users...

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/145186

Thanks Chris! That's a nice time saver.

Would it be possible to list the editor's level in the popup for cameras? So 'Name (3)' instead of just 'Name'? The cameras added by L3+ editors are much more likely to be accurate so I spend more time looking at those.

Rob
Area Manager: Seattle, WA and surrounding areas
Waze Editing Resources: Map Editing | Best Practices | FAQ | Landmarks
rob7mgte

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts