Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by GeekySmurf
SuperDave1426 wrote:I just updated to the latest version in the Chrome store, and now it no longer shows up on my map screen (and there's no named layer for it showing for me to turn on, either)....

Any ideas?
Glad to hear this, I installed it and could not figure out how to make it work, now I know why :D
GeekySmurf
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Alexandria, Monroe, New Orleans, Louisianna
Editing Manual| Editing Best Practice | My Wiki Pages / New Editor Links

Post by GeekySmurf
It is now working for me!
GeekySmurf
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Alexandria, Monroe, New Orleans, Louisianna
Editing Manual| Editing Best Practice | My Wiki Pages / New Editor Links

Post by gertbroos
When you hover over UR's, you normally get a popup with extra info, so you don't have to click on them to know what they are about.

I don't allways get them, sometimes I do, most times I don't.. Anyone who knows why this is?
gertbroos
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by GFM_Danny
I have a question about this script, is it possible to give UR special icon, like a cone or a note?
during MR in Canada; Puerto Rico; I saw some UR which is still in working progress, which are not done the correction, show as a cone, with a notificion under construction etc, please dont close this UR.

how can I set the UR like this? to avoid some new editor; their habbit is closing UR without follow up and some UR which is really important and not done; they closed it as they likes.

thanks
best Regard
GFM_Danny
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Answers: 5
Send a message

Telegram : t.me/GFM_Danny

Post by GFM_Danny
taco909 wrote:Simply add the following text (in brackets) to any UR. It can be in any of the comments to generate the special icon:

[ROADWORKS]
[CONSTRUCTION]
[CLOSURE]
[EVENT]
[NOTE]

Here's how they appear.
Ignore the grey "pill" showing the name, that is from Rzabel's URC
UROTypes.jpg
@Taco909

Great..thanks for your replay and information.
Will do it
Thank you very much
GFM_Danny
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Answers: 5
Send a message

Telegram : t.me/GFM_Danny

Post by ggrane
My work today early evening before 9pm. After a reboot around 10 pm it was gone and no longer available ..
ggrane
Send a message

Post by GizmoGuy411
SuperDave1426 wrote: ....
However, it looks like the new WME is online and it seems to have broken URO+. When I refresh the start up the WME with the script enabled, it highlights one of the closed (but now displayed) URs and brings up a box with the usual information that you'd get from hovering over a UR. But there's no way to close that box and move on. I'm sure it's already being worked on, but since I didn't see a mention of it here, I figured I'd mention it now.
ctpoole wrote:
bz2012 wrote:The latest WME seems to have broken some URO+ features.
The one I noticed first is that the
Hide solved/unidentified is no longer working. They are displayed regardless of check box status.

Also seeing a 'pop up box' that seems to be popped up for a random URO and doesn't want to go away unless I click on 'hide for this session'.
Mouse over various URs does NOT cause pop ups like it should do.
I am having exactly the same set of issues.
Ditto

P.S. Bravo for your use of the ISO 8601 yyyy-mm-dd date format! Why don't we all adopt it?
GizmoGuy411
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

U.S. based Global Champ Emeritus
U.S. Local Champ
U.S. Country Manager
U.S. Great Lakes ARC: IL, IN, MI, OH, WI
(and past GLR RC)
AM: NW OH, NE IN, SE MI
Wiki Profile
Verizon: Google Pixel XL3 & iPad "3"

Post by Glodenox
Hey, would it be possible to make the automatic resizing of tabs optional? Your script doesn't really play nicely with other scripts by changing the padding to 4px each second. It seems easy to me to turn this into an option that can be disabled in the misc tab, so perhaps that's a good solution?

I fully understand why this is overwritten each second (to also adjust newly created tabs), though there are better alternatives out there nowadays that don't require JavaScript to run constantly. I've become a big fan of MutationObserver for this kind of behaviour as it can generate events whenever a new element is added within an element.
Glodenox  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message
Belgium & Luxembourg Coordinator • Script Writing Community Coordinator
https://www.tomputtemans.com/images/WazeBelgium.pnghttps://www.tomputtemans.com/images/WazeWMEbeta.png

Post by Glodenox
Hey there, hipska asked me to look into an improvement in the pop-up windows for closures on segments. Right now the system only lists a provider if it is available, but generally the closure would be created by a Wazer, so a fallback system to show that user would be more useful.

I've made the changes listed below locally and that seems to work fine. I also noticed that the reverse segment isn't processed the same way as the forward segments, which I've fixed here as well.

After line 5141 that sets the provider variable, I added this block of code:

Code: Select all

else if (rcObj.createdBy !== null) {
  provider = (Waze.model.users.get(rcObj.createdBy) ? Waze.model.users.get(rcObj.createdBy).userName : rcObj.createdBy);
}
Two lines below when checking for the reason field, I expanded the if statement a bit to exclude empty reasons:

if(rcObj.reason !== null && rcObj.reason != '')
Then I've basically copied that code over for the reverse segments as well (perhaps this could better be made into a function?) around line 5179:

var startDate = rcObj.startDate;
var endDate = "unknown";
if(rcObj.endDate !== null)
{
  endDate = rcObj.endDate;
}
var provider = "---";
if(rcObj.provider !== null)
{
  provider = rcObj.provider;
}
else if (rcObj.createdBy !== null) {
  provider = (Waze.model.users.get(rcObj.createdBy) ? Waze.model.users.get(rcObj.createdBy).userName : rcObj.createdBy);
}
var reason = "---";
if(rcObj.reason !== null && rcObj.reason != '')
{
  reason = rcObj.reason;
}
result += '<td>' + startDate + ' to ' + endDate + '</td>';
result += '<td>' + provider + '</td>';
result += '<td>' + reason + '</td>';
result += '</td></tr>';
Glodenox  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
https://www.tomputtemans.com/images/WazeBelgium.pnghttps://www.tomputtemans.com/images/WazeWMEbeta.png

Post by Glodenox
The issue with sending a comment has been researched and a solution has been found. It is not related to URC, though URC is experiencing the same issue.

Technical details: Waze now uses the change event to enable the send button, probably to prevent the sending of empty messages by accident. Entering a value in the textarea with JavaScript doesn't trigger the change event, so it had to be sent separately after setting the value. Relatively easy to fix, not so easy to discover. Personally, I'd just let the send button check whether the textarea is empty instead, as now you can still enter a space, remove the space and then press the send button...

Triggering the change event on the textarea fixes this:

$(insertReferenceToTextareaHere).change();
EDIT: oops, thought this was the URC thread.
Glodenox  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message