[Script] UROverview Plus v3.45 (20150505)

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderator: Unholy

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.33 (20141228)

Postby qazxcvbnmm » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:18 pm

Twister-UK wrote:2. The reporter lists are generated in realtime from the names which are present in the map data at that point in time, so if you scroll out of an area where the selected editor has been active, their name will no longer be present in the list and so the script deselects it. I'll look into making it a persistent selection so that if the user is no longer present in the area it still remembers them unless you deliberately change the selection.

I don't think that is exactly what is happening in my case. In the LA MapRaid, as a service, the user "nivekeel" that has mass pre-replied to maybe half of all URs. In panning around to close out his 7 day old URs, there are always some in my map area. At least half the time though the user is reset to someone else after I pan or I lose the ability to see the conversation and have to reload the page (and typically lose the username). "nivekeel" is always available to be reselected from the list.
qazxcvbnmm
qazxcvbnmm
Map Raider
Map Raider

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.3 (20131221)

Postby qwaletee » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:09 am

Having a problem with the script. For UR's, it is not waiting for me to hover or click n a UR. It is getting hung up on whichever UR it finds first when it loads (either on-screen already or nearvy), and instantly displaying the pop-up for it, no hover or anything required. It then refuses to let go of that one UR until it scrolls well off screen. I can't get another UR on the same screen to show the pop-up -- the first one latched onto is apparently a love affair. Monogamy until she leaves me.
NYC Metro | Mentor | USA Country Manager | Responding to Map Issues
qwaletee
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby qwaletee » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:30 pm

Chrome
Webs tore
Production
Tampermonkey: Street to river, WME Livemap, Highlights, JNF; direct: LMUR, URO, WME route checker, Toolbox, Junction angle,
qwaletee
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby qwaletee » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:06 am

URO+ 3.3 and LMUR 2.4. The latter operates on Livemap, not WME, or at least is advertised as such.
qwaletee
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby qwaletee » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:25 am

Twister-UK wrote:As mentioned in the reply above, I'm aware of an issue with URO+ 3.3 and the latest WME beta release which is preventing UR popups from appearing at all (rather ironic given the problem qwaletee is having...), so I'll be looking into that soon - if anyone spots any other beta-related issues please let me know ASAP.

If it would help you, I can do a screen share with you so you can see what's going on and tweak Chrome to debug.
qwaletee
Map Raider
Map Raider

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.6 (20140202)

Postby qwaletee » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:27 pm

sketch wrote:BTW, there seems to be a new bug with respect to the beta editor, where sometimes the hovering UR box doesn't disappear no matter what I do, even sometimes if I refresh. Usually it picks one UR right when I open the beta and shows its info box the entire time.

This has been my problem with URO+ with the non-beta for a couple of months. Never figured it out, and I mostly abandoned URO+ because of it. The box blocked way too much of my screen, and I couldn't get it to go to anpother one without scrolling the offending UR way off screen... only to have URO+ usually choose another random UR to fixate on.

If you can figure out how to fix this, I won't kiss you, but I might think about it.
qwaletee
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby qwaletee » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:19 am

It mysteriously started working for me now.

I would like to see a simple option to temporarily disable all the options without having to reset them individually each time, if that's doable. Also, some of the Yes/No options are confusing, is there documentation on them? I may not have skimmed enough of the 34 pages in this thread :)
qwaletee
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby qwaletee » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:08 pm

Twister-UK wrote:
qwaletee wrote:It mysteriously started working for me now.

I would like to see a simple option to temporarily disable all the options without having to reset them individually each time, if that's doable. Also, some of the Yes/No options are confusing, is there documentation on them? I may not have skimmed enough of the 34 pages in this thread :)

I think everything has been documented to some extent as and when that particular option/feature was introduced/revised, but there's no single point of reference for the script, no. Unfortunately, as the script has evolved/mutated/turned into something far removed from its humble beginnings a year and a half ago, I haven't been placing as much emphasis on consistency of operation as I perhaps ought to have.

When I get some time to mess around with the code again I'd like to work on tidying up the UI a bit, but that isn't likely to be for a while yet - the only coding I have time for right now is the stuff that pays the bills...

That's why I don't code anymore. It stopped paying the bills. Not that the network stuff I'm doing now entirely does, but at least it is more consistent.

Since the WME update though, URO+ is failing again. I tried it with all other Waze-related scripts disabled, but no go. Is there any way to debug this? As you can see above, several other users are experiencing this problem.

The symptoms are that when a map page initially loads, if there are any URs visible on the page (even if they are invisible for whatever reason), the "hover pop up" message appears right away, as if I had hovered over that UR. It sometimes appears near the UR, and sometimes in a random place on the screen. If there are multiple URs on screen, one gets chosen at seeming random. There is no way to get rid of the hover pop up, unless I simply pan it all the way off screen AND another UR appears. Turning off the UR layer does not help. Hovering over a different UR does not bring up the pop up for that other UR, the original stubbornly stays where it is.

It is exactly the same set of symptoms that occurred prior to it mysteriously starting to work.
qwaletee
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby qwaletee » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:17 pm

OK, I lied, slightly. If there are other URs on screen, I can get the pop-up to change to their info by hovering over SOME of them. Others are ignored by URO+. As soon as I move the mouse off any that URO+ does recognize, it reverts to the first one, as if I had hovered over it again.

Is the source code available? If I get really motivated, I could try adding some debug stuff in and seeing what it is really processing.

Oh, and I'm on Chrome, installed URO+ from the Chrome web store.
qwaletee
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby qwaletee » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:05 pm

Twister-UK wrote:Quick update... thanks to a test account on the NA server provided by AlanOfTheBerg, I've now been able to make some good progress on fixing this problem, and a new release should be available soon-ish.

If I could pretty please ask for the following?

1) checkbox to disable the pop-up display temporarily? Just in case the fix doens't work, it would make URO+ still useful with the sticky boxes (the other features are still working today)

2) Display the map update request # in the pop-up

3) This is more complex for the UI, so maybe not for now... a list of all the hidden request #s, and the ability to add/remove them independently, or jump to them. Once doing that, you can slso have an input box for "go to request #"
qwaletee
Map Raider
Map Raider

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts