[Script] UROverview Plus v3.102 (20170316)

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.85 (20160726)

Postby Twister-UK » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:33 pm

3.85 resolves a potential bootloop issue triggered during population of the user ID list for camera filtering.

Firefox+Greasemonkey version: https://greasyfork.org/scripts/1952-uroverview-plus-uro
Chrome Web Store version: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... mjcdghdphi
Twister-UK
Area Manager
Area Manager

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.84 (20160725)

Postby iainhouse » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:52 pm

Twister-UK wrote:
iainhouse wrote:I'm seeing significant issues with the latest update, possibly caused by the addition I asked for: filter cameras by user, for which I thank you greatly.

This seems to have been triggered by something particular to the camera data within central London, and how the associated user ID list is generated - I was using 3.84 quite happily earlier today editing around the fringes of London, but all hell broke loose when I started looking at some URs in the central area... Of course, there's always the possibility that HQ pushed out a sneaky WME update this evening that broke something.

Well it's now working nicely. :mrgreen: I have just successfully deleted approximately 50 cameras created by 2 particularly problematic users - and that's not counting the 50 or so I had previously managed to find from those two. :roll:
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby Twister-UK » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:46 pm

iainhouse wrote:I'm seeing significant issues with the latest update, possibly caused by the addition I asked for: filter cameras by user, for which I thank you greatly.

This seems to have been triggered by something particular to the camera data within central London, and how the associated user ID list is generated - I was using 3.84 quite happily earlier today editing around the fringes of London, but all hell broke loose when I started looking at some URs in the central area... Of course, there's always the possibility that HQ pushed out a sneaky WME update this evening that broke something.
Twister-UK
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby iainhouse » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:25 pm

I'm seeing significant issues with the latest update, possibly caused by the addition I asked for: filter cameras by user, for which I thank you greatly.

I am finding that the camera filtering stops working completely and the "Loading road data..." message never goes away. When this happens, there are several strange behaviours:
  • The zoom bar slider stops working properly. I can still zoom in & out with mouse wheel or the zoom bar buttons or by dragging the slider, but any zoom method except dragging the slider leaves the slider sitting where it was.
  • If I delete a camera using the link in it's popup, the save counter does not increase. If I add a segment, the counter will then jump up to 2. I can undo to decrease it to 1 and then save and the camera will be gone. If I hit undo again to undo the camera deletion, the camera re-appears but the edit counter stays at 1 and WME continues to think I have something to save if I refresh.
This is tested in current version of Chrome with all other scripts disabled.

I'm guessing it might be down to dodgy data on a single camera, so this is the permalink for where I am definitely encountering the problem. The functionality has worked in other locations.

I can see some errors on the console. It turns out to be surprisingly difficult to copy what I'm seeing as text, so I've had to settle for a screenshot:
UROerror.png
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby Twister-UK » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:51 pm

3.84 fixes the "Next->Done" button hack for URs and PURs opened from the feed, and adds filtering by editor name for cameras.

Firefox+Greasemonkey version: https://greasyfork.org/scripts/1952-uroverview-plus-uro
Chrome Web Store version: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... mjcdghdphi
Twister-UK
Area Manager
Area Manager

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.83 (20160712)

Postby turbomkt » Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:28 pm

When I open an UR from e-mail notification, it will present the correct UR. When I click on the same icon after the page is open, it will give me a different UR. It's pretty consistent which UR is given at that point.

I haven't done any troubleshooting to see if it's URO+ or something else causing it. $.02
turbomkt
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.83 (20160712)

Postby Twister-UK » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:58 pm

3.83 restores operation in the beta. Note that due to the (aparently really quite pointless) change in URL, any settings you had previously saved in the beta editor have now been lost. Nice one devteam :roll:

Twister-UK
Area Manager
Area Manager

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.82 (20160710)

Postby KuniaKid » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:41 pm

Twister-UK wrote:3.82 now shows/hides the feed filter controls via a clickable toggle icon rather than automatically on mouseover/exit.

Love love love this!! Mahalo
KuniaKid
State Manager
State Manager

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.82 (20160710)

Postby Twister-UK » Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:32 pm

3.82 now shows/hides the feed filter controls via a clickable toggle icon rather than automatically on mouseover/exit. Also, the keyword feed filter can now be set to filter either if the keyword is present or if it's absent, independently of the invert filter setting.

Twister-UK
Area Manager
Area Manager

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.81 (20160616)

Postby Twister-UK » Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:54 pm

crazycaveman wrote:I'm still trying to figure out why/how this happens, but I've had issues with the wrong UR being opened; I'll click a UR to open it and a completely different one gets opened. Today, I closed a UR and then clicked one near it and it continually opened the one I just closed (not close enough that they were stacked, but within a few meters of each other). Once I told WME to hid closed URs, a UR from several KMs away (that I had not worked on on this machine) opened and I could not get the one that was centered on my screen to open at all. I checked the console and just saw a message from UR/MP tracker that indicated I was clicking on the UR (gave me a UR ID that corresponded with the PL URO+ generated in the popup). Refreshing the screen didn't help, but disabling URO+ fixed the issue.

I think I now know why this is happening - it appears to be related to the hack I needed to introduce in order to allow marker unstacking to work correctly when there are multiple markers all at exactly the same coordinates, after WME started doing its annoying "ooh, the user has clicked on a marker at coords such and such, let me go see if there's *another* marker at those same coords and open up the details for that one instead..." thing ages ago.

In some cases, it now appears that this hack now causes WME to think that the marker you've clicked on is located in the same spot as another marker, and so it decides to open up the details for that latter one instead. It doesn't appear that this behaviour is used when a UR is opened via a PL or the feed, it's only when clicking directly on the UR pin on the map that WME decides to do this annoying double-check.

Now that I know how to provoke the problem, I'm one small step closer to solving it, but as the fix may well involve coming up with another hack to work around this frustrating WME behaviour (behaviour which seemed to be added for no good reason originally, and which I still can't figure out a reason for) then I'm not going to hazard a guess as to when, if indeed at all, I might be able to achieve this.
Twister-UK
Area Manager
Area Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts