[Script] UROverview Plus v3.96 (20161120)

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.16 (20140815)

Postby bz2012 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:33 pm

Now that the restricted segments are displaying their information so nicely, what about restricted (yellow) turn arrows? Can they be as informative?
State Manager, Louisiana
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.17 (20140820)

Postby Twister-UK » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:08 pm

3.17 now embeds all the custom images witihn the script source, as opposed to the half-embedded, half-remotely-served-up approach used in previous releases. This resolves the server-inaccessibility issue which began earlier today causing the comment count and yellow/green comment circles not to be displayed.

Firefox+Greasemonkey version: https://greasyfork.org/scripts/1952-uroverview-plus-uro
Chrome Web Store version: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... mjcdghdphi
L4 AM for London/Thames Valley and Shetland Islands
WME/Livemap enhancement scripts @ GreasyFork and Chrome Web Store
Twister-UK
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:13 pm

Has anyone officially requested Places category filtering from URO+ yet? I think it's the best "fit" of the existing extensions to add this feature. I doubt Waze will get to it soon, but as Places will soon be even more common across the map, I think having filtering will be absolutely necessary. Some way to multi-select will be superb. Perhaps expanding lists with the ability to select sub-items as well as parent.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 10.1.1 | Waze v4.14
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby doctorkb » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:20 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Has anyone officially requested Places category filtering from URO+ yet? I think it's the best "fit" of the existing extensions to add this feature. I doubt Waze will get to it soon, but as Places will soon be even more common across the map, I think having filtering will be absolutely necessary. Some way to multi-select will be superb. Perhaps expanding lists with the ability to select sub-items as well as parent.

Quite a while ago, I had suggested the list type view for Toolbox (similar to the street list). It was being considered, but clearly Oyyo hasn't gotten to it.
Waze Global Champ, Mentor
Country Manager: Canada
Area Manager: Edmonton, AB; Prince George, BC; Maui, HI; Georgetown, KY and various places in between
doctorkb
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby Twister-UK » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:26 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Has anyone officially requested Places category filtering from URO+ yet?

Showing/hiding the Place polygons based on their categories... I'll look into it. Thanks for the suggestion.
L4 AM for London/Thames Valley and Shetland Islands
WME/Livemap enhancement scripts @ GreasyFork and Chrome Web Store
Twister-UK
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby taco909 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:33 pm

Twister-UK wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Has anyone officially requested Places category filtering from URO+ yet?

Showing/hiding the Place polygons based on their categories... I'll look into it. Thanks for the suggestion.

That would be extremely useful.
I normally edit with places turned off because the map is so polluted. I would love to edit with only gas stations turned on, because there are a LOT of base-import gas stations remaining that are set to type "point" and only the small box... frequently half a block away from the actual station.
-- Rich
ImageImageImage
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Postby tonestertm » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:19 pm

Taco909 wrote:... because there are a LOT of base-import gas stations remaining that are set to type "point" and only the small box... frequently half a block away from the actual station.
How can they be set to Point and show a small box? :)
Many editors don't ever bother with the Places layer, and, as you've noticed, a lot of those gas station imports never got set up properly. Don't forget to add the address.
tonestertm
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby taco909 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:29 am

tonestertm wrote:
Taco909 wrote:... because there are a LOT of base-import gas stations remaining that are set to type "point" and only the small box... frequently half a block away from the actual station.
How can they be set to Point and show a small box? :)
Many editors don't ever bother with the Places layer, and, as you've noticed, a lot of those gas station imports never got set up properly. Don't forget to add the address.

Saved as a point, but when you change it to area, it's the original unedited box.
-- Rich
ImageImageImage
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Postby SuperDave1426 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:01 am

Taco909 wrote:Saved as a point, but when you change it to area, it's the original unedited box.

So, drag the geometry nodes on the area to make it the shape you want and then save. :-)

Remember, gas stations are supposed to be saved as areas, not points.

https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Places#When_ ... a_or_Point
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby taco909 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:43 am

SuperDave1426 wrote:
Taco909 wrote:Saved as a point, but when you change it to area, it's the original unedited box.

So, drag the geometry nodes on the area to make it the shape you want and then save. :-)

Remember, gas stations are supposed to be saved as areas, not points.

https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Places#When_ ... a_or_Point

Correct.
That's what I was referring to.
I'm constantly finding gas stations that were improperly saved on the import.
They appear as a point, but as an area they are a box.
Frequently, they are half a block away from the station... and sometimes the station has already been created by an editor.
-- Rich
ImageImageImage
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts