Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Copy geo nodes from one segment to another

Post by AndyLaode
Copy geo nodes from one segment to another

Dear user script maker,

I would like to ask, is there any of you willing to create a script to do this following?

Background: in the one way, separate road, It will be looking very good if both the roads align properly.

The problem to do this is by copying all segment geonodes from one segment to neighbour segment with the segment seperated by few meters (define by us). By solved that problem, we can have exactly matched two-one-way segment.

For example you have two-one-way segments bound from West to East. This segments can be anything from highway to country side road. I know by carefully position the geonode we can have pretty looking two-one-way segment (however, there’s an issue also regarding adjusting this geonodes one by one is that this nodes is not visible, until you click the above mentioned segment, so kind a hard to see (you’ll understand what I mean after I post the photo)).

But that is not enough. I know that computer script can be doing much better than human touch. We can have it automatically (script will do it), or manually, by adjusting the geonodes one by one.

If it is hard to do, can we at least show this geonodes without us having to click on the segment, so we can always have visual cues during adjustment

[can we at least show this geonodes if copying this will be more troublesome?]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/mjCBjYaTMnFOckHvFquI19RMsVmPVotUe1pPhNUWADpa3Zrd4Sm9UZDJTfukIz-yvar443tR2i5RtQWTU3jnByJ91F8B0UktwETdOIohtIyOx-fyWFvZFXPQkLJ3kELrJCa6Iz4Fq3k79Zr92uXTMmhUb3AgP8hCCZ-Co5AA_sqM8YgeBo93P1a5hYpxmyFb0cUb4iHNDN70JcGRY58y8osmY_IjFhrToU_JEHVVgNiw2FYRDmRYkZyPcj5KnY0WdNWMv8RGU28vZkI79QxwDJpUbVO9_H0fRYI2oBf83XOBPxapJ9BhcIoE90xnnWzu6QZD75z52b5dxVT77Pn-LilU8rld7t54_N_X_oqhQ8FKbk-C2k_rk43DcjJGCvIkEcg5Se57SuUjCQiiUSNTAeaaHH8qGJn58dKf6n5BiQOvujAd58J8KpVFMcKD-5KPLO0ybDPGvPQEwYie5MdoHQeA0Y40vPl09dEpmv686i2AbNj-aXv3_Hg7PuygXFIDyokhF9kZSlXAeJG7YqpMmEmGKNd6SyXLkz9dTFaEleSwvGDP7tBzOx-rni1-0HrODUL4j79MguRlN5dw1TQpakSqJR9gJPOytonqkeyh6_TpNf78RV7aHqCDAI_nX4bKhzqTYxdSvplx6s6D7kqrLfWebLMTGUhSFBZFFy1Ik6Rn5ToBRbJX3dzX7B9GGA=w842-h290-no

Regards,
Baba
AndyLaode

POSTER_ID:16938505

Send a message
Last edited by AndyLaode on Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
andylaode (andylaode@outlook.com)
okay, mate, see you on the road and on the map too, cheers

Post by AndyLaode
yes, true. but the thing is, if the nodes can be copied from one segment to the other, the minor imperfection can be corrected manually. it is much better than having to adjust it manually.
AndyLaode
Send a message
andylaode (andylaode@outlook.com)
okay, mate, see you on the road and on the map too, cheers

Post by jm6087
From my experience, the nodes would not be symmetrical. Generally the inner curved segment will have their nodes a little closer together and the outter curved segment.
jm6087
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by YanisKyr
I'm going to follow this thread!

I've thought about this many times :) Two segments look a lot better in WME and in the app when their nodes are symmetric. It's a lot of work and hundreds of clocks to try an achieve this manually so it would be awesome if a script could help.
YanisKyr
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... r-N-N5.gif
Coordinator & Booster for Cyprus | CM for Ireland | GC for the entire world