Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

[SCRIPT] WME Spreadsheet Worker

Post by FastestBeef
This is a script to make working spreadsheet campaigns (Like the current RRC one) easier. Rather than clicking links and reloading WME each time, this will load up the sheet data and you can just go directly to the next one.

You will need to get an API key for Google Sheets.
  1. Go to Google Cloud Console
  2. Select create a project
  3. Give it any name you want and click create
  4. Click create credentials -> API Key
  5. Click Dashboard on the left
  6. Click enable APIs and Services
  7. Find Google Sheets API and click it
  8. Click Enable.
  9. Done. You should be able to use the script. It may take a few minutes for the changes to take effect
You will still need to update the sheet to mark each row done, but this still makes it much easier.

It is still in very early stages of development, and I am working on it actively. I just wanted to make it available for people to use now.

If you have a sheet that you want me to add to the script, just send me a link and I can add it in.

If you have any questions or feedback, please let me know.
FastestBeef
State Manager
State Manager

POSTER_ID:17143208

Send a message

Post by jalondon628
ojlaw wrote:thank you for the awesome tool! would it be possible to add an option that could let editors use this script with their own sheets? like WAL scans. or add their own campaign? thank you for your consideration.
This! Please this!
jalondon628
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message
Joel London (jalondon628)
US Country Manager
US South Central Region multi-state manager (Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Texas)
Based in Dallas, TX

https://s.waze.tools/s0500.png

Post by JustinS83
Helps to post a link to the script :lol:
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

ldriveskier
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 4
Send a message

Post by ojlaw
thank you for the awesome tool! would it be possible to add an option that could let editors use this script with their own sheets? like WAL scans. or add their own campaign? thank you for your consideration.
ojlaw
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by ojlaw
Screen Shot 2020-05-09 at 2.03.58 PM.png
keyboard shortcut not working
(19.23 KiB) Downloaded 324 times
would it be possible to make the keyboard shortcuts selection work? my N key is not working for next and when i try to change it in the keyboard shortcuts menu nothing happens. thank you.

edit: for what it's worth i tried doing this with SW as the only script/ extension installed
ojlaw
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by RichardPyne
Very useful tool. One more feature request would be a re-center button. I'm finding that I often need to move away from the original point to fix other map issues, then find my way back to the original place.
RichardPyne
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
Feature request: Is there a way that after a Campaign & "Filter State" (if any) is selected, that there could be a link that would open the actual spreadsheet in another tab? I know which sheet it's using in order for "Next" to work. :-) So any chance a link could be added to make it easier for us to get to said sheet to mark when something has been completed/verified?
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message