Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by the1who
Wow, this script just made my night...though I enjoyed manually editing....I think I'll give my fingers a break with this, and to that, I thank you!
the1who
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message
Global and US Champ, USA PLN A/RC Emeritus, Nevada State Manager and US Country Manager
Android Beta Leader
Direct E-mail: vegas.waze@gmail.com

Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra - 14.0 | Waze 4.100

Post by the1who
I have run into probably one instance of this issue. I had a red u-turn restriction highlighted node. I hit q on it, it made the ramp that connected to it, which was one-way, turn two way. Even if I went to the ramp and made it one-way again, the node still wanted to be corrected. So I had to correct the node...then correct the ramp (saving each single item) and then I had a reverse connection because it was 2-way to 1-way and then when I corrected the reverse connection, all was well from there. Just didn't know if anyone mentioned a problem like that or not. I have also seen it make unkowns into 2-ways...which in general, is fine I think for say neighborhood streets. I haven't skimmed enough through this thread but those were the quirks I ran into.
the1who
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message
Global and US Champ, USA PLN A/RC Emeritus, Nevada State Manager and US Country Manager
Android Beta Leader

Post by the1who
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:It should only change dead end segments to 2-way.
Well I didn't know that part of it too, but realizing it the more I use it, which is a great resource for that in neighborhoods.

But I did have one instance where it changed a ramp off a freeway to a road from the one-way to two-way.

I'll keep paying close attention to the one-way streets/ramps I come across here through the weekend for more.
the1who
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message
Android Beta Leader

Post by the1who
Ok you got me there... I'll go refresh myself :) But I was highly recommended to use this script, so I just loaded it and started playing around. :D
the1who
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message
Android Beta Leader

Post by theMadcabbie
SAR85 wrote:
serega_12 wrote:Getting the following error:
The page at https://www.waze.com says:
WME junction node fixer has failed to load due to API check: W.map
What can I do to fix it?
What was the outcome to this error? I am finding it again today.

M
theMadcabbie
Send a message
Mark
theMadcabbie
I've now returned to the NHS and nursing - So editing time is limited
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... Rank_5.pnghttps://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... Tester.pnghttps://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... _Badge.png
AM for Thames Valley / Sierra Leone & Ghana / Isle of Man / Scotland, Shetlands and Outer Scottish Islands :evil:

https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... IPIain.png R I P Iain House - Oct 2021

Post by Timbones
As this script is not packaged for Chrome, there's no way to specify what permissions it has, hence the ominous-looking warning message you see when adding it to Chrome. All scripts from UserScripts will have that message.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 2
Send a message
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Closure Monitor
Scripts: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route TesterWME Geometries

Post by Timbones
OyyoDams wrote:Wrong: you can publish up to 20 extensions for free. The rest is true ;)
I'm pretty sure I had to pay. Maybe it depends on your country? Anyway, it's not much.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by Timbones
Could you make it DISable dead-end U-turns in the UK? We have asked Waze to disable all of them for us. Thanks.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by Timbones
Our position in the UK is that all U-turns should be disabled, whether they're on then end of a dead-end or not. Noam has acknowledged our special situation in one of the Beta threads: [restricted link]
redviper26 wrote:The situation in the UK is unique, and we did disable U-turns there following the community's request. For other countries, U-turns should be left as they are, and we intend to enable them in the future.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by Timbones
Murilo-Carvalho wrote:I mean, when I click in a node [which has some issues, e.g. soft turn] which was highlighted by Validator, for instance, and then I press "q" nothing happens.
But, with the same node selected, I can see in the left panel the link by JNF "Automatically fix node (Q)"
And, when click on this link, JNF does it job and fix the node perfectly.
This link is put in by Color Highlights script, and clicking on it activates the JNF functionality. Pressing the 'Q' key should do the same thing.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message