Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by sketch
Fredo-p wrote:Just a heads up. On Chrome, both the old and new verssion are being displayed and could be confusing for some.

If anyone was to do a Google search for "Junction Node Fixer" they are taken to the old version.
Oyyo needs to remove the old version from there... now that JNF is Chrome store native. Oyyo put it there as a simpler solution for users who weren't familiar with Chrome developer mode after Chrome made the switch to require dev mode for non-store extensions.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:

Post by sketch
Taco909 wrote:Suggestion for JNF (and the version incorporated into Toolbox):

Make the "8" and "9" keys hotkeys that, when two segments are selected, changes the junction geometry to 180 (8) or 90 (9) degrees if it is within, say 10 degrees.

This could be particularly helpful with the recent changes in TTS routing. While I have not encountered any problems (I believe I have received "stay" instructions where I did not before), I've seen a couple of junctions where it seems that, if TTS is ignoring "natural path" is might issue a "stay to the right" for both of the possible directions for a junction on a curve.... IE: "Natural path" being 5 degrees right and exit being 35 degrees right.
That's not how the prompt scheme works. The only turn angle that matters is 45°. Once you have more than one segment within ±45° of straight ahead, Waze looks at primary name, alt name (as of recently), and road type to determine whether you get an instruction, then relative angle of the out segments to determine which instruction you get (left or right); then if it's "right" it checks the relative type of the in-out pair to determine which instruction you get (exit vs. stay).

The segments could be at 42° and 43° degrees to the right and it'd still say "stay to the left" for the 42° segment (it's to the left of the other segment).

The only thing that's changed is that it now looks at alt names, rather than only at primary name and road type, to determine whether you get an instruction (i.e., what the "best continuation" is).
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
Yo, CWS is still showing 0.0.9.3 and after forcing updates in the Extensions panel JNF still doesn't work in beta.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
TB is in progress. A few days probably. Needs to be tested but most of us are out for the holidays.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
BellHouse wrote:Just to be sure: which version of JNF are you running? I am not aware that the current 0.0.9.6 produces any button "Automatically fix node (Q)".
That's not a button, but it is text suggesting that you tap 'Q' on the keyboard to fix.
Not exactly. It's a link. Provided by WMECH when a node with a highlighted soft turn, revcon, etc. is selected, if JNF is installed. Clicking it performs the JNF function on that node.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
taco909 wrote:. . . if you have Toolbox installed in Firefox, you have all JNF functionality.
With one exception: Toolbox removed the feature that enables dead-end U turns when using JNF on the other end of a dead-end segment.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
bgodette wrote:Enabled if you want the new U-Turn instruction to work if Waze starts you out pointed the wrong way on a dead-end or if you drive into a dead-end (car-pool).
Or if you want to be able to set a stop point on any of those dead ends.

Waze staff has told us they were supposed to all be enabled automatically, but it still hasn't happened.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
By contrast, IMO, the same-node-segments bug would require a much deeper change than the addition of a dead-end U turn penalty to the routing server or a delay in post-save segment data loading to WME – presumably, you'd need to change the way the app parses and displays a route and the way the routing server describes the route to the app – so I have no qualms continuing to edit around it.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
kentsmith9 wrote:I have only noticed the Toolbox adding the extra node to prevent loops when you select that button to perform that task. I seem to recall the Q function (or maybe I am confusing the W doing that) used to do that under Toolbox, but maybe I was mistaken that JNF was still doing it on its own at that time.
JNF does this on its own as well.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message