Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by timbucks
iainhouse wrote:
doctorkb wrote:It depends on your jurisdiction.
+1

In the UK, the vast majority of currently enabled u-turns appear on single segment streets at junctions where u-turns are physically impossible. I suspect that they have all been created by users effectively doing a 3-point turn at the junction using one of the connected segments - all within too small a space for GPS resolution to see what's happened. Waze then soft-enables a u-turn.

The result is that the client will (if it wants to turn the driver around), try to route them to do a u-turn where none is possible. Of course another issue is that the client can't actually give a u-turn instruction yet, but that's a whole other discussion. ;)

At the few junctions (compared to the total number of them) where u-turns might be possible, they're specifically forbidden more often than not. That's simply because our ancient UK roads don't normally have wide enough carriageways or dividers to make it easy to do. From a UK perspective (and I fully understand that this does not apply worldwide), I would far rather JNF removed u-turns and I had to put them back afterwards - it would be the most efficient way to work here.

I'm sure we'd miss enabling some u-turns that are OK, but MPs and URs will help to alert us to the realistically small number that are actually legal here.
I'd better stop turning round like that then! Maybe if the client just said "turn around when safe and legal" rather than using the phrase u-turn. To me a u-turn is any manoeuvre that gets you facing back on yourself (reversing into a side street and then driving out is a u-turn in all but name)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
timbucks
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by turbomkt
Q with JNF / Toolbox was Q and W combined from native WME, IIRC.
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 17
Send a message
--Mike
RC for Northwest Region (NWR Discord)
ARC for Southwest Region (SWR Discord)

Post by turbomkt
I guess if I look...
bgodette wrote:
Hooks into replaces 'q' (Disable All Turns) and does these actions on the selected node:
  • Enables U-Turn and locks all turns at dead-end nodes. Changed Behavior
  • Fixes any self and reverse connectivity issues
  • Converts single node roundabouts (lollipops) and loops into a three segment loop. Any existing house numbers will be associated with the middle segment and MUST BE EDITED after save to update their stop point.
  • If two or more segments are connected to the same two segments, it will split one of them. Same rules as SameNode.js bookmarklet.
  • Terminates dead-ends
  • Makes dead-ends two-way (only if both ends of the segment are visible)
  • Sets the Type of a roundabouts using lowest of two highest rule and sets country/state if needed
  • For UK sets Type of roundabouts using highest type excluding Freeway rule.
  • Removes revcon (turns into wrong-direction of one-way), and selfcon (U-Turns at non-dead ends). Once the app has real support for U-Turns selfconf will be left alone
  • Locks all turns at selected node.
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 17
Send a message
--Mike
RC for Northwest Region (NWR Discord)
ARC for Southwest Region (SWR Discord)

Post by vectorspace
bgodette,

This is a great script that solves so many things and can be used in so many ways while editing for various reasons. Great work. Thank you. I think Waze should adopt this into the editor itself, but only as something that can be activated by sophisticated users.

The only determent I have found is that one could go wild just squashing red arrows, or perhaps forget and use it in the wrong place, and many times around divided roads, highway ramps, and the like, those red arrows are really necessary to impose valid turn restrictions.
vectorspace
Send a message
vectorspace

Post by vectorspace
bgodette wrote:
vectorspace wrote:The only determent I have found is that one could go wild just squashing red arrows, or perhaps forget and use it in the wrong place, and many times around divided roads, highway ramps, and the like, those red arrows are really necessary to impose valid turn restrictions.
Well since it doesn't change existing turn restrictions, I don't see how that's a problem.
You're absolutely right, I misspoke. This is not something to do with the node fixer script. I was thinking of the broader issue of someone pressing "qw" all over the place... a general issue for the full editor comment I was trying to express. I could see how an uninformed editor could wipe out valid turn restrictions without knowing it.
vectorspace
Send a message
vectorspace

Post by vectorspace
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
esochan wrote:There seems to be an issue with JNF0.0.7.5 today. With it on, I cannot enable/disable individual turn restrictions. With it off, I have no problems doing so.

Is anyone else having this problem?
Nope. I was editing on both infrastructures this morning with no problems. I'll clear cache and check again later.
Yes -- Same thing here. I just reported it in the beta editor forum as a likely code change with the beta code because the JNF code did not change. See my post there. I just now found out that it is not working in the regular editor (not beta) as well, so maybe Waze updated both the beta and regular code to cause a problem with JNF. It is not just the code, but the accurate display of turn restriction arrows.

In addition, I found out that for a dead-end segment with no end junction, JNF does not work any longer in adding an end junction and making the road two-way. This was one of the coolest features, along with splitting a loop without nodes. I don't know of the loop without nodes feature works.

Only difference is that this just happened to me today. Back on the 18th everything was fine.

Ugh... this is like being paralyzed in editing efficiency!
vectorspace
Send a message
vectorspace

Post by Webs101
I've read this thread three times and being new to this extension, I still can't figure it out.

Does 0.0.8.2 fix lollipop loops or not? If so, how do you do it? I can't figure it out by playing with it.
Webs101
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 7
Send a message
https://shitcafe.com/waze/waze-sig.png
Global champ from Canada

Post by Webs101
Okay, how do you do it in Tools?
Webs101
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs