Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by jasonh300
Timbones wrote:Our position in the UK is that all U-turns should be disabled, whether they're on then end of a dead-end or not. Noam has acknowledged our special situation in one of the Beta threads: [restricted link]
I fail to see how the situation is unique in the UK. What is different there than anywhere else?
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
WaseYves wrote:Would be nice if we have the option of changing to an other key.
Instead of take over the "Q" key :?:
Why? There's not much reason to ever disallow all turns.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
Here's something I just discovered after continually getting the popup message that JNF had failed the API check. I went as far as to disable JNF and still got the message. I discovered that at some point, I had installed JNF into Tampermonkey and it was still active. If you're trying to use JNF from the Chrome Web Store, and you have Tampermonkey installed, make sure that it's been disabled from there.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
randcon wrote:I found that I had the script in TamperMonkey, too, and it was giving me fits. Finally removed it and had 9.1 installed. Then 9.2. Still wasn't working right and getting the API errors. Tried everything. Even un-installed chrome and all extensions and started from scratch. Added the toolbar and got JNF wouldn't load and API error. I'd not even installed JNF.

I'm thinking of switching to FF. Lost everything to have it still not work. <grumble>
Try to disable tamper monkey completely. Then uninstall all instances of JNF in the Extensions. Then install 0.0.9.2 from Chrome Web store. See what happens.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Jay91150
Is there any possibility in getting JNF updated to "fix" 'same endpoints drivable segments' in a similar fashion to how it fixes self-connecting loops, so that I can just hit one node of a 'same endpoints' with the 'qw' key combination and it'll automatically break the segment in question into two? Or is there another script/extension (for Chrome please :)) that will do that?

It'd save me a huge amount of time getting rid of thousands of these segments in my city, rather than drawing a road intersecting the segment and then deleting it.
Jay91150
Send a message

Post by Jay91150
Brilliant, thanks :)

For ditchi56 - as for which one to break up, I'd suggest the longest one, and if they are of exactly the same length, the tie-breaker could be either one (pick the lower-numbered, or higher-numbered, and do that one consistently).
Jay91150
Send a message

Post by Jay91150
It hadn't occurred to me that some of these would have differing road types, thanks for pointing that out. Overwhelmingly the ones I'm having to deal with are roads which are essentially large square loops. Here's an example.
Jay91150
Send a message

Post by Jay91150
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
olestas wrote:So how about splitting in halves same connection segments?
You mean ensuring 3-part loops?

I suspect they mean what I posted in post 241.
Jay91150
Send a message

Post by Jay91150
RodNav wrote:
Dev0 wrote:BTW: Will this get into the Chrome store? I heard something about that we won't be able to install scripts from outside of the Chrome store anymore.
It's just got worse. When I opened the editor, Chrome told me that extensions that are not from the Web Store have been disabled, and cannot be renabled! :o

So Google is starting to have a monopoly mentality.
That happened to me yesterday. I had to figure out how to add JNF the scripting way (which is needlessly complicated and more risky IMO).
Jay91150
Send a message

Post by JimmyK1
masvbr wrote:I updated to 0.0.8.2 with FF v27.0 and it doesn't work.
Error message: WME Junction Node Fixer has failed to load due to API check: Waze.map :(

What is wrong?
Same here. Its been like that for the past few days.
I'm using the editor at https://www.waze.com/editor/ and not in a Developer mode. (as mentioned in previous pages).
Nevertheless i even did try to add the
// @include https://*.waze.com/*/editor/*
but that didnt work either.
JimmyK1
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Global Champ | Greece Country Manager
Map Editing | Junction Style Guide | FAQ