Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by SiewMeng98
bgodette wrote:JNF was masking the stale data issue that causes segments to show not having an elevation after save, it was removed because they took steps to actually solve it. Still not solved but it's a lot closer than where it was when it was still masking the issue.

Same goes with dead ends, having them disabled is just masking any potential issues with what is supposed to be working correctly, so it's time to remove the band-aid.
Whilst editing, we just have to take extra precaution, to just browse through the segments that we had just edited to ensure that the elevation is at ground and the dead ends are disabled.

I am sure in time this would be rectified by the development team.

Special Thanks to 'bgodette' and the Development Team that we have such a powerful script to use whilst editing.

Kudos to the development Team and Keep up the Excellent Work.

Looking forward to JNF V0.0.9.7

Cheers.
SiewMeng98
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message
Last edited by SiewMeng98 on Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wong Siew Meng
Ex-Area Manager | Kuala Lumpur, Johor Area & Singapore

https://s.waze.tools/beta.pnghttps://tinyurl.com/mkae5noimages/ranks/Mentor_Badge_63px.pngimages/ranks/BetaTester_Badge.png

Using IPhone 6+ on IOS 13.4.1
Waze in Malaysia ; Waze Singapore

Post by sketch
To avoid further confusion, I posit that the accepted language for turns should be "allowed" and "restricted." Using "enabled" can lead to confusion—"is the turn 'enabled', or is the restriction 'enabled'?" The word refers more to the state of a control rather than anything in reality.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by sketch
drive4fun2me wrote:it would be great if JNF could also automatically add u-turn at the end of the dead-end road, as obviously there has to be a way to get out of a dead end road :)
This isn't actually a good idea. You don't want U turns at the end of dead end roads, generally.

I've seen, personally and in the forums, instances where routing will think going down a dead-end and turning around at the end is better than finding some other legal route.

If you're going the wrong way down a dead-end, Waze will give you a route line and tell you to proceed to the highlighted route, basically.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:

Post by sketch
bgodette wrote:
PhantomSoul wrote:If so, I hope it's only available to CMs.
??? the only side effects of the currently released version vs what an editor should be doing are:

It will disable U-Turns, which may not be desirable in certain areas. But since there's still no client support, it's not desirable for a driver unfamiliar with the area to have them to begin with. This has been the case since JNF's first release.

It doesn't split one side of a two segment loop/eye.

It doesn't handle parking lot/private stubs that only connect to the main road and nothing else that are one-way and converts them to two-way.
The difference is that it's fair to assume that someone going node-by-node will be checking each node before JNFing it, whereas someone mass-JNFing all nodes in view will almost certainly be doing so without checking each node. (The toolbox mass-JNF tool is available to me, yet I use it very sparingly for this reason.)

JNF fixes soft turns. A mass-JNF tool has the potential to harden a lot of incorrect soft turns in areas that haven't yet been edited properly (you'd be surprised—a lot of the Detroit area is still like this). These are areas where turns should remain soft so the merger process can go about enabling more of them, and so editors are alerted to the presence of these areas.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
PhantomSoul wrote:The vast majority of subdivision neighborhoods all over NJ still have soft turn rules. Any changes made with JNF automatically harden soft rules at any junctions edited with its Q keystrokes. The result is that when Waze receives conflicting data against a hard rule, it creates an MP, vs with a soft rule it just might change it. Frankly, I think urban and suburban subdivisions are far easier to manage like this.
Well, I mean, the whole point of soft turns is to have a way for the editor to know which junctions haven't been completely edited. Running JNF on all of them obviates the purpose of soft turns entirely.

An MP may alert you to an incorrectly-set turn, but a soft turn can alert you to an incorrectly-set turn without anyone ever having to drive through it.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
ArlenBystander wrote:I am getting the following error on the beta version of WME for the USA:

Code: Select all

WME Junction Node Fixer has failed to load due to API check: wazeModel
I'm running the latest version of Chrome for MacOS and version 0.0.7.6 of JNF. FYI, I do not see the error on the regular version of WME.
Look in the WME beta testing forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
doctorkb wrote: Also, wmet now has all the JNF code builtin... Doesn't need JNF loaded.
Toolbox's creator has stated that the built-in JNF code is there to provide necessary functionality to Toolbox and isn't a full substitute for having JNF itself installed. In other words, it's a removal of the requirement to install JNF before using Toolbox, but not a guarantee that everything JNF does will be done by Toolbox alone.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
Mike-1323 wrote:
olestas wrote:Why do I often get "WME Junction Node Fixer has failed to load due to API check: waze.map" message? It happens like in 40% time. And almost always when opening Editor for first time.
I think that has something to do with being logged in to the editor. If you're not logged in the splash screen appears and no map data is loaded. The info that JNF is looking for isn't there so it throws an error. If you log in and reload the page it doesn't throw the error. If you reload the page without logging in the error pops up.

At least that's my conjecture based on experience.
I get the error sometimes when already logged in, actually. I'm not sure what the problem is, but I believe it started happening only after I installed the Chrome Web Store version.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
kentsmith9 wrote:Might have been from the editor update on Sunday? I think I saw a similar message this morning, but I thought it was the one we get periodically that does not seem to affect anything.
Nah, I've been getting the same message occasionally for a couple weeks. I imagine it's because JNF loads too quickly—before WME has a chance to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
CBenson wrote:
bgodette wrote:[It's been fixed for a while Jason. It's likely been working as it does today since sometime between January (when they talked about it indirectly in DA/RI) and April when we got the answer to a direct question in person with the two authorities on routing.
I agree with Jason. I still see URs with routes that pass easier ways to U-turn and seek out dead ends for the U-turn. I've sent a few for review (like here), but never get any feedback and then UR gets closed.
Why would staff look in the wiki updates forum for feedback?

If you submitted it to the form, it should be in the responses. I see Jason's from Memphis in there. The comment says they're working on a fix.

We will never get to all the dead-end U turns in the country even if we try. Let Waze fix it like they say they will. It's out of our hands.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message