Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by CTGreybeard
Got it! Apparently I had hit "a" at some point. Which dims the turn arrows. And I guess it's "sticky" because it persists across browser starts. Why turning off the script "fixed" it I have no idea but at least I've got the function back in Chrome.
CTGreybeard
Send a message

Post by CTGreybeard
paulkok_my wrote:Agreed. So in order for JNF to work, one of the turns MUST be allowed in order for it to work. :D
I don't think so. Try this:

Create a new segment that attaches to an existing segment. It naturally does NOT have and end-node that JNF would add.

Click the junction node where the new segment attaches to the existing road.

DISALLOW All Turns.

Check each of the three segments that No turns are allowed.

Highlight the new junction node and Press Q

JNF "fixes" the unterminated segment even though No Turns are allowed at the connecting node.

I'm not familiar with the old Cartouche interface but, from what I have been able to gather, that interface actually deleted turns when they were disallowed. This could lead to a node with no turn instances at all. And the script needed those turn instances to discover the problem segment. It appears that the current interface leaves disallowed turns in place but marks them as disallowed. Therefore the script has the turn instance to reference and can do its "magic" whether the turn is allowed or now, it's still listed at the node as a turn.
CTGreybeard
Send a message

Post by CTGreybeard
jasonh300 wrote:You keep mentioning the .crx. The current version is a *.user.js. There was a .crx version for that time period when Chrome had a bug that wouldn't allow the *.user.js scripts to work. Be sure you have the most current version before proceeding. http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/144939
Now you have me confused! In my Chrome I have always used the .crx version and I was under the impression that the .js would not work. AFAIK he supplies both the .js and the .crx for exactly that reason.
CTGreybeard
Send a message

Post by dacianova
Firefox users still nothing? Please solve for us :)
dacianova
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by dave3825us
I was using this with tampermonkey in chrome and under grease monkey in firefox. It worked great. For what ever reason, it has stopped working on both...
dave3825us
Send a message

Post by dave3825us
So now I have uninstalled and re-installed everything and its not working. Tamper-monkey and all scripts in chrome and the same with grease-monkey in firefox.

Is this jnf working for anyone else?
dave3825us
Send a message

Post by dave3825us
Alan,
how do I install it in chrome with out tmonkey? When I go to the script, its looking for tampermonkey.
If I save it and open with chrome, I get a message saying apps, and extensions can not be loaded from this site..

As to it not working, It used to display on the left side of my screen things like, this seg has 3 soft turns, press q to fix. It would also display red or yellow on the segments. It is no longer doing that..
dave3825us
Send a message

Post by dave3825us
Ok,
I figured how to get the scripts into chrome.
I have 2
Color Highlights and jnf. I am clicking on segs all over and its not telling me anything like it was the other day. I know there was many that displayed soft turns, u turns etc. Now I see nothing..
dave3825us
Send a message

Post by dave3825us
I am no longer using the newer highlights script{extended tools}. It did not display right in my chrome. It was uninstalled and the 1.5 ver is back in. No matter what I do it no longer tells me issues like it did the other day...
dave3825us
Send a message

Post by dave3825us
kentsmith9 wrote:I assumed if you had a pink node and you "Q" it then save and it is no longer pink that it was working, no? I have FF and JNF 7.6
Are you using grease monkey?
dave3825us
Send a message