Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by jasonh300
CTGreybeard wrote:Got it! Apparently I had hit "a" at some point. Which dims the turn arrows. And I guess it's "sticky" because it persists across browser starts. Why turning off the script "fixed" it I have no idea but at least I've got the function back in Chrome.
That was one of the features of JNF that it would keep the arrows in the same state from session to session. I think most editors keep them dimmed most of the time to avoid accidental clicks that aren't always obvious.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
paulkok_my wrote:
drive4fun2me wrote:I am running chrome and have crx version 0.0.7.7 but for some reason, I am unable to use it. I select a segment and press the "Q" on keyboard and nothing happens. Can someone please help.
If I'm not mistaken, you must have at least one turn arrow to be green in order for JNF to work.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4
If there are no green arrows, it should still set all the restricted turns as hard-restricted. But I can't think of any case where you'd want that.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
paulkok_my wrote:I came across some edits that no turn restrictions enabled for all directions and one of the segment does not have end node. When I click Q, JNF does not fix it. That's when I know JNF is telling me something is wrong with the turn restrictions.
What do you mean by "no turn restrictions enabled"? Turns are either restricted (red) or enabled (green).
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
drive4fun2me wrote:
drive4fun2me wrote:I am running chrome and have crx version 0.0.7.7 but for some reason, I am unable to use it. I select a segment and press the "Q" on keyboard and nothing happens. Can someone please help.
Thanks for many quick responses.

It seems that i was able to get the crx to work finally but there are 2 outstanding issues/questions. I would very much appreciate help.

1. Ever since I got JNF activated, the top of the WME bar (where you have the save button) disappears. So I can only see the bottom of the save button, but not the count of changes

2. In many instances, when you press the Q button. the JNF makes some changes in the immediate area. However, if I press Q again, it makes additional changes moving outward. Sometimes a third Q press will result in even more changes. What is going on
What changes are made when Q is pressed once
What changes are made when Q is pressed again
You keep mentioning the .crx. The current version is a *.user.js. There was a .crx version for that time period when Chrome had a bug that wouldn't allow the *.user.js scripts to work. Be sure you have the most current version before proceeding. http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/144939

Pressing Q twice shouldn't do anything beyond the first press of the Q.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
The need for the .crx version was temporary. I looked at the user scripts page and only saw one version. I personally know the user.js version works in chrome for me, so that's all I can offer. Bgodette may pop in and give some better info.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
lunarplexus wrote:So now that U-turns have been allowed on WME, can an option be added on JNF to NOT mess with activated u-turns when QWing?
Remember that as of right now, U-turns are still not properly functional.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
lunarplexus wrote:Ah. I didn't know that. How so? And even if they aren't, since they are now allowed, why not proactively add this feature?

Sent from my GT-I8552 using Tapatalk 4
There is no U-turn functionality in the client. *If* Waze decides to use one of these U-turns, which occasionally happens, no instruction is given, creating a situation that is even worse than not allowing U-turns at all.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
The request to not mess with the dead-end Uturns was given to the Waze champs in the Champs forum.

That being said, I think it's a ridiculous request and we've more than shown that enabled dead-end Uturns cause major routing problems and the developers have yet to fix the problem. The problems with enabled dead-end Uturns are far worse than the problems with them disabled (which I've never been able to duplicate).

But yes, Waze has made this request and we're expected to honor it and just hope an pray that they fix the problem on their end before everyone deletes the app and moves on to something else.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
They still seem to be baffled by the one that I reported about a month ago.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
bgodette wrote:
jasonh300 wrote:They still seem to be baffled by the one that I reported about a month ago.
Is it in DA?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
I put it in the spreadsheet, and the dev's response is that they're still trying to figure it out, but my original report was in a DA post that I made in my frustration at getting suckered into a dead-end in a foreign city (Memphis).
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message