Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by taco909
doctorkb wrote:Have you tried reordering them in GM?
That makes a difference?

Oh... can't anyway. Toolbox loads as an extension, not in GM.
JNF loads last in GM
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
doctorkb wrote:Hmm... I wouldn't surprise me if order matters -- if Toolbox loads and can't see the updated JNF, it'll probably puke out the API error.

From what you described, it sounds like JNF is working as designed.

We'll have to work on getting Toolbox to highlight these errors again. It's on the list. :)
Seems like it is.
I haven't tried any dead-end loops or self-connectivity yet... I was mainly focusing on the Recon issue.

So, if Toolbox is loading as an extension and JNF is loading through Greasemonkey, how can we push Toolbox to recognize that JNF has been updated?
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
Suggestion for JNF (and the version incorporated into Toolbox):

Make the "8" and "9" keys hotkeys that, when two segments are selected, changes the junction geometry to 180 (8) or 90 (9) degrees if it is within, say 10 degrees.

This could be particularly helpful with the recent changes in TTS routing. While I have not encountered any problems (I believe I have received "stay" instructions where I did not before), I've seen a couple of junctions where it seems that, if TTS is ignoring "natural path" is might issue a "stay to the right" for both of the possible directions for a junction on a curve.... IE: "Natural path" being 5 degrees right and exit being 35 degrees right.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
JJohnston84 wrote:I'm having an issue this morning where I can't edit any turns when running with JNF. Never had this before.
Toolbox, and likely JNF, were "broken" by Sunday morning's WME update.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
bgodette wrote:
taco909 wrote:
JJohnston84 wrote:I'm having an issue this morning where I can't edit any turns when running with JNF. Never had this before.
Toolbox, and likely JNF, were "broken" by Sunday morning's WME update.
JNF wasn't, because it was fixed for it on the 23rd. TB didn't update their internal copy.
Good to hear... that was the primary functionality that I used in TB
Most other TB items were simply time-savers like splitting segments, removing geometry, etc...

Though the roundabout tools were superb, and the ability to create a round road, while not impossible manually, a significant time saver. Same for rebuilding a roundabout without changing the approach/departure angles.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
Kinematic wrote:I saw on the Wiki Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools that this script would or could work with FireFox. I went to install it from Userscrpts. When loading WME I receive this error: WME Junction Node Fixer has failed to load due to API check: WCSAVE.controller" So for those who have gotten this to work on FireFox how have you done it? I've tried on FireFox Nightly with no success, big surprise. Any help or update to the script that would make it compatible with FireFox?
The standalone version of JNF was never officially updated to support Firefox after the round of WME updates last August. The Userscripts (mirror) version is old and not compatible with WME.
JNF code is now incorporated into the Toolbox code, so if you have Toolbox installed in Firefox, you have all JNF functionality.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
sketch wrote:
taco909 wrote:. . . if you have Toolbox installed in Firefox, you have all JNF functionality.
With one exception: Toolbox removed the feature that enables dead-end U turns when using JNF on the other end of a dead-end segment.
At the risk of topic drift... Is official policy currently that these are to be enabled or disabled?
I've spot checked some around my area and found that MOST are disabled.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
The same should also be true for any one-way loop road.
The "same endpoints" issue is with the routing server trying to determine which of the two segments to use running from point-A to point-B. There is no option with a one-way loop road... only if at least two segments are the same direction.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by Taxy57
Would be nice if we have the option of changing to an other key.
Instead of take over the "Q" key :?:
Taxy57
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 9
Send a message