Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by doctorkb
bgodette wrote:??? it just doesn't need updates that often. AFAIK WMET just calls JNF if it's present.
There was a rash of updates to everything here a week or two ago to correspond with some change to infrastructure. Don't know details, but didn't see JNF update.

Also, wmet now has all the JNF code builtin... Doesn't need JNF loaded.
doctorkb
Answers: 4
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
Apologies. I misunderstood OyyoDams' comment about the JNF functionality. I thought he had wrapped all of JNF's features in.
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
Arnoniem wrote:
imran222120 wrote:arno use tampermonkey to host the script
I did, and I don't like it. And that's a work-around, not a solution. ;)
Alternatively, a person could just tell you to use Firefox. Which "work around" would you prefer?

Personally, I wish URO+ and WMET could get along in TamperMonkey... much easier to have everything in one place and TM is better than the extensions area in Chrome.
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
Can I suggest that lower ranking be split before longer?

If the short segment is a parking lot, it should still be the one to get a penalty over a street...
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
bgodette wrote:
doctorkb wrote:Can I suggest that lower ranking be split before longer?

If the short segment is a parking lot, it should still be the one to get a penalty over a street...
FYI all this connected to same node fix does is deal with a display problem in WME when drawing the route proposed by Waze. There is no actual issue being fixed by this in terms of end-user experience or routing.
Ok -- but making the change (i.e. putting that node in there) can introduce a few things:
1. if it's on a corner (a likely place for a geometry node, where the junction would be created), there could suddenly be a "turn left" or "turn right" instruction when before there was none.

2. there will be an additional penalty introduced (at least until the routing engine gets better knowledge of traffic)

So does it not make sense to penalize the lower-classed street first?
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
bgodette wrote:There are no instructions when there are no alternatives. That's in the Wiki btw.
I *know* I have received instructions when the street names are different, even when there's no alternative.

That said, I understand that we're talking about the same street names -- that's not to say that one won't get edited at some point and the other not, resulting in different ones by accident.

I'm still not clear why this is an argument -- if you have a highway that takes a nice gentle curve, and a street that cuts it off, why should we be putting the extra node into the highway?

Nodes *do* reduce the traffic display and reporting (i.e. if you report heavy traffic, it is only for the node you're on... too many nodes and the "heavy traffic" looks to be a very short span, when in fact, it can be long).
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
Timbones wrote:Could you make it DISable dead-end U-turns in the UK? We have asked Waze to disable all of them for us. Thanks.
And if we're going to get on this -- Canada, too?
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
We've had really bad experiences with routing -- basically, when Waze wants to have a user turn around, with these dead-end segments having u-turns enabled, the user would be directed to turn down the street, turn around at the end, then go back the way they came.

Until Waze will respect a u-turn at any intersection (i.e. not just dead ends), it causes user complaints to have any of them turned on.
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
*shrug* - our standard has been to disable all u-turns, since none of them were enabled correctly to start with.

Having a tool that automatically "fixes" these against the published standard (yes, our wiki page says: "restrict all u-turns in Canada unless there is a sign outright permitting them") is not cool.
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
As a third option, you could just remove the functionality, as it's clearly a problem with some locales (not sure the UK's issue, but may be different)... and as you mention "simply wait until dead-end end nodes are removed from the model and are treated as always enabled by routing".
doctorkb
Send a message