Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by taco909
Is 0.0.9.x available for Firefox?
0.0.8.2 was the last version on Userscripts (and still on the mirror site linked in the Wiki)
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
I removed the script from my browser and I still get the error... Firefox/Greasemonkey.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
PHIL-IP63 wrote:Always no more news about a version for Firefox ? :cry:
I've moved to Chrome for editing.
Firefox is worthless now except as a place to store scripts that are either not downloadable (one or two of the chat tools are on servers that are down), or that I always have trouble finding the download links to because the author did not create a thread on the forum (or maybe because the potential for abuse is high so they were removed)
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
PHIL-IP63 wrote:It's your choice ;)
I prefer Firefox, I have extensions that don't exist for Chrome (not for Waze). :)
It's not my ideal solution, and the ONLY thing I do in Chrome is edit the map.
I've never cared for it and have no intention of using it as my regular browser.

The script issue is interesting. I had 100% success in copy-pasting my existing GM scripts into TM for the WME scripts that I could not locate to download, but when I try the same thing with JNF going from Chrome to GM it fails.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
james890526 wrote:
Taco909 wrote:
PHIL-IP63 wrote:It's your choice ;)
I prefer Firefox, I have extensions that don't exist for Chrome (not for Waze). :)
It's not my ideal solution, and the ONLY thing I do in Chrome is edit the map.
I've never cared for it and have no intention of using it as my regular browser.

The script issue is interesting. I had 100% success in copy-pasting my existing GM scripts into TM for the WME scripts that I could not locate to download, but when I try the same thing with JNF going from Chrome to GM it fails.
That's because you should be using the Chrome webstore extension instead of the GM script
I'm using the Chrome webstore versions of the scripts that I can find on the Chrome webstore.

That includes 7 of the 11 scripts that I was running with Firefox.

And As I said, those I have imported FROM Firefox TO Chrome have worked acceptably.
If I try to take the Chrome version of JNF that Doctorkb posted and paste it into GM for Firefox it does not update. I have no way of opening the Webstore version of the script to verify if it is the same one that he posted.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
doctorkb wrote:
Taco909 wrote:I have no way of opening the Webstore version of the script to verify if it is the same one that he posted.
I didn't do anything too magical.

I found wme-jnf.user.js in:
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\dhnjmbmlldgfomcdmflifibpappdadcm\0.0.9.3_0

I'm not sure if the extensions subfolder (dhnjm...) is randomly named or if it is specific to all JNF installations.
Regardless, it made no difference. There's got to be some difference in how it is processed that makes it incompatible with GM. There was no change at all in the warning popup and it did not begin working.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
doctorkb wrote:Yeah, I just tried it. It appears there's some substantial changes to the bootstrapping process between the two versions (0.8.2 and 0.9.3).

bgodette will have to decide to support FF/GM -- probably isn't too hard, but I don't understand the bootstrapping well enough to provide you with a patch.
Hopefully he will.
I suspect that things appear to be so dynamic at this point that he's not wanting to duplicate efforts the 4-5-6 times that are going to be needed by the time things settle down for WME.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
Thanks.
I'll give it a shot tonight.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
Yes and no.

I created a revcon situation and it did restrict the turns when I hit "Q"... but there is still no notification that the revcon exists.

I created a 4-street grid in 2 way, enabled all turns, then set the horizontal streets to one-way.
"Q" the nodes, back to 2-way, and the turns onto the previously restricted directions were disabled.

I then reactivated the turns and toggled the one-way and when I went back to 2-way, the turns were still enabled, so the revcon did not fix itself.

I shudder to think of the revcons we're going to find when toolbox/validator again detect them.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
doctorkb wrote:Keep in mind that JNF (to my recollection) never showed them... That's always been highlights or toolbox
Correct... I was hoping this might fix toolbox.
I was seeing them when Validator was my only script.

Oh... I still get the API error when I load the editor.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich