Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by asterix06
Thanks Gilles
asterix06
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-4L_o ... _small.pnghttps://s.waze.tools/gc.png
Iphone8+ Waze 4.43.0
Coordinator Waze Italy
Country Administrator Italy, CM China , CM Africa, Iran, Croatia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Turchia.
Forum Administrator

Post by beffl
I Hi!
I'm using the new Version 4.4 with its feature "lockrank". I really love it, as we now better downgrade our majors from L5 to L3.

The only thing what's not so nice is that

L1 is lockrank 0
L2 is lockrank 1
L5 is lockrank 4

I would preffer seeing the L1 as "1" and L5 as "5"

Thanks, for your great work,
Stefan
beffl
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by beffl
Would you please add in the header of the scipt the new editor url:

Code: Select all

// @include             <new url>
THX, Stefan
beffl
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by beffl
gohamstergo wrote:
beffl wrote:Would you please add in the header of the scipt the new editor url:

Code: Select all

// @include             <new url>
THX, Stefan
Talking to me? Already did that, still doesn't load.
Sorry .... it was a little bid unclear from my side .... I ment gdu1971 and wanted him to change the header of the script so that all can suffer from it.

Stefan
beffl
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by bgodette
TonyG-UK wrote:No. I've had a street go from two-way to one-way, simply because I was the only person driving down it, and I always drove in the same direction.
This is no longer the case as of about a month or so ago. Prior to that it was possible for *some* segments to still be under automatic direction updating even after having been manually edited. This now no longer happens once the segment has been edited again.

To reiterate, as of about a month ago, editing *any* property of a segment will now cause direction on that segment to become fixed.

The Wiki page here about locked roads is currently inaccurate. Locking segments hasn't had any influence on connectivity ever since turn locks were separated out more than a year ago, and has been controlled by fwdTurnsLocked and revTurnsLocked since.
davipt wrote:Also routes will prefer segments manually set to two-way over segments marked as unknown?
There's a routing time penalty for Unknown direction. Waze claimed 30 seconds per segment, real world testing indicates ~4 minutes.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
bz2012 wrote:suggested addition: 'fix broken nodes'.
Would be similar to 'suppress extra junctions' in that it would look at all nodes in the current screen but it would run the 'junction node fixer' on all revcons, softcons and u-turn nodes.

Has the potential to fix many problems without any down-side that I can see, off hand.
Down side is you're leaving any turn restrictions that should or should not be set unable to be updated by user drives. So unless you're going to guarantee that all turn restrictions are correct, this is a massively bad idea.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
bz2012 wrote:
bgodette wrote:
bz2012 wrote:suggested addition: 'fix broken nodes'.
Would be similar to 'suppress extra junctions' in that it would look at all nodes in the current screen but it would run the 'junction node fixer' on all revcons, softcons and u-turn nodes.

Has the potential to fix many problems without any down-side that I can see, off hand.
Down side is you're leaving any turn restrictions that should or should not be set unable to be updated by user drives. So unless you're going to guarantee that all turn restrictions are correct, this is a massively bad idea.
Won't WAZE continue producing Problem Reports when it sees drivers taking turns against arrows and down wrong way segments, asking us to check the area and verify things?
So you're going to scan 100% of NA every day?
bz2012 wrote:Granted, WAZE may stop (if it still currently does) changing the turn restrictions without asking for editor verification.
But that may be a good thing because drivers sometimes make illegal turns and people using WAZE in ways not intended like walking or biking can make WAZE 'think' the turn restrictions are wrong and change them, causing drivers to later be routed over illegal turns.
It requires a statistically significant number of events to open a soft restricted turn.
bz2012 wrote:Also, it is my understanding that a 'forbidden turn' is not really absolutely forbidden, the route is just given a low priority,
Only if the turn is soft and the alternatives are worse.
bz2012 wrote:WAZE still seems to send people along it, as evidenced by all the recent 'route not taken' reports in which drivers are being sent the wrong way down one way segments and down dead end streets.
That's only evidence of Waze running against the entire drive history to generate those automated problems, which has been covered many times.
bz2012 wrote:Might it not be best to remove these 'things' that are currently being blamed for the bad routes so that the REAL problems underlying the crazy routing can finally be tracked down and fixed?
Only if you're willing to say all turn restrictions in that area are correct, otherwise no.

Again, it's a really bad idea as it prevents a number of automated systems from working. So unless you want to take ownership of rechecking that area every few days, don't do it.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
porubcan wrote:if you use JNF on basemapped area, you would cause massive damage (by turning soft-restricted turns of basemap to hard-restricted), even it is not on one save, it still very dangerous. AFAIK this already happened in Belgium (if I remember correctly).
Uh no. If you touch any segment at all using just WME on basemap it disables all automatic processing including opening soft turns. Basically unless the last editor is Admin (-1) or undefined, automatic processing doesn't touch.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
CBenson wrote:
bgodette wrote:If you touch any segment at all using just WME on basemap it disables all automatic processing including opening soft turns. Basically unless the last editor is Admin (-1) or undefined, automatic processing doesn't touch.
I've never understood this. The soft turn indication doesn't mean that the automatic process is free to work. So if you edit a segment from which there are soft turns without editing the turns (say a mass name change), the effect on the restricted turns is that they will no longer change to open when waze finds tracks through them, so you are essentially locking them into the low penalty state until they are changed to hard turns by an editor?
Yes, which is why mass edits of segment properties is so disruptive and why mass-select features of Extended Tools and now Add-Ons was/is so reviled. It's counter productive to Waze's automatic processes for basemapped areas and forces everything to have be done by an editor at some point.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
porubcan wrote:
bgodette wrote:Uh no. If you touch any segment at all using just WME on basemap it disables all automatic processing including opening soft turns. Basically unless the last editor is Admin (-1) or undefined, automatic processing doesn't touch.
Wrong. Basically if there soft-turn (doesn't matter if soft-allowed or soft-restricted) exists on the junction it will remain soft until someone set it manually to hard. You may edit everything else on the segment (like geometry, city/street names, etc.), but this will not affect existing soft-turns at all.
Still no. As soon as a segment has been edited for *anything* it becomes off limits to the automated systems, this includes the turn restrictions, soft or not. Feel free to reconfirm that soft restricted turns from an edited segment do not get updated by drive analysis, all you'll get is an MP eventually.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message