Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by CBenson
davipt wrote:
TonyG-UK wrote:
davipt wrote: What do you mean fallacy? No of course I can't find the exact sentence on the wiki,
Then you shouldn't say the Wiki says so, cause it probably doesn't.
It's hard to search stuff on the wiki and forum. I do remember my discovery started with this post, but can't recall where I jumped from there on.
So what are you arguing about? What I wrote in the wiki on unknown directionality is here: http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Crea ... _Direction Is there some dispute regarding how unknown direction roads function? Or is this discussion about soft one-way roads?
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by CBenson
shawndoc wrote:For gated entrances in private communities where only residents can open the gates. You restrict the turn in so Waze doesn't direct guests through those limited access gates. If you separate the segment, you'll get missing road problem reports due to residents driving through the gate. For whatever reason, Waze is more likely to generate an auto report for that vs driving against the turn restriction.
I get plenty of auto reports for driving against turn restrictions. But the bigger issue I have with this recommendation is that it doesn't always work especially for large private campuses. Waze will route through the restricted turn if the route through the main gate is too much longer.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
The Junction Node Fixer does this doesn't it?
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
bgodette wrote:If you touch any segment at all using just WME on basemap it disables all automatic processing including opening soft turns. Basically unless the last editor is Admin (-1) or undefined, automatic processing doesn't touch.
I've never understood this. The soft turn indication doesn't mean that the automatic process is free to work. So if you edit a segment from which there are soft turns without editing the turns (say a mass name change), the effect on the restricted turns is that they will no longer change to open when waze finds tracks through them, so you are essentially locking them into the low penalty state until they are changed to hard turns by an editor?
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
bgodette wrote:
porubcan wrote:If you touch any segment at all using just WME on basemap it disables all automatic processing including opening soft turns. Basically unless the last editor is Admin (-1) or undefined, automatic processing doesn't touch.
Wrong. Basically if there soft-turn (doesn't matter if soft-allowed or soft-restricted) exists on the junction it will remain soft until someone set it manually to hard. You may edit everything else on the segment (like geometry, city/street names, etc.), but this will not affect existing soft-turns at all.
I'm hearing the two of you saying different non-contradictory things. If there is a soft-turn, yes it will remain soft until someone sets manually to hard. But if the segment has never been edited that soft-turn restriction is free to be automatically changed from soft restricted to soft enabled based on drive data. So editing a never before edited segment does affect the ability of a soft restricted turn to change to a soft enabled turns. But this editing does not affect the actual soft status of the turn restriction. Can you both be correct?
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
I'm obviously not well versed in the intricacies of soft turn restrictions, particularly in non-base mapped areas. So do any turns ever automatically update from restricted to allowed in a non-base mapped area?
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by ciamagno
Many scripts stopped working in the last few days. I am afraid this is one is in this list as well. :/
ciamagno
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by ciamagno
ciamagno wrote:Many scripts stopped working in the last few days. I am afraid this is one is in this list as well. :/
Forget my last message, i just clean the cache and came back to life... :P
ciamagno
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by cybernissart
Hi Gilles,

Can you detail the changes done by the Clean Roundabout feature ?
It looks like every RP need a clean action, as it seems to modify them.
Is it removing street name and similar ? Changing some soft turn ?

As per my Suggestion posted on SVN page, I asked if possible to enable a 'Suppress Extra Jonctions' on roundabout as well, as some are having extra nodes, or we introduce lots when changing RP from Y mode to straight street node.
As manipulation of Roundabout is very sensitive, it would greatly help to clean junctions as well to improve them.
cybernissart
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message
L5 CM France ° Nissa e basta !

Post by dbwiddis
porubcan wrote:to forum moderators: wouldn't it be useful to make this topic sticky?
or maybe create sub-forum for scripts? just to have all WME extensions tided in one place.
https://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Com ... _and_Tools
dbwiddis
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message