Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by jasonh300
gohamstergo wrote: Edit: UR Icons still not changing properly based on 'Open/Solved/Not Identified' on .44
This needs to be made a priority, especially with the new UR communication features that are present in the beta. When that goes live, it's going to be very important to be able to see different icons for URs.

Via my iPhone 4S
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
gohamstergo wrote:
beffl wrote:Would you please add in the header of the scipt the new editor url:

Code: Select all

// @include             <new url>
THX, Stefan
Talking to me? Already did that, still doesn't load.
How do you edit a .crx file? I thought the whole point of those is that you can't edit them.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jondrush
Are the columns in the segment list supposed to be sortable? Mine won't sort when I click on them. This is in FF 10.
jondrush
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jondrush
kentsmith9 wrote:
jondrush wrote:This is in FF 10.
Buddy! TIme to upgrade. We are on FF 19 now. FF 10 was about 15 days ago. :mrgreen:
I'm now on FF 17 and columns still don't sort. No one else sees this?
jondrush
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jwkilgore
Would it be possible to modify the script such that the STATE is editable from the "Properties" menu? I thought this would be an easy way to quickly track down and eliminate THIS PROBLEM (incorrect state names on minor unnamed private roads), but I have to zoom in so far to pick the private roads it's taking forever and I'm pretty sure I'm missing some. If I could create a temporary large landmark, select all in it, and change all states to the correct state, this would greatly speed up the task.

For what it's worth, I'm not just trying for quick points here. There are lots of these mis-categorized roads, but they are miles and miles apart. I've yet to change more than a dozen or so at a time.
jwkilgore
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/7/76/W ... 00k_4c.png
Jason Kilgore
iPhone 5c
Area Manager: Mississippi and Tennessee

Post by jwkilgore
If it can't be done, it can't be done.

I took a drive to south Mississippi back in October, which is where I first came across the (apparently well known) wrong-state issue. I've been working on trying to squash all the wrong state roads in the area where I drove before I lose the ability to edit there in a few weeks. It's horrendously slow going. I just started using this script so it's sped up, but still I'm quite sure I'm missing lots of roads as I pan around at zoom level 4. *All* the roads I'm interested in are outside city limits, so that doesn't apply (anything that has a City name attached to it also has the correct state).

My current process is: Grab a Segment List at Zoom 4. The only visible column is the State. Highlight everything that shows up "Louisiana", change to "Mississippi" (city is always "Null" for these roads), Apply, and Save. Pan to next spot and repeat.

Incidentally, I already realized that even if you do add the ability to edit states (without changing city or street names), I can't do what I originally proposed. Because it really doesn't "select all inside landmark". It seems to grab random streets in and outside the view area, but definitely not "all".
jwkilgore
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/7/76/W ... 00k_4c.png
Jason Kilgore
iPhone 5c
Area Manager: Mississippi and Tennessee

Post by kentsmith9
bgodette wrote:The Wiki page here about locked roads is currently inaccurate. Locking segments hasn't had any influence on connectivity ever since turn locks were separated out more than a year ago, and has been controlled by fwdTurnsLocked and revTurnsLocked since.
I started a Wiki thread here to discuss the change since I am not 100% certain I know what should be changed.

(Edit: We have completed that thread discussion.)
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
I don't know about the prior versions, but 0.42 appears to have a problem with the "Suppress Unnecessary Junctions". When I select it the roads that have junctions that I can remove manually are not selected nor removed.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
kentsmith9 wrote:I don't know about the prior versions, but 0.42 appears to have a problem with the "Suppress Unnecessary Junctions". When I select it the roads that have junctions that I can remove manually are not selected nor removed.
I might have had a browser tab out of sync because I am no longer having trouble that I can isolate on this feature. It appears to be working fine.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
jondrush wrote:This is in FF 10.
Buddy! TIme to upgrade. We are on FF 19 now. FF 10 was about 15 days ago. :mrgreen:
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message