[Script] WME Add-Ons V0.45 ==> Features moved in WME Toolbox

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Add-Ons

Postby iainhouse » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:48 pm

harling wrote:I assume you mean to re-use the same tab that was used for the previous "Open in...", and not the same tab as WME!

That is what I meant. :) If others would find the change inconvenient, I certainly wouldn't mind being turned down.

Alternatively, "re-use tab" could be a customisable option, but I understand that that would not be as simple: storage for the option, UI to set/change it, code to accommodate all that. I'd still like that option, but I won't shed any tears if gdu1971 has more important things to do! ;)
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby harling » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:15 pm

iainhouse wrote:Request for a minor change to the "Open in" functionality. Is it possible to have the links always use the same browser window/tab, rather than having a new one created each time?

I assume you mean to re-use the same tab that was used for the previous "Open in...", and not the same tab as WME!

Even so, I can think of many times when I have wanted to use the "Open in..." feature for more than one location at a time. This change would mean that I would first have to go to the first page and open the permalink in a new tab, if I didn't want to lose it when opening the second. As it stands, if I don't care about an earlier tab it's easy enough to close it manually.
harling

Postby iainhouse » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:46 pm

Request for a minor change to the "Open in" functionality.

Is it possible to have the links always use the same browser window/tab, rather than having a new one created each time? For example, if I use the "Live Map" link it will open in a new tab. If I then use the link later without having closed the first Live Map tab, I will get a second Live Map tab.

From a quick look at some Javascript documentation for window.open, the second parameter name specifies the window name. Perhaps you could use the name of the link in here to persuade tab re-use?
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby AlexN-114 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:33 am

CBenson wrote:The Junction Node Fixer does this doesn't it?

Not for the screen, "only" for the streets with are connected with the selected node. ;)
AlexN-114
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby CBenson » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:05 am

The Junction Node Fixer does this doesn't it?
CBenson
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby kodi75 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:26 am

davipt wrote:Now about the dead end roads it would indeed be nice to have waze automatically set them to two-ways and add the node at the end, instead of the effort editors need to do to fix them up and specially when it requires extra scripts to detect and fix them.

Is there a Script tool (like the Suppress Extra Junctions) that accomplishes this, i.e. fixes the ends of segments viewd within the screen? At least the End Node Fix?
kodi75
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby davipt » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:36 am

bz2012 wrote:As best I can tell from observations, if you 'click' within 1 snap radius of a node, the node will be selected. The same should happen if you are within 1 snap distance from a segment

Never noticed that behavior. The snap distance is when you are dragging a node and get nearby other object and the node *snaps* into it. Like picking a segment extreme and snapping into another segment to create a junction. Or more importantly, allows to drag nodes around without snapping into each other without the need to zoom in to the maximum.

Another example are landmarks. One can draw a landmark with a whole in the middle only if the nodes of the connecting side are not touching or overlapping each other and that's where snap=0 helps to put the nodes at distance 1.
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby enhket » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:53 pm

bz2012 wrote:The "WME add on" appears to allows you to CHANGE the snap distance from the default so that you can 'taylor' the editors snap behavior to your taste. Again, if someone has different information, please chime in. I am just guessing.

Correct, It changes the default snap distance. it helps me to edit road geometries without zooming in.
enhket
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby bz2012 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:37 pm

enhket wrote:
petervdveen wrote:What does 'Snap dist' actualy do? ;)

it is the "magnetic effect" between 2 segments. the effect is as high as snap dist is.

As best I can tell from observations, if you 'click' within 1 snap radius of a node, the node will be selected. The same should happen if you are within 1 snap distance from a segment.

It seems to me that if you are within 1 snap distance of multiple objects, the priority seems to be
nearest node, nearest segment, in that order.

Does anyone have definitive information from digging into the program or having written it?

The "WME add on" appears to allows you to CHANGE the snap distance from the default so that you can 'taylor' the editors snap behavior to your taste. Again, if someone has different information, please chime in. I am just guessing.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby gdu1971 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:42 pm

miole67 wrote:After the release of the latest WME beta (4 feb.) the script does not work.

Hi,
It's a minor issue, I'm working on it...
gdu1971
Country Manager
Country Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts