[Script] WME Add-Ons V0.45 ==> Features moved in WME Toolbox

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Add-Ons V0.43

Postby shawndoc » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:47 am

Odd, it was working for me yesterday. But today its not been working on either of my two computers.
California, USA - OC/LA/SB/Riverside L5 Country Editor
shawndoc
Beta tester
Beta tester

Re: [Script] WME Add-Ons V0.43

Postby shawndoc » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:05 am

NVM, got it working. Had to delete and reinstall ALL extensions to get them working again.
California, USA - OC/LA/SB/Riverside L5 Country Editor
shawndoc
Beta tester
Beta tester

Re: [Script] WME Add-Ons

Postby skbun » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:48 pm

Can someone please sticky this thread, putting it at the top of the editing forum? Thanks!

AM in SW Shasta, NW Tehama, Central Trinity Counties, CA; Mt Rainier Nat'l Park, WA
skbun
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby skbun » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:59 pm

iainhouse wrote:
davipt wrote:Any idea why this script, as well as the latest version of the original ext-tools, fails since the new editor on the use case I need the most:
- create a new landmark
- script->select all in landmark
- script->properties
- script->change city name
- save

always fails to save :(

I urgently need to do some mass cityname changes now that city areas are being updated again... :|

I'm pretty sure it's because of un-named segments. If I'm careful not to select any of those, the problem generally goes away.

In principal, I think I'm in favour of this. I have seen large towns where all the segments (including the roundabouts) have the city name set but none of the segments have road names. To me, that suggests someone looking for the big-points edit without doing the hard work of naming the streets. But it would be nice if the tool could, when modifying the city name on a large batch of segments, simply ignore all segments with no street name instead of giving an error.

Here's a workaround to deal with this (faster) until it's fixed in add-ons:

1. Enable the 'StreetNames' and 'city' column in Add-ons. Go to the area you want to edit, and refresh the segment list.
2. Look for the row which has nothing in it. This is the roads without a name.
3. Click the 'select' button.
4. Now, use WME itself (NOT the Add-ons edit tool) to assign a city/state/country to the unnamed road segments.
5. Save.
6. Now that all the unnamed segments are 'out of the way', enable ONLY the 'city' column, which will allow you to change the rest of the segments - but this time, using the Add-ons edit tool.

It's a little ugly, but it's a lot faster than having to pick around finding and unselecting unnamed roads manually.

AM in SW Shasta, NW Tehama, Central Trinity Counties, CA; Mt Rainier Nat'l Park, WA
skbun
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby skbun » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:24 pm

gdu1971 wrote:Yes it is quite easy to do but,
is it not better to have a drop down box to select one of the available existing state in order to not create wrong state names and so ?
I think this might be applicable also for CityNames.
It's quite easy to create a new city or state through the standard editor

Mostly. But states and countries are attached to cities. So first off, I would say 'there should never be a 'state' or 'country' dropdown in segment editing'.

Ideally what I'd like 'City' edit to do is to get cityIDs in view, translate them to names (because a cityID has an associated country and possibly state in the U.S.), and that's it. States and countries shouldn't be 'selectable' from there, because cities carry the backend data.

The tool should not be able to create new cities.

EDIT: If you would like to see a good routine to translate a cityID to a comma separated series of names (based on what's in view), please see the highlighter script - specifically, http://waze.cryosphere.co.uk/scripts/wm ... ights.html. This work has basically already been done.

skbun
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby skbun » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:48 pm

jwkilgore wrote:If I could create a temporary large landmark, select all in it, and change all states to the correct state, this would greatly speed up the task.

It's a good thought, but unfortunately, it wouldn't work. I'll explain why...

You can't see 'all roads' until you're zoomed into zoom level 4, as you know. A landmark bigger than your current view (which is 2048x2048) just wouldn't have the scope to select segments outside the current view that you have.

The biggest view you can get that will select all segments is about 9 square miles. Here's how to do that, jwk:

http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 53#p335453

The problem is that to fix this properly, you'd need to be able to 'select all streets with state X (which you can do), and change all CityIDs to Y (which you cannot - yet - when that cityID is something involving a null - in this case, 'No city, Louisiana'.) The WME segment editor itself will let you change a city and state in this batch way, but you'd have to wipe all your street names in the process because it demands a street.

If gdu implements the city select I talked about in my previous post, I think you could do it.

skbun
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby skbun » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:11 am

gdu1971 wrote:The script already translate all cities in a list with the "autocomplete" feature.
Put it in a select should not be so difficult.
Unless it doesn't work on your countries?
Take a look at the code you will see how to get the list in a clean array in one line of code...
As my country does not have states, I didn't check the consequences of doing such action for now

Right...the issue is that what jwk wants to do is to set a cityID to something with a name of "", which can't autocomplete. Specifically, 99999xx, which is what Waze assigns in the U.S. to 'No city, STATE'. Additionally, there's a bogus cityID that comes up in autocomplete with an ID of 1000000XX, which should never be used. It's...well, let's just say it took a lot of work to get all this right. Again, I suggest checking out the highlighter script. There are comments inside that explain. I'll PM you the code, and the full context is in the script.

skbun
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Permissions on segment select

Postby skbun » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:45 am

Currently, using the 'select' button in 'Segment list' will select all segments in view, whether or not you have permission to actually modify them. Could you please modify this routine to add a test for seg.isAllowed(seg.PERMISSIONS.DELETE)), as you do for surpressing junctions?

If you are near the border of your editing rights and need to make changes there - or are near segments with locks higher than your editing level, this will mean that only segments will be selected that you actually have permission to work with.

If for some reason someone needed to select all segments regardless of permissions (I can't imagine why, but let's say they did), this can be done in play mode.

skbun
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby skbun » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:32 pm

Would it be possible to create a 'Landmark list' like 'segment list', which lists all landmarks in view and city/state/country when applicable, with the 'select' button to fix them? This would be really handy to do basemap landmark cleanup in my area...

(In other words, basically: this is the same thing as 'Segment list', but for landmarks.)

skbun
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby skbun » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:36 pm

kentsmith9 wrote:
jondrush wrote:This is in FF 10.

Buddy! TIme to upgrade. We are on FF 19 now. FF 10 was about 15 days ago. :mrgreen:

I'm not clear on how this works. I mean, I can see from the googlecode page that WME-addons is getting occasional fixes and upgrades, but the OP in the thread is giving me 0.42 (that doesn't seem to have any of them). How exactly do I get 'the newest version' to install, and verify that I got said upgrade (either inside the script or with another check)?

skbun
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts