Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by failsafe
+1 to doctorkb ^

I don't scan the streets with the script as a general rule, but it's nice that it alerts me to potential problems I wouldn't otherwise notice.
failsafe
Send a message
Former Area manager: Chicago Metro Area, Kenosha, and Saint Louis
https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/Colomb ... -A-E-4.gif

Post by fernandoanguita
Updated today !

Thanks for this great script. Editting has been much easier since I use Colour Highlights, since a few months.

Regards from Concepción, Chile,
fernandoanguita
Master Raider
Master Raider
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by fernandoanguita
Today I found all extention scripts disabled by Chrome.

I had to reinstall WME Toolbox, succesfully.

I cannot find Colour Hihlights for reintall in Chrome Web Store, so I have to edit without using Highlights. :cry: :cry:

I hope you can enter WME Colour Highlights into Crome Web Store, as is a great tool for editting. :D

Best regards from Concepción, Chile,
fernandoanguita
Master Raider
Master Raider
Send a message

Post by fernandoanguita
SuperDave1426 wrote:How is what you're talking about different from simply pressing shift-Z within WME to show restricted turns?
I was thinking the same..... :o :)
And with Shift-Z you can also see the actual turns not allowed on the editor.

Regards from Concepción, Chile,
fernandoanguita
Master Raider
Master Raider
Send a message

Post by fernandoanguita
I am still unable lo load Highlights in Chrome.... :cry:

Best regards from Concepción, Chile,
fernandoanguita
Master Raider
Master Raider
Send a message

Post by Firree
It looks like the option to filter by editor and recently edited is gone. Any word on this?
Firree
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by Firree
Timbones wrote:The "Advanced Options" are only available to editors who are rank 3 or Area Managers.
Interesting. Was this a recent change or was I not supposed to see it? I kind of liked that feature.
Firree
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by Firree
I was a part of LA map raid, but it's been a while and I'm not sure why it all of a sudden it went away. This raises an interesting question though, wouldn't it make sense to include this feature for non AMs?
Firree
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
sketch wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
sketch wrote:Is routing still broken for segments ≤15 m long?
Is that different than the feature which disallows routing on short segments (10m) to prevent u-turns?
I suppose not. I didn't realize it was a "feature". I'm sure that's nice elsewhere...
Again 10m? I hope it got raised back to 15m?
sketch wrote:
sketch wrote:...it'd be nice to have a highlight for segments equal to or less than 15 m in length.
...in New Orleans, U turns are a necessary part of driving—we have a lot of Michigan lefts here, whether or not anyone actually calls them for what they are.
Our user added a bit of code to add two checkboxes for highlighting segments 10-15 m and 15-20 m long. I could extract and post the differences, or port it to the recent version first (not seen the new code yet, maybe it is a question of few minutes, maybe much more).
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (on N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).

Post by foxitrot
charleskelso wrote:[...] a "Filter by Editor" function [that] is available for area managers. [...] can you provide a "Highlight My Edits" function?
I think this would indeed be useful (and appreciated by many editors).
gohamstergo wrote:Also if possible, highlight landmark types (separate from generic highlight toggle) so that even when zoomed out, small landmark will still show. For example, parking lots. Small ones only show when zoomed in, making them hard to find. If it would highlight when zoomed out, would make it much easier.
A rule of thumb: the script is only capable of highlighting that, what is already visible in the editor. Thus after zooming out too far, when a landmark disappears...
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (on N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).