Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by Olestas
Hi Timbones, doesn't work for me :( It is there, but does not highlight anything. 
Olestas
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by orbitc
Or... Is it possible to tell us what to change withing the script to be able to that?

Thanks
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Regional Coordinator for Northeast & New England
•Tier1 •USA Coordinator •Global Champ & Mentor
•iOS & WME ßeta Tester •Beacon, CCP & Wiki Master
•Master Raiders •Localization •Content Raider

USA | MapRaid!

Post by orbitc
Timbones wrote:
orbitc wrote:Or... Is it possible to tell us what to change within the script to be able to that?
Search the code for "#f40". That line, and the previous line with "#f00" are the two red colours used for locked roads. You'll probably want to change the "#f00" one, as the second is not used.
Thank you, Tim.
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

USA | MapRaid!

Post by orbitc
suggestion:

URO: text should be little bit of to the side.
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

USA | MapRaid!

Post by orbitc
Timbones wrote:
CrackedLCD wrote:Is there a source for older versions of these scripts? I would like to go back to 1.6.0 and see if it works. That was the last known working version for me, I think.
If you dig around my script pages on Userscripts.org you should be able to download an older version to try.

Could be coincidence that something in Chrome changed at the same time... Anyone else using Chrome beta, either with problems or without?

via mobile
Is it possible to have these in one place or name them with their version numbers built into the name? for those who prefer to use the older version for what ever the reason.
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

USA | MapRaid!

Post by orbitc
iknietjij wrote:You can get them all at http://userscripts.org/scripts/versions/141050 - but they're not named with the version number in that list.
You know, actually I've seen it before. it all comes together. Thanks :D
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

USA | MapRaid!

Post by orbitc
sketch wrote:
qwaletee wrote:3) Could we get an option to have "no name highlighting" only apply to specific road types? It is typical for parking lot roads, private roads, and often ramps and service roads to not have a name, and the highlighting only makes it busy. Usually, I want it for regular roads -- streets, primary streets, minor highways, major highways, and freeways. Sometimes ramps and service roads.
Private roads do often have names, though.

I do think it'd be a good idea to exclude the "no name" highlight from parking lot roads, and perhaps also to include a highlight for named parking lot roads.

The ramp highlight is useful for determining whether some ramp segments are perhaps unnecessarily named. I could see it being desirable to be able to turn the no-name highlight off for ramp segments temporarily, but having it off for ramps and on for at-grade connectors (not something you can program around) seems like it'd be an inconsistent experience.
Cannot we achieve that using toolbox's sort option?
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

USA | MapRaid!

Post by ottonomy
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
tonestertm wrote:This one might need to toggle with all of the regularly scheduled features, but how about a Speed Layer?
Since the "average" speed data shown in the editor has no relation to the time-of-day-based routing which Waze actually uses, I'm not convinced of the usefulness of the data.
An average-speed overlay such as tonestertm suggested would be quite useful to me. I use the speed data we do have available for a number of things wherein the value of its accuracy for certain times of day is not of critical importance.

These may not be the best examples, but they're what popped into my head at the moment:

• I'm gazing over a quadrant full of questionable base-mapped mountain roads or private driveways, and wondering how many of them have ever actually been traveled by Wazers? An average speed of zero is worth as much as hour by hour data to point out the unused ones that deserve closest scrutiny.
• One segment of a major boulevard in the middle of five others (not flanked by its own traffic signals) shows speeds exceptionally slower than others. With my eyes drawn to it, I'd be more likely to notice an obvious cause of false traffic, like an un-mapped parking lot with a hundred cars in it.
• Segments like frontage roads that are picking up wrong-way or obviously excessive speed data due to stray GPS tracks from adjacent freeway or main road segments would be easy to spot, and segments could be nudged or better aligned with GPS data to mitigate the problem.

Certainly, this data could be misleading and/or confusing to those who don't really understand the mechanics and foibles of the map, or the time-specific data that we cannot see, but if it were made available only to AMs and higher, I think it could be quite valuable to see it visually laid over the map, rather than on a segment by segment basis.
ottonomy
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message
Country Manager & Global Champ - United States
Regional Coordinator - Southwest USA
Area Manager - Southern California

Post by OyyoDams
I've just sent you a PM with a way to do that ;)
OyyoDams
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

OyyoDams
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message