Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by doctorkb
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:I'd still love to see WMECH stop highlighting selfcon. It seems like an "error" when there really isn't.
Alan: I don't understand -- is this a node connection (i.e. the purple or red highlight of a node) or the green highlight of a segment that forms a loop?
doctorkb
Answers: 4
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
CrackedLCD wrote:
iknietjij wrote:
CrackedLCD wrote:Welp, I'm at a loss here. After installing 1.6.2 the script doesn't work anymore. Nothing highlights, and there are no options under the dropdowns for cities or the purple highlight type. I uninstalled and reinstalled the script to no avail. Am I the only one having this issue? Haven't seen any other posts on this, or how to fix it.
You may have to disable NoScript if you have it running, it may prevent running the script (or parts of it). Also check what options you have enabled, of course.
I definitely don't have noscript running; I've never even used it before.

I deleted all the other extensions except for one related to Foursquare. It works and I just used it today. But the Highlights script is still not working. I deleted the cache, and the script itself and reinstalled — nothing changes.

I tried the WME Addons tool and it works, too. So it seems to be just this script that's failing me.
I can't see where it has been asked... Which browser, OS and versions of both are you running?
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
Tim: before someone jumps in and suggests it be removed, I would like to see the u-turn highlighting remain in the script.

Most segments shouldn't have it enabled, and it seems to really mess up the routing system when it is... so being able to spot that easily and quickly (the shift-Z trick doesn't display u-turns that are enabled *or* disabled) is a good thing. Perhaps softening the language in the left-hand bar about fixing it would be good, but I think it still needs to be identified.
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
ncc1701v wrote:
CrackedLCD wrote:
doctorkb wrote: I can't see where it has been asked... Which browser, OS and versions of both are you running?
Browser: Chrome 27.0.1453.15 beta-m

Hmm. I didn't even realize I was in the beta channel for Chrome! (It's not my primary browser, Opera is.)
Is Chrome beta working for you? I also have Chrome beta (and Ghostery) and scripts have recently stopped working.
Did you update your scripts to the latest versions? There's a new WME as of earlier this week which broke some of the scripts, but the authors have released updates.
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:When the uturn feature was enabled in the editor, there was no change to the data anywhere. Any selfcons which existed before would now show as an allowed uturn, whether locked or unlocked.
I think that is exactly what iainhouse thinks shouldn't have been done.

Alan: the interface seems to suggest (by way of question marks on the u-turn, even when the other turns are "hard") that u-turn locks are separate from normal turns. Is this an error?
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
Timbones wrote:
gohamstergo wrote:Have you heard of the "[enhanced]" version of your script? What exactly does it mean by "show all bad junctions?" What would your script not normally show?
These would be highlighted nodes that aren't on Primary roads (or higher). I took the decision not to show these, except when a segment was highlighted.
I updated my installation to do this also. I've also updated my copy to deal with the bad road names for Canada. Additionally, I added a yellow highlight to intersections with soft turns.

I've not distributed it, though -- I figure it's better left to the original developer.

Iainhouse: I wouldn't start calling them "locked" or "unlocked" -- because that will confuse younger editors who see the "Lock" button and think that's how to lock turns/junction. I think "soft" and "hard" are the unique identifiers that everyone understands.
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
iknietjij wrote:Works wonders, just have to figure out some time to make it a crx now.. annoying chrome update.
That's not too hard... But why not just use TamperMonkey? I just switched as this update ticked me off... And it's awesome, especially when you're tweaking a script.
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
top_gun_de wrote:
PhantomSoul wrote:+1 on the option to highlight segments <10m and 10-15m. Its useful to supress u-turns on narrowly divided highways where a direct u-turn is prohibited.
Hi,

the 15m-limit under which the routing never does a U-turn is easily forgotten when splitting roads. Therefore, highlighting segments of less than 15m would be a good idea.

Best regards,

Detlev
I agree -- if the routing server actually paid attention to that.

We've got a UR live right now for just this issue -- an illegal u-turn suggested across an 11m segment.

I've got a note in to Amit, but he's away right now.
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
sketch wrote:I've also heard "10m" mentioned for U turn prevention. So that could be it.
At 10m, one had might as well use an ugly bow-tie...
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
Well, it's a standard H-shape (one two-way street crossing a split two one-way street): https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=7&lat ... TT&env=usa
doctorkb
Send a message