Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by goldenvocals
I hope this is the correct place to post this.
I downloaded and installed the color highlights. Even though the extension is enabled, it's greyed out on the tool bar. I saw people complaining on the store that this extension has not worked since 2017. It's at least a year or more later, at this point, so I guess it's not going to get fixed? I will try the script to see if that works. Thanks for your time.
goldenvocals
Send a message

Post by GooberKing
I've seen Rising_Sun's issue as well. Basically, if you select a segment, then try to select a different segment, it will deselect the first segment, but not select the second one. You have to click a second time to actually select the other segment.

I've also noticed an issue with Color Highlights in Firefox where it prevents the House Number frame from showing up. If I disable the script, clicking Edit House Numbers works fine. This issue does not seem to happen in Chrome...
GooberKing
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message
http://gkstudios.net/RI_Sig.gif
State Manager of Rhode Island
RI Wiki | RI To Do List

Post by GooberKing
Timbones wrote:
Olestas wrote:When I open editor with places turned on, this thing happens after I click on any place.
I fixed an issue that was occurring on Firefox (v2.2). Let me know if that fixes it.

As for Chrome, I still can't see any problems. What errors do you see in the Developer console?
Not sure what you fixed, but it looks like the HN Panel is now working in Firefox as well. Thanks!
GooberKing
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message
http://gkstudios.net/RI_Sig.gif
State Manager of Rhode Island
RI Wiki | RI To Do List

Post by goodolsen
Seems like most add-ons that worked before the update to WME need to have their own updates.
goodolsen
Send a message

Post by hamster--
I'll admit, haven't read this whole thread so dunno if suggested before:

New idea for a highlight - Landmarks snapped to road.

Also if possible, highlight landmark types (separate from generic highlight toggle) so that even when zoomed out, small landmark will still show. For example, parking lots. Small ones only show when zoomed in, making them hard to find. If it would highlight when zoomed out, would make it much easier.
hamster--
Send a message

Post by hamster--
foxitrot wrote:
gohamstergo wrote:Also if possible, highlight landmark types (separate from generic highlight toggle) so that even when zoomed out, small landmark will still show. For example, parking lots. Small ones only show when zoomed in, making them hard to find. If it would highlight when zoomed out, would make it much easier.
A rule of thumb: the script is only capable of highlighting that, what is already visible in the editor. Thus after zooming out too far, when a landmark disappears...
ah, noted. wasn't sure how it functioned underneath... if the info was there, just not shown in the interface, or what. ;)
hamster--
Send a message

Post by hamster--
cool, always glad to see updates.
hamster--
Send a message

Post by hamster--
Timbones wrote:What if I were to highlight only soft U-turns? Or at least differentiate them from hard U-turns? (Accepting above comments about all or none locked)
Personally, I think that would be nice. That way nobody would 'accidently' JNF spam an area with hard-uturns
Side question: Have you heard of the "[enhanced]" version of your script? What exactly does it mean by "show all bad junctions?" What would your script not normally show?
hamster--
Send a message

Post by hamster--
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:I think I've asked for this before too. :) I'd love to see both a "conflict" checker (which is pretty advanced as the code must figure out if two segments overlap: not a trivial matter to code), and a level display: where each level is a color of the rainbow and I can scan for overlapping same colors.
you may already know about it, but there is a script that shows levels, but it does conflict with this script.
hamster--
Send a message

Post by hamster--
huckd wrote:Thanks for this link gohamstergo! I was not aware of it and have found several level errors in my little editable area. Gave ya a thumbs up.
No problemo :) I made a point to search "WME" and "Waze" on userscripts to find any script I could a little while after I started editing.
AlanOfTheBerg wrote: One of these scripts for levels needs to be incorporated into WMECH.
Ya, that would be nice and handy if that was added.
hamster--
Send a message