Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by hamster--
huckd wrote:I think this script and link should be added to this WIKI page.
Done. Added a basic heading for it. If someone wants to make a more detailed description, or change its position, feel free.
hamster--
Send a message

Post by hamster--
iknietjij wrote:Looks like TamperMonkey allows both my scripts to run just fine, without having to go through the crx stuff.. And since it seems it's fixed in Chrome 28 or 29, I doubt it's worth too much bother: https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issu ... ?id=242890
is there a link to your script version that i missed?
hamster--
Send a message

Post by hamster--
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Geometry mode wipe can be done with a simple bookmarklet too. I can send it to you.
I don't mean to thread-jack, but while we're on the subject of bookmarklets. I remember reading somewhere about one that can simplify shapes, like those uber complex landmarks. Can't seem to find that thread again... remember where that was, alan?
hamster--
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
kodi75 wrote: Presumably a good portion of the house numbers on the older streets are set / were imported with the help of the geocoding sources. Undoubtedly they need to be tweaked - prompted by UR's.
Why, they aren't currently used by Waze search? The address layer is just there to divert you from working on stuff that actually affects routing, or giving you something to do if there's nothing left in your area. Typically, when Waze announces a new functionality is just around the corner, its 12-24 months out. Since they've yet to make any announcement that they plan on using editor entered addresses "just around the corner", I think its safe to assume we're several years out from them serving any purpose.

/Why yes, I am cynical.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
Any updated version for the new beta editor URL?
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
shawndoc wrote:Any updated version for the new beta editor URL?
You can update it yourself. Right at the top. Pretty easy.
I know I can unpack the CRX file using 7-Zip. Once I change the URL's in the script, how do I repack it so Chrome will let me install it?
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
I'm running 1.6.7 and for some reason I'm not getting any of the AM level functions, despite being a CM.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
Timbones wrote:* Updated Chrome version (v1.7.4) so that it will work with non-English languages.
Where do I get 1.7.4? Latest version I'm seeing in the link from the first post is 1.7.1.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Harmonious4
I have written an update to this script so that the routing preference highlight shows the colour of the routing road type, rather than a cyan highlight for all road types. Where should I be submitting my code?
Harmonious4
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 5
Send a message
Country Manager: Canada

Post by Harmonious4
I have also been using a modified version of the script, which changes the colour of the routing preference highlight based on the routing road type rather than always cyan:

Code: Select all

//newColor = "#0ff";
      switch (attributes.routingRoadType) {
        case 1: // St
          newColor = "#ffffeb";
          break;
        case 2: // PS
          newColor = "#f0ea58";
          break;
        case 3: // FW
          newColor = "#c577d2";
          break;
        case 6: // MH
          newColor = "#45b8d1";
          break;
        case 7: // mH
          newColor = "#69bf88";
      }
Is there any interest in adding this to the script?
Harmonious4
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 5
Send a message
Country Manager: Canada