Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Post by SuperDave1426
"Dumb editors" or not, if it increases the chances of someone doing something dumb to the map, is it really a good idea to encourage it? ;)
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
CrackedLCD wrote:Has Waze broken this script again? I'm going on three days with it not loading. I even deleted and reinstalled it from the chrome store with no luck. Other scripts are working fine.
It's working fine for me. Try disabling all your other scripts and see if the Highlighter works for you then. If it does, you've got a conflict with another script. To find which one, start re-enabling them one at a time until you find the one that's causing the conflict.
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
Taco909 wrote:I'm not sure that Validator is catching Revcons.
Ok, I'm putting on my stupid hat now. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smil ... /dunce.gif :D

But what the heck is a "Revcon?" I've seen the term bandied about, but I just can't figure out the meaning (beyond a really vague idea) from seeing it used. So, I give up. :lol: What does the term mean, at least within the context of Waze?
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
Feature request: I can't remember if I've already asked about this in the past (if so, I can't find where my posting is...), so I'll ask now in order to be sure.

Is there any way that a feature can be added so that it will highlight place additions or updates that are less than x days old? The reason that I'm asking is because eventually a driver who has been approved however many number of times is the magic number eventually gets their new place add/update approved automatically and won't be flagged in WME for review. This means it's possible for a "trusted" driver to eventually put in a new place or update an existing one with something that actually isn't correct (or might be inappropriate or otherwise unusable in the case of a picture). By having a plugin that helps to show new places that aren't awaiting review, we can still help to make sure that what goes into the map is valid.

So, any chance of adding something like that? Or is that way outside the scope of what this addon is supposed to do? :)
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
Good to hear! Thanks!
Timbones wrote: - will now highlight recently edited or created places
That will highlight both area and point places, correct? :)

Edit: I just installed the Tampermonkey version and disabled the Chrome plugin, and fired up WME. I don't see any options for highlighting place update/adds, nor am I seeing any special highlighting going on in place updates.

What am I missing?
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
Well, whatever it is, it's still affecting me. I even went so far as to install the 1.92 beta as a test, but that made no difference - there's no checkboxes allowing you to show recently updated/added places, and places that I know were recently updated (by myself) are not showing up as highlighted in any particular way - and at any real zoom distance, they don't show up at all....
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
Timbones wrote:To clarify, this version doesn't highlight recently edited point places, so I'll work on adding that. It doesn't do anything with place updates, that's a job for another script (i.e. URO+).
Or maybe Toolbox? Hmmm.... Guess I'll make the request in those places and see if there's anything that can be done. Though wouldn't a place that had an automatically-accepted update from the client look like it had been edited recently? If so, it might still show up.
If you select the option to highlight recently edited segments, it will also highlight area places too.
Is there any chance that could be separated? Updated/edited places is something I'd be likely to want to see very regularly as part of my normal scanning around. I don't necessarily want all the streets lit up all the time; I suspect other editors may well feel the same way.

If they can't be separated, then that's the way it goes - but I figured there's no harm in asking. :)
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
I don't know if this has been brought to anyone's attention yet, but I'm finding that Color Highlights is causing a lot of really bad lag in WME. When I run with it active, moving the map around lags, updating roads lag, everything just seems to lag rather badly.

I've tried both the Chrome store version 1.94 as well as the userscript version 1.97 for Tampermonkey, and they both cause equal amounts of WME lag. I hope this is something which can be fixed; I really like and use the things it highlights....
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message