Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by jasonh300
Timbones wrote:I couldn't decide what to do about ramps, and I didn't want to force personal and local ideas on to everyone.

How about if ramps are only highlighted if Streets checkbox is selected?

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk
I think that may result in an even worse conflict. How hard would it be to make a checkbox for each road type to highlight? I'm done with freeways and am working on Major Highways in my state. It would be handy to only show those so I could keep my eye on my goal rather than be distracted by everything else that's highlighted. This is a more linear project rather than something concentrated on by area...at least the way I'm doing it.

EDIT: In the U.S., we're not really putting speed limits on ramps except in the rare case where there's a regular black and white speed limit sign on the ramp. In most cases, we have a yellow sign with black lettering, which is an advisory speed and not an enforceable speed limit. I don't know how it's done in the rest of the world. That's why I was specifically asking about ramps. I'm just looking for a way to do it that won't conflict with differing rules and methods in other places.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
Timbones wrote:Rightio then. I've just uploaded Color Highlights v2.7 that adds a separate option for Ramps.

I've maybe fixed Alan's issue with localeCompare too. If not, send me a permalink of where it occurs.

:ugeek:
Thanks Tim. That will end my frustration!
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonroseweir
Just updated to v1.6.

I am now sometimes seeing a dotted orange line, when I have the No Name (Orange) option selected, on segments that appear to be correctly named.

What does this represent?
jasonroseweir
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Attachments

Post by jasonroseweir
Hmmm,

I have checked out another example of this, as far as I can see, the segment has not got any alt names. :?

Permlink: https://world.waze.com/editor/?zoom=6&l ... =124084401
jasonroseweir
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by jasonroseweir
The "St" in "St Davids Dr" should have a full stop - i.e. "St. Davids Drive".

There's a long-ongoing issue with the Text-To-Speech system where it's supposed to pronounce this as Saint, but sometimes decides to pronounce it as Street.

Current UK thinking is that we should still be putting "Saint" as "St." and hoping that HQ can sort out the TTS problem properly.

[EDIT] The Scottish are a devout folk - you'll probably have lots of "Saints" around.
Ah-hah! That makes sense. Well spotted. :)

Also, looking back at my earlier screenshot, that street was also a "St" street name.

Cheers!
AlanOfTheBerg wrote: FYI, this segment needs to be fixed. It makes a "loop" but it's a single segment which wraps back on itself with only a single junction. It should be straightened out and made into multiple segments. Also, why are there so many restricted turns on the roundabout there?
Yeah, I noticed that, there are lots of segments like this around my local area. I intended to start a project to clean them all up.

The roundabout you mention, I think that was a failed use of the WME Junction Fixer script on that node. Sorry about that, I'll tidy it up just now....
jasonroseweir
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by jaywazin
+1 on the break with today's WME release.

Would also like to make a feature request - to allow color coding of elevations (tunnels); we forked your code to color-code tunnel levels to better visualize and differentiate complex tunnel system in a Beacons project, and think that this would be a useful addition for similar projects in the future in the official release.
tunnel interchange.JPG
Forked version of Color Highlights with tunnels coded by elevation
(67.02 KiB) Downloaded 805 times
jaywazin
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message
Last edited by jaywazin on Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by jbarrios107
It would be nice to put in the list of layers of a button to enable or disable all functions of the script
jbarrios107
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message
Jorge Barrios A. - Area Manager Santa Marta.
Country Manager Colombia.

Post by jchiarav
Hi.

The option for "Headlights required" is near to be implemented? Yes?

Thanks. A lot.
jchiarav
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by jdelosa
Just noticed something different.

I always have selected Recently Edited and Filter by Editor
I use to show both, now it seems to add them as a filter to each other.
If that was the original way it was to work, then can we have the option to split them again.
I can see the use for both options.

Thanks Always for this great tool. JD
jdelosa
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator
Send a message

Post by jdtech4u
Thanks cybernissart for the patch. It's great to have the City Name filter working again.
jdtech4u
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message
Ike
JDTech4U
Northwestern Pennsylvania