[Script] WME Color Highlights - 1.98 Dec 2014

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderator: Unholy

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Color Highlights - 1.98 Dec 2014

Postby ranttine » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:05 pm

Feature request: highlight road segments with an elevation that differs from ground level. Even better if its different color for negative levels and positive levels.
Area Manager: Levi, Muonio, Kemi-Simo välimaasto
Country Manager: Finland
Samsung Galaxy Tab & Xcover 2
ranttine

Re: [Script] WME Color Highlights - 1.98 Dec 2014

Postby ranttine » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:54 pm

Never tried it before. Installed now - just what I needed! Thanks :)
Area Manager: Levi, Muonio, Kemi-Simo välimaasto
Country Manager: Finland
Samsung Galaxy Tab & Xcover 2
ranttine

Re: [Script] Colour Highlights for Segments - v1.6.2 Apr 201

Postby razor2k » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:46 am

During editing I'm always cleaning up straight segments that have multiple nodes between points A & B.

Here's an example, I've seen a lot worse...just put your pointer on the highlighted segment and you'll see the extra nodes:

https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=3&lon ... s=10345418

Is there a script that can be added to clean up straight segments? Obviously you couldn't use it on curved segments as it would make that sement straight. I'm thinking something like the "suppress extra junctions" feature. Or would this be something that could be abused and mess up the map by making curved segments straight :?

Just a thought.
Area Manager: Pinellas, Pasco & Hillsborough Counties FL
Phone: Samsung GS 2, Sprint, Android 4.1.2
Waze: 3.7.2

Waze FAQ...Best Map Editing Practice...Correct Server?...User Manual
razor2k
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Re: [Script] Colour Highlights for Segments - v1.6.2 Apr 201

Postby razor2k » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:43 am

iainhouse wrote:Try WME Toolbox (http://world.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=48123) by Oyyodams. It includes a single key-press function to remove the geometry nodes from the selected segment.

Hmmm..It must conflict with either the highlights or addons script. I'm using FF (latest ver.) I'll play around with it and see if I can get it to work :)
Area Manager: Pinellas, Pasco & Hillsborough Counties FL
Phone: Samsung GS 2, Sprint, Android 4.1.2
Waze: 3.7.2

Waze FAQ...Best Map Editing Practice...Correct Server?...User Manual
razor2k
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Re: [Script] Highlights for Segments & Landmarks - v1.6 Feb

Postby rleejr79 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:10 am

Hello. Thanks for the script as it helps greatly. I have a feature request(s), if possible.

Is it possible to add a layer to show roads that have alternate names attached to the segment. For example, it would show the roads that have "Main St." as primary and "State Rte 201" as alternate. This would be beneficial to show if a segment was accidentally skipped over in adding the alternate road name.

This would also help detect errors on roadways that should not have an alternate name. In going road by road, the sync errors that Cartouche brought into Papyrus is frustrating. This way I can delete the alternate names if need be.

Also, though it is tied together but different, it would be nice to have an option to see what alternate lists have different city names. This relates to the old cartouche issue. In going back over my work with your script, I used cartouche back in the day to enter primary and alternate road names as papyrus was blocked at work. In going back through, many alternates are showing no city listed with the road name. I know I entered them before. It would help save time in map editing/fixing if I was able to see if the alt city did not match the primary city.

Thanks for all the great work.

Image Image My Waze idea: Vote Here Pls!
rleejr79

Re: [Script] WME Color Highlights - 1.94 Oct 2014

Postby RobertB151 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:19 am

Hi Timbones,

Regarding the 1.96 beta, I'm wondering what criteria you're using as an "incorrect category".

I see that several places are marked incomplete when they use one of the "parent" categories, however some places (e.g., storage facilities) don't really fall into one of the more specific categories, and so the parent category is used. From what I've read elsewhere on the forum this is proper. I realize that there are requests out to expand the set of more specific categories, but we're stuck with what we have for now.

Thanks,
Robert
RobertB151
Area Manager
Area Manager

Re: [Script] WME Color Highlights - 1.8 Feb 2014

Postby RodNav » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:03 pm

Timbones wrote:I see that fwdSpeed and revSpeed have both been removed from the segment attributes, presumably because they deemed to be not useful by HQ. I don't see any 'averageSpeed' attribute though, or anything else that indicates speed. I shall have to remove this feature.

You think they should ask the users if they find it useful? :(
It will be a pity to lose this. But not your fault, Timbones. Thank you that you at least listen to what users want 8-)
Country Manager for South Africa.
Samsung GT-I9300 (Galaxy S3), Android 4.1.2
RodNav
Beta tester
Beta tester

Re: [Script] WME Color Highlights - 1.81 Mar 2014

Postby russblau » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:34 pm

qwaletee wrote:Toolbox already does this, but I find its UI to be too heavy. I would love thin, pastel lines, that don't obscure anything.

It does? How?
ImageImageImage
AM Northern Virginia/Washington, D.C./Sussex County, DE
State Manager: District of Columbia
russblau
State Manager
State Manager

Re: [Script] WME Color Highlights - 1.81 Mar 2014

Postby ScottZane » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:37 pm

TimBones,

Any chance you can update the OP with a good download now that userscripts has been down? Same goes for the WIki. I found a download link in another person's post, but since it wasn't posted by you, I'm not treating it as the official download link and don't want to add the wrong link to the wiki.
ScottZane

Re: [Script] WME Color Highlights - 1.91 July 2014

Postby seb-d59 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:57 pm

Timbones wrote:
doctorkb wrote:As of last night, the node highlighting (of soft turns, u-turn, revconns) is no longer working.

I feared that might happen. Given that Validator shows these too (?), I'm considering dropping this feature from my script...

Hi Timbones,
I have just finished to debug this functionality of your script :),
I have tested it on the three servers (World, US & Canada only and Israel only)
And, it work on the domains:
- https:/www.waze.com/editor
- https:/www.waze.com/*/editor

I transmit you, the link of the source (v1.92) by private message, and you can publish it....
If you want...

A++!
Seb.D
Aréa Manager Métropole Lilloise
Et Sur l'ensemble des départements du Nord(59) et du Pas-de-Calais(62)
State Manager Nord(59) - France - Mentor France

Script: SearchInPM Fr / En
seb-d59
State Manager
State Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts