[Script] WME Color Highlights - 2.22 Feb 2017

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Color Highlights - 1.91 July 2014

Postby Timbones » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:33 pm

NEW VERSION uploaded to Chrome Web Store* and Greasy Fork (moved from UserScripts)
*Chrome will update to the newest version automatically

Just a few minor fixes:
  • Automatic Locks now shown as dotted red lines (where available)
  • Tolls are only shown as blue dashed (ignores lock status)
  • Farms areas now shown in green
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators

Re: [Script] WME Color Highlights - 1.9 Jun 2014

Postby MoraisSPbr » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:11 pm

Timbones wrote:NEW VERSION uploaded (...)

Only adds 1 thing: colour highlights for Places! :D
  • Places that match the City Highlight = yellow

It may be a bit buggy, so let me know if you spot any issues or if I've missed out some categories that should be green or blue.

Hi !
I noticed that when I'm using the "City Filter" (and "Inverse" option too) the "Places" with "City" of this condition at their "Address" has not highlighted... :-(
Is it already known ?

Thanks a lot... and sorry any error or my poor english... I only speak portuguese... ;-)
MoraisSPbr
Beta tester
Beta tester

Location: SP: Osasco(Quitaúna) / São Paulo (Brooklin Novo / Berrini)

Postby tonestertm » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:58 pm

Thanks for the clarity on the Toll information. Any likelihood to alter it a bit? Locked Tolls are difficult to see on MH segments above a certain zoom. And I wouldn't think the fading/opacity option would be a necessity, but if at least all Tolls at or below a given editor's Rank were one color and above (or out of area) another, a la the Editor lock, it might be helpful, since one supersedes the other. Maybe I'm just weird.

I feel like I should just Thank you every single time I post here, for the incredible value of this tool. THANKS AGAIN! :)

I wonder if anyone else would have an interest in the possibility of having sort of a sub-head section under Streets, whereby either All Streets (as it currently provides, by selecting "Streets") or just one type (or possibly even a selection of types) of Street could be selected. It would make the list ugly, though, and I'm not dying for this option, but sort of wished for it today.
tonestertm
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby AlexN-114 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:43 am

Timbones wrote:[*]Parks = green (includes Forest / Grove and Golf Course)

On the client FARM is now green, why not also in the editor? ;)
AlexN-114
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Szata76 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:09 am

Hi,

Thank You for your work!
I've found a small bug. After switching the Filter by Editor option on, the Time/Vehicle Restrictions, Unterminated Roads* and the Highlight a Road Type highlighting partly disappeared on the map.

Could You check it?
Thanks,
Szata76
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Timbones » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:00 pm

NEW VERSION uploaded to Chrome Web Store* and UserScripts
*Chrome will update to the newest version automatically

Only adds 1 thing: colour highlights for Places! :D
  • Places that match the City Highlight = yellow
  • Gas Stations = orange
  • Parking Lots = cyan
  • Water = blue (includes River / Stream, Sea / Lake / Pool)
  • Parks = green (includes Forest / Grove and Golf Course)
  • Everything else is left as pink
It may be a bit buggy, so let me know if you spot any issues or if I've missed out some categories that should be green or blue.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators

Re: [Script] WME Color Highlights - 1.81 Mar 2014

Postby ct13 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:46 pm

vince1612 wrote:Hey all,

A suggestion which -I think- was not talked about before -sorry in advance if I'm wrong-, I did look through the pages of this thread and didn't find anything.

Currently I use the "Recently Edited (Green)" highlight function a lot and the fact that you can filter by editors is great too !

My question/suggestion is would it be possible to have the option to highlight everyone's edits except your own by filtering them out.
AND/OR to highlight by editor rank (only highlight edits from lvl 1 users, or 1 and 2)

This would be useful to me for two reasons:

1. You could always leave the feature ON even when you work/edit the map as it would not highlight roads you need to see without the green highlight blocking your view of street names, currently I have to turn it off when it bothers me and not forget to turn it back on after I'm done.

2. As an AM who may want to review edits in my area to check for potential mistakes by new editors I would be able to quickly notice edits who were not made by me and not risk zooming on my own edits to check the zone.
  • -> If filter "everyone except me" the only problem might be that edits from higher ranked editors would also be highlighted, but not a big issue, would already be great.
  • -> If filter "by editor rank" it would be simply perfect to review recent edits by lower ranked users and be able to spot possible mistakes quicker. Then I can message the user to guide him to the Wiki's or help myself etc...

Currently without that option I can also sort of use this to check recent edits but I edit so much that often I zoom on places that were edited by me and loose some time.

uscwaller wrote:For the 'Filter By Editor' option, it would be nice if they were sorted by either rank or alphabetically

So I wrote a post to ask for feature additions to the "filter by editor" highlight and lo and behold others had most of my ideas first. :D

So in addition to bumping this to see if there were any plans to incorporate these features, I would also like to suggest having the ability to highlight multiple editors. Sometime, you run into an issue where there are a few editors that you would like to pay closer attention to; having the ability to highlight multiples, rather than switching between editors while panning the map, would make it much easier.

Regardless, great script that makes editing and managing much easier. Thanks!
ct13
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby bz2012 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:30 pm

I was just thinking of something that would be nice:

Some kind of difficult to ignore WARNING when the number of pending 'saves' exceeds a [perhaps settable] alarm level.

For example if the whole 'search bar area' background were to turn red when pending saves exceeded 100.

Not sure which script this would be most easy to add to but Color Highlights or toolbox are two that come to mind.

Of course, this feature could be built into WME, but then so could a lot of the nice features that the fine scriptwriters have added.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby AlexN-114 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:51 pm

Timbones wrote:
Atuuu wrote:As now v.1.6 is now in all servers, Timbones, can you please redesign the feature "Highlight Places" to see places in more colors? Thank you!

Yes, I will try to fit than in when I get the chance.

Until Timbones has not implemented a solution for this, you can try my Highlighter (HiLiCi).
AlexN-114
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby sketch » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:59 pm

I'm sure it was a mistake. Sometimes I forget which threads are in which forums. I do not appreciate being called a "chump".
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts