[Script] WME Color Highlights - 2.22 Feb 2017

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Color Highlights - 1.81 Mar 2014

Postby no1ne » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:14 pm

Thanks you got me
This was not for me

Via Tapatalk
no1ne
Global Champs Localizers
Global Champs Localizers

Postby berestovskyy » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:09 pm

arbaot wrote:ask berestovskyy to add the Templates {updatedBy} {updateDate}

If I get you correctly, you don't need those. In Validator you can simply click search tab and then put a username(s) into "Updated by" field and a date into the "Updated since" field, so it will highlight the issues.

To highlight everything you can put 1 into a custom template and /1/ into the RegExp.

The 'Updated by" field is available for country managers only.
berestovskyy

Postby no1ne » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:20 pm

ask berestovskyy
to add the Templates
{updatedBy}
{updateDate}

in Validator's Custom Checks
no1ne
Global Champs Localizers
Global Champs Localizers

Postby qwaletee » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:44 pm

My bad... I read the levels request as a rank request.

I do think highlighting by specific (grade) level, and road rank (level), editor rank are all good ideas.

I would also like an option to highlight combinations (AND instead of OR). Imagine -- I could highlight anything a particular user has done in the last day. I sometimes get problem editors in the areas I manage, and it is useful to see if they are back at it again, while excluding their older edits.
qwaletee
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Location: NYC Metro - Active throughout NE^2 (Northeast & New England)

Postby doctorkb » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:15 pm

Split FC Highlights discussion off to here: https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=819&t=95473
doctorkb
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby doctorkb » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:45 pm

daknife wrote:I don't like private channels, I grant some use of them for discussing how to deal with problem editors. But any and all discussions as to how the map system works must be at least readable by all editors, limit comments by non champs, but stop hiding new details from us.

FWIW, this particular topic is in the Champs-only forum because it pertained to as-yet-unreleased material, and a lack of public disclosure was requested by Waze staff.

Given that some of the material has been released, perhaps we can find a public thread to include the information on... but please don't get your knickers in a knot over this -- it wasn't a Champs decision to have that in the private area.
doctorkb
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby Daknife » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:22 pm

sketch wrote:
daknife wrote:Oh gee, yet another link to private information that most editors have no access to, even some level 6 editors.

Edited to remove private link.

Tapatalking via my Galaxy S4

And so? As a mentor, you also have access to at least one private forum that most editors have no access to, even some level 6 editors.
But I have yet to toss out such a link as proof of some concept. Time and again Champs cite some new law from above, and when questioned, a link to the private forum is shared, which nobody but the champs can read.
If it hasn't been published to he general community it is not a standard, no matter how many champs agree with it.

I don't like private channels, I grant some use of them for discussing how to deal with problem editors. But any and all discussions as to how the map system works must be at least readable by all editors, limit comments by non champs, but stop hiding new details from us.
Tapatalking via my Galaxy S4
Daknife
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Postby ScottZane » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:37 pm

TimBones,

Any chance you can update the OP with a good download now that userscripts has been down? Same goes for the WIki. I found a download link in another person's post, but since it wasn't posted by you, I'm not treating it as the official download link and don't want to add the wrong link to the wiki.
ScottZane

Postby Timbones » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:46 am

Atuuu wrote:As now v.1.6 is now in all servers, Timbones, can you please redesign the feature "Highlight Places" to see places in more colors? Thank you!

Yes, I will try to fit than in when I get the chance.

wlodek76 wrote:Can we implement a highlighting of road levels ?
I did some small implementation based on v1.81.

Thanks, I will consider including it. No promises though.

vince1612 wrote:would it be possible to have the option to highlight everyone's edits except your own by filtering them out. AND/OR to highlight by editor rank (only highlight edits from lvl 1 users, or 1 and 2)

Maybe, I think about it.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby vince1612 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:06 am

Hey all,

A suggestion which -I think- was not talked about before -sorry in advance if I'm wrong-, I did look through the pages of this thread and didn't find anything.

Currently I use the "Recently Edited (Green)" highlight function a lot and the fact that you can filter by editors is great too !

My question/suggestion is would it be possible to have the option to highlight everyone's edits except your own by filtering them out.
AND/OR to highlight by editor rank (only highlight edits from lvl 1 users, or 1 and 2)

This would be useful to me for two reasons:

1. You could always leave the feature ON even when you work/edit the map as it would not highlight roads you need to see without the green highlight blocking your view of street names, currently I have to turn it off when it bothers me and not forget to turn it back on after I'm done.

2. As an AM who may want to review edits in my area to check for potential mistakes by new editors I would be able to quickly notice edits who were not made by me and not risk zooming on my own edits to check the zone.
  • -> If filter "everyone except me" the only problem might be that edits from higher ranked editors would also be highlighted, but not a big issue, would already be great.
  • -> If filter "by editor rank" it would be simply perfect to review recent edits by lower ranked users and be able to spot possible mistakes quicker. Then I can message the user to guide him to the Wiki's or help myself etc...

Currently without that option I can also sort of use this to check recent edits but I edit so much that often I zoom on places that were edited by me and loose some time.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts