[Script] WME Color Highlights - 1.98 Dec 2014

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderator: Unholy

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Color Highlights - 1.91 July 2014

Postby SuperDave1426 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:40 pm

Taco909 wrote:I'm not sure that Validator is catching Revcons.

Ok, I'm putting on my stupid hat now. Image :D

But what the heck is a "Revcon?" I've seen the term bandied about, but I just can't figure out the meaning (beyond a really vague idea) from seeing it used. So, I give up. :lol: What does the term mean, at least within the context of Waze?
ImageImageImageImage
Country Manager: USA (mostly oriented around NV & CA)
Editor Guide Best Editing Practices Editor Quick-start
Places Guidelines Nevada Wiki
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby SuperDave1426 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:56 pm

Feature request: I can't remember if I've already asked about this in the past (if so, I can't find where my posting is...), so I'll ask now in order to be sure.

Is there any way that a feature can be added so that it will highlight place additions or updates that are less than x days old? The reason that I'm asking is because eventually a driver who has been approved however many number of times is the magic number eventually gets their new place add/update approved automatically and won't be flagged in WME for review. This means it's possible for a "trusted" driver to eventually put in a new place or update an existing one with something that actually isn't correct (or might be inappropriate or otherwise unusable in the case of a picture). By having a plugin that helps to show new places that aren't awaiting review, we can still help to make sure that what goes into the map is valid.

So, any chance of adding something like that? Or is that way outside the scope of what this addon is supposed to do? :)
ImageImageImageImage
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby SuperDave1426 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:41 pm

Good to hear! Thanks!

Timbones wrote:- will now highlight recently edited or created places

That will highlight both area and point places, correct? :)

Edit: I just installed the Tampermonkey version and disabled the Chrome plugin, and fired up WME. I don't see any options for highlighting place update/adds, nor am I seeing any special highlighting going on in place updates.

What am I missing?
ImageImageImageImage
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby SuperDave1426 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:20 am

Well, whatever it is, it's still affecting me. I even went so far as to install the 1.92 beta as a test, but that made no difference - there's no checkboxes allowing you to show recently updated/added places, and places that I know were recently updated (by myself) are not showing up as highlighted in any particular way - and at any real zoom distance, they don't show up at all....
ImageImageImageImage
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby SuperDave1426 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:26 pm

Timbones wrote:To clarify, this version doesn't highlight recently edited point places, so I'll work on adding that. It doesn't do anything with place updates, that's a job for another script (i.e. URO+).

Or maybe Toolbox? Hmmm.... Guess I'll make the request in those places and see if there's anything that can be done. Though wouldn't a place that had an automatically-accepted update from the client look like it had been edited recently? If so, it might still show up.

If you select the option to highlight recently edited segments, it will also highlight area places too.

Is there any chance that could be separated? Updated/edited places is something I'd be likely to want to see very regularly as part of my normal scanning around. I don't necessarily want all the streets lit up all the time; I suspect other editors may well feel the same way.

If they can't be separated, then that's the way it goes - but I figured there's no harm in asking. :)
ImageImageImageImage
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby SuperDave1426 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:25 pm

That would be awesome! :D
ImageImageImageImage
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Re: [Script] WME Color Highlights - 1.94 Oct 2014

Postby SuperDave1426 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:19 pm

I don't know if this has been brought to anyone's attention yet, but I'm finding that Color Highlights is causing a lot of really bad lag in WME. When I run with it active, moving the map around lags, updating roads lag, everything just seems to lag rather badly.

I've tried both the Chrome store version 1.94 as well as the userscript version 1.97 for Tampermonkey, and they both cause equal amounts of WME lag. I hope this is something which can be fixed; I really like and use the things it highlights....
ImageImageImageImage
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby SuperDave1426 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:57 pm

I don't know - all of them? :D I've heard comments in the WME chat from a number of other people who have traced down really bad lag to Highlights - they've all said that disabling the addon gets rid of most of the lag. I finally tried it and was amazed by how much faster I could scroll around and move roads and so on.

I'll try turning off place highlighting to start and see if that has any impact. Will progress from there and will let you know if/what I find.

Edit: Ok, I've had a chance to play around with it a bit. I still see lag when the plugin is enabled, but it does seem to be considerably worse when place highlighting is turned on. When I turn it off, I still seem to get bits of lag here and there, but not to the extent that there is when place highlighting it turned on. I'll continue to observe and play with it and will let you know if I notice anything else.
ImageImageImageImage
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby SuperDave1426 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:18 am

Sounds like a useful new feature for places. I just wish that turning on "highlight places" didn't slow down my WME session so much....

Is it going to highlight points as well? We get an awful lot of those that aren't complete from submissions via the app. Since the app doesn't submit area places, we really need a way to know about incomplete points as well...
ImageImageImageImage
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby SuperDave1426 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:02 pm

Out of curiosity, what is the method by which the highlighter decides that a place (area or place) is "incomplete?" Lack of street address information? Something/anything else?
ImageImageImageImage
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts