[Script] WME Color Highlights - 2.22 Feb 2017

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Color Highlights - 1.81 Mar 2014

Postby SuperDave1426 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:38 am

How is what you're talking about different from simply pressing shift-Z within WME to show restricted turns?
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby doctorkb » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:01 pm

sketch wrote:Seems to be the same thing. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the soft turns/revcon/selfcon function in WMECH limited to rank 3 and above?

You are correct. Along with highlighting of recent edits and edits by specific user.
doctorkb
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby sketch » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:55 pm

Seems to be the same thing. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the soft turns/revcon/selfcon function in WMECH limited to rank 3 and above?
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby doctorkb » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:39 pm

what is an "incomplete turn" and how is it different from a "soft turn"?
doctorkb
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby doctorkb » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:52 am

SuperDave: I'm pretty sure that was already noted -- the feature was removed when the beta went live because it was a fundamental change.

Unfortunately, given that Timbones is based in the UK, I suspect we're still a while before the new system is implemented -- "Places" only went live on the NA server. The ROW and IL servers are still a few weeks away, apparently.

I hope Tim will choose to reimplement that feature -- I really liked it, especially for finding smudges being caused by landmarks. We will have to see, though!
doctorkb
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby SuperDave1426 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:11 am

Since the new version of WME went online, the "Highlight Landmarks" box is no longer checkable, so Places(Areas) no longer can be highlighted. Also, when selecting the option to show items edited by a given editor, the Areas and Points that were created by whoever I'm trying to filter on don't color in to show who did them.

This may already be known and is being worked on, but in case it wasn't, I figured I'd better report it. I didn't see anybody reporting it already in this thread; sorry if it's there and I missed it. :-)
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby Spaidermens11 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:03 pm

Man nespīdēs 2 līmeņa editors
Spaidermens11

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:28 pm

Timbones wrote:Updated! Available from UserScripts now, and will shortly be available on Chrome webstore.

• Fixed behaviour in Beta editor, wrt. house numbering (no Landmark highlights if not available)

So far so good on beta behavior.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Timbones » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:56 pm

Updated! Available from UserScripts now, and will shortly be available on Chrome webstore.

• Remove extra speed data for selected segments, after Waze dropped it from the model
  • Fixed behaviour in Beta editor, wrt. house numbering (no Landmark highlights if not available)
I'll look at maybe supporting "Places" in the future once the feature has matured a bit.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators

Re: [Script] WME Color Highlights - 1.8 Feb 2014

Postby doctorkb » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:22 pm

Kuhlkatz wrote:
doctorkb wrote:Except that unsplitting shouldn't result in the removal of any roads... when you follow the instructions here:
https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Best_map_edi ... -Way_Roads

That section is to preserve the House numbering.
I'm referring to mostly main arterials in suburbs that usually has very little or no house numbers assigned to it (in my case). In this case I'd prefer to keep the original speed info for both A->B and B->A on the original segments instead of merging the 2 and polluting the A->B and B->A for the resulting segments after the unsplit & merge.

If you merge them the 'Wiki way' to retain the House Numbering, only the speed info for the longest of the 2 segments seems to be preserved, which looks like it screws up historic data for either the A->B or the B->A if one of the newly added segments was the longest.

It is likely this sort of assumption that has had Waze remove the "average speed" information from the editor. We don't really know if it removes the historical data. It stands to reason that if it preserves house numbers, it would also preserve other shared data like speeds.

Of course, you could follow the instructions given, and alternate the "longest segment of two" between sides so as to resolve the issue in either case, if you're that concerned.
doctorkb
Coordinators
Coordinators

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts