[Script] WME Color Highlights - 2.20 OCT 2016

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Color Highlights - 1.91 July 2014

Postby doctorkb » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:51 pm

Timbones wrote:
doctorkb wrote:As of last night, the node highlighting (of soft turns, u-turn, revconns) is no longer working.

I feared that might happen. Given that Validator shows these too (?), I'm considering dropping this feature from my script...

:(

My experience is that Validator is very "heavy" -- whereas WMECH is rather "light"... that is, it seems to take considerable processing time to load Validator each time, but not WMECH.

This is significant when you're dealing with multiple update/unlock requests, etc...
Waze Global Champ, Mentor
Country Manager: Canada
Area Manager: Edmonton, AB; Prince George, BC; Maui, HI; Georgetown, KY and various places in between
doctorkb
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby taco909 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:49 pm

And WMECH is more consistent with its highlighting at various zoom levels.
Validator is a great tool, but it is a bit quirky (not unlike Waze itself).
-- Rich
ImageImageImage
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Postby sketch » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:43 pm

Timbones wrote:
doctorkb wrote:As of last night, the node highlighting (of soft turns, u-turn, revconns) is no longer working.

I feared that might happen. Given that Validator shows these too (?), I'm considering dropping this feature from my script...

Toolbox also highlights these, although who knows how long Toolbox will be around....

Now I can't remember which way WMECH highlighted them, because I've been using the Toolbox+Validator highlights for it, and I think I used bgodette's WMECH fork for a time before that. Validator just shows a segment highlight, so I would always use Toolbox's highlight as well – Toolbox would draw a circle around the node itself. I'm much less likely to ignore a bright purple/yellow circle around a node when editing quickly than I am to ignore a standard Validator highlight, which could be for anything – because I know the problem ahead of time and I can fix it very quickly.

But I don't even know if this is helpful because I don't remember which way WMECH does it... :oops:

edit Oh yeah, my point is, I still think it's worth having in addition to Validator if it will show them by highlighting the node, rather than by highlighting the segment. With Toolbox in serious limbo, I think this is something WMECH could do well.
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
new orleans based • detroit enthusiast • usa country manager
2013 ford focus titanium hatchback 5mt • performance blue
Image Image
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby taco909 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:47 pm

sketch wrote:Toolbox also highlights these, although who knows how long Toolbox will be around....

Please don't say that.

I held off on installing it because as a new editor, I wanted to avoid issues creating by having a tool that was too powerful.
Now, I am very happy to have it and its loss would be a major impediment to efficiency.
-- Rich
ImageImageImage
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Postby seb-d59 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:57 pm

Timbones wrote:

Hi Timbones,
I have just finished to debug this functionality of your script :),
I have tested it on the three servers (World, US & Canada only and Israel only)
And, it work on the domains:
- https:/www.waze.com/editor
- https:/www.waze.com/*/editor

I transmit you, the link of the source (v1.92) by private message, and you can publish it....
If you want...

A++!
Seb.D
Image @wazeNPdC
LC/CM - France
co-RM Hauts de France(59/62/02/80/60) avec Mikachu59
Mentor France

Scripts: Search In PM - Color Speeds - Export Trajet - UR réponses types v1.5 - Split POI - Reverse Nodes
seb-d59
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby taco909 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:16 pm

I'm not sure that Validator is catching Revcons.
I had another situation this morning where I needed to convert a group of 2-way streets to 1-way, and I forgot to disable turns first. I got no Revcon notification from either Validator or WMECH.
Also, over the past four days I've run Validator scripts against the entire eastern Los Angeles and Orange County basin. I did not get a single "hit" for Revcon for probably 800 square miles of scanning.
-- Rich
ImageImageImage
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Postby seb-d59 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:38 pm

Taco909 wrote:I'm not sure that Validator is catching Revcons.
I had another situation this morning where I needed to convert a group of 2-way streets to 1-way, and I forgot to disable turns first. I got no Revcon notification from either Validator or WMECH.
Also, over the past four days I've run Validator scripts against the entire eastern Los Angeles and Orange County basin. I did not get a single "hit" for Revcon for probably 800 square miles of scanning.

Currently Validator v1.1.1, or all other Highlight process, don't report the Revcons and UTurns. This is due to the recent change in the storage permissions turn.
Before, they was stored with the node information. Currently, they are stored with the segments information.
Seb.D
Image @wazeNPdC
LC/CM - France
co-RM Hauts de France(59/62/02/80/60) avec Mikachu59
Mentor France

Scripts: Search In PM - Color Speeds - Export Trajet - UR réponses types v1.5 - Split POI - Reverse Nodes
seb-d59
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby SuperDave1426 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:40 pm

Ok, I'm putting on my stupid hat now. Image :D

But what the heck is a "Revcon?" I've seen the term bandied about, but I just can't figure out the meaning (beyond a really vague idea) from seeing it used. So, I give up. :lol: What does the term mean, at least within the context of Waze?
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby ct13 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:00 pm

SuperDave1426 wrote:

Ok, I'm putting on my stupid hat now. Image :D

But what the heck is a "Revcon?" I've seen the term bandied about, but I just can't figure out the meaning (beyond a really vague idea) from seeing it used. So, I give up. :lol: What does the term mean, at least within the context of Waze?

RevCons
Basically they are unneeded turns that have been allowed on one way streets. It usually happens when a two way street is converted to a one way, or when you switch directions on a one way street.
(I posted a link before Dave!)
ImageImageImage
ct13
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby taco909 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:16 pm

Yup... Reverse connectivity.
"Permitted" turn onto a Non-permitted direction.
Normally not an issue for routing, though I have heard that under certain situations, Waze MAY route the wrong way down a one-way, just as it may route a prohibited left turn out of a side street if there is no other way to route to the destination.
-- Rich
ImageImageImage
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts